Eflite S.E.5a put-together-thread - Page 17 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

Eflite S.E.5a put-together-thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:11 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Originally Posted by degreen60 View Post
I may have found a good scheme. What do you think Marty?
I like the red. Looks like a Fokker.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:38 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Originally Posted by dbcisco View Post
I like the red. Looks like a Fokker.
You make a red one and I will make a blue one. That way we have a couple of SE5As nightfighters from squardon 61.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:00 AM
wattman

Finally have my EFlite SE5a finished and ready to fly .
WIND and more wind and more wind , and I thought it low enough to try the maiden , wrong , it took off quickly and looped right back onto the pavement one of the stock crummy wheels broke , fuse side right behind the front crushed a small amount , lg wire bent a little , really not as bad as I figured it was . no other damage that I found ......yet .
it certainly took off and looped very fast into the wind , there will be no wind next time , I try it .
I suppose a 8 oz plane weight helped save it from major damage .

Till next time
Old 03-22-2011, 03:15 PM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by wattman View Post
Finally have my EFlite SE5a finished and ready to fly .
WIND and more wind and more wind , and I thought it low enough to try the maiden , wrong , it took off quickly and looped right back onto the pavement one of the stock crummy wheels broke , fuse side right behind the front crushed a small amount , lg wire bent a little , really not as bad as I figured it was . no other damage that I found ......yet .
it certainly took off and looped very fast into the wind , there will be no wind next time , I try it .
I suppose a 8 oz plane weight helped save it from major damage .

Till next time
Yeah Watt. No wind is best. Haven't flown mine since it now needs a RX. I sold the last of my Bergs. Now need to buy more Spektrums. The light weight surely saved her. marty
Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 AM
wattman

Finally the wind almost died down just after Sunset , and off it flew , very little trim at all , EFlite 800 mah lipo battery from the Blade CX2 , everything is smooth at half throttle , even loops . Landed and lifted off again and proabley did 8 mins total , for the two flights .
Handles great on the ground , turns quick , on the pavement even though its just a tail skid
Yes , I love it
A slow flying SE5a , my favorite , well , it may even surpass my Sopwith Pup .

Old 04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Originally Posted by wattman View Post
Finally the wind almost died down just after Sunset , and off it flew , very little trim at all , EFlite 800 mah lipo battery from the Blade CX2 , everything is smooth at half throttle , even loops . Landed and lifted off again and proabley did 8 mins total , for the two flights .
Handles great on the ground , turns quick , on the pavement even though its just a tail skid
Yes , I love it
A slow flying SE5a , my favorite , well , it may even surpass my Sopwith Pup .

Finally NO WIND here this morning and temp not bad either. Took my Eflite Flying Fish out and flew around just over head high. Eflite makes some nice flying planes.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:13 AM
wattman

What beautiful late afternoon flying conditions this afternoon
No wind , 70+ temp , I managed to enjoy 3 - 12 minute flights each , with my EFlite SE5a , wonderful flying enjoyment . I am useing my CX2 heli batterys , 800 mah , 2s .
The new EFlite Fokker DVII wheels have a wood disc inside the wheels to make them stronger , and with a powerful light , just rite , you can see it with the lighting holes , they weigh 5 grams , nice and light and stronger than the wheels that came stock on the SE5a which I broke the FIRST flight .
These new re-enforced light weight wheels will be on all of my 250 slow flyers .
I was doing a lot of touch and goes and rolling on the paved runway , with no affect on these new wheels from the Fokker DVII .
And oh yes , another improvement EFlite did with the Fokker DVII is that the firewall is closer to the front and already has the offset to the right built in , so just about any motor now can be bolted up , and no carbon tube needed .....thank goodness .
EFlite has improved these WW1 250 size slowflyers even more .

yes I left the Sopwith Pup at home and always take my SE5a along now