E-Flite Diamante 25e - Page 4 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Pattern aircraft Discuss electric powered pattern aircraft in here

E-Flite Diamante 25e

Old 07-09-2009, 06:23 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Thanks for the tips flyer88! I hope it holds together for you. Good idea on the extra ESC cooling. Looks like we both have the nice aluminum spinner
I have only opened the box to check contents and good 'ol e-flite has it all there and in great shape. Waiting for servos & a motor / ESC.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:29 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
It's a good flying plane for sure. My son loves his.
Sweet! I went through all prior posts in the thread to catch-up. I decided to pick one up right after I saw a fellow at the field with his. I was watching it just bomb around flat & level then some crisp rolls, inverted, etc. and I was thinking hey I can do that! I chatted with him a bit and he told me it takes very little input & stress on the pilot to do some cool tricks & relax. Looking forward to it
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
FuzzzMan

Originally Posted by flyer88 View Post
Great job on your plane, nice detail work !! I'll be seeing the Snowbirds in about two weeks in Airdrie Alberta at the airshow. .

Cheers
Glenn
Flyer88.... You in Airdrie???

I am planning on Seeing the snowbirds here in Airdrie aswell..
As for my Diamonte.. Ita all I fly now cuz I luv it!! eflite power 32 12x6.5 Prop and a zippy 4400mah 4s... however after reading these posts I may try reducing my prop size
Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
flyer88

Flyer88.... You in Airdrie???

No, I'm in Calgary. Going to the show on the 22nd in Airdrie with the family. Too funny !

Flyer88
Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Tracon

'

Hi Guys,

Maiden Flight was a total success !!!

Got out to our local field (High School Upper Field with Paved Running Track)

Around 7:30 pm this evening.

After checking, checking and re-checking I the placed the battery a little further back because I thought she looked a little nose heavy.

I connected everything and did a couple taxi tests, gave the rudder a couple of clicks so she would track straight and then walked her down the runway.

I then did a run-up test and she was ready to go...

I throttled up slowly and her tail wheel was up and in about 10' she was off the ground and climbing nicely at around 1/2 throttle.

I flew around for a bit and only needed to give her about one click of rudder to get her trimmed and dialed in.

I then did a few tests, rolls and an easy stall or two, everything went fine.

I then opened her up a little bit and did a few faster passes and then started my line up practice for getting used to landing.

After a bunch of passes, slowed it down and Beverly finished with the photo shoot I came in and did a nice three point landing with out a hitch.

I then changed batteries and sent her up again, I was getting a little bit of glitching from my rudder when pulling up on the elevator, but I think this has something to do with the way the antenna is kinda doing the igglysquiggly inside the fuse back to the tail.. (I need to clean that up a bit before I fly again).

I opened her up and tried out the high rates and all I can say is WOW !!!

The roll rate is AWESOME !!!

This is definitely my new favorite plane by far !!!

Thanks again for all your info here guys it really helped.

I'll be following the few of you who have propped down, this 13X6.5 is way too big and I need a bunch more speed...probably go down to an eleven something.

All the best,
Sam

For more pictures of my maiden flight please visit our website here:

Last edited by Tracon; 07-11-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:32 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Awesome!

We went to the filed last night as well and mason ran about three packs through his. He is really getting good at doing knife edges down the whol length of the field with it.

He also completed all the maneuvers for his Sport Pilot certification in our club!
Old 07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
FuzzzMan

Did not go so well gor me last night I took the Diamonte out dispite the weather and set my batterie WAY back... flew fine at 1/2 throtle but landing was a little ruff as she didn't want to point her nose down... I did some weird cartwheel and tore off the rudder and elivator.... went strait home threw it on the bench and guess what... she will fly again... already repaird and good to go with slitely bigger wheels to accomidate the dirt field we fly out of
Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Bummer, hate it when that happens... At least she was fixable! Glad to hear you were able to her back in shape.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Tracon

Sorry to hear about your bird Fuzzman...

Thanks for all the positive feed back guys !

This plane ROCKS !!!

Sam
Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 AM
FuzzzMan

[QUOTE=Tracon;620092]'

Hi Guys,

Maiden Flight was a total success !!!

Got out to our local field (High School Upper Field with Paved Running Track)

Around 7:30 pm this evening.

After checking, checking and re-checking the placed the battery a little further back because I thought she looked a little nose heavy.

I connected everything and did a couple taxi tests, gave the rudder a couple of clicks so she would track straight and then walked her down the runway.

I Luv the new Look... that bird is Awsome!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:42 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Wink

Well, it's finally done. Took me long enough! Hoping to give it a spin this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	done.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	108467  
Old 09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Awesome! Good luck! You'll really enjoy this one, they are good flying birds. Just be easy on the landings and you'll be fine.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Thumbs up

Woo-Hoo! I maidened the Diamante on Labor Day and had a blast. I need to fine-tune it abit before taking it up again, twitchy on the ailerons. It was a good flight though. Fortunately I had a smooth landing despite the crosswind at the time. Looking forward to next weekend.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:31 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Wink LG busted

After a smooth yet not-so-perfect landing the LG busted out. I had read and heard from the LHS owner that this is a well-known weakness in the fuse. It repaired easily tho, just needs the covering touched-up. I used 30 min. epoxy on a short piece of flat CF to join the LG halves. I don't know if it will help much hoping it reduces flex. Of course the underside of the wings are scoffed up, it doesn't bother me tho. One of the MN-48's stripped. I have ordered HS-225MG's to replace the aileron servos.

I have adjusted my throws, D/R, and expo to my liking and this is my favorite plane at this point since wrecking the Pulse.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	repair.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	112908   Click image for larger version

Name:	wing_scuffingA.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	112909   Click image for larger version

Name:	wing_scuffingB.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	112910   Click image for larger version

Name:	i_like_it_alot.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	112911  

Last edited by *rider; 11-06-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Well the repair was not-so-great. LG broke off again in the same spot. This time I'm going to dremel the whole area clean and fabricate a new light ply & CF underbelly and likely take the 1-piece LG off my wrecked Pulse, paint it black, and try that solution. Sucks to have this one out of service.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
soarbird
I crashed call the FAA

Default landing gear

I broke my landing gear twice also.The second time I installed a piece of 1/2 plywood mount. Well that gave out too. Eflite needs to redesign this fuse! So if you guys are having trouble with your gear may I suggest a wire gear that has a little give (springeness) to it.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

I am also a member of the broken gear club I haven't repaired it yet. When I do I'll post pics of the repairs. Other than the weak gear I like this plane.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Here's a video of a pretty good 3D guy flying mine .Sorry about the slightly out of focus [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KFvouVuOY&feature=channel[/media]
Old 02-21-2010, 12:19 AM
Dave E

Picked up a Diamante at Hodges today. Looks to be much better quality than my GP Sequence ( which I have yet to build).

Thanks to the info here I'll do a few mods to the gear first, then start the rest of the build.

I'll be using a Power 32, CC Ice Lite 75, Hyperion 4S 3300 35C packs and HiTec 5085 MG sevros. I'll post a few pics as progress allows.

Dave
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Nice, I think you have chosen a very high-quality gear package! I hope you enjoy the build and keep us updated

Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
Picked up a Diamante at Hodges today. Looks to be much better quality than my GP Sequence ( which I have yet to build).

Thanks to the info here I'll do a few mods to the gear first, then start the rest of the build.

I'll be using a Power 32, CC Ice Lite 75, Hyperion 4S 3300 35C packs and HiTec 5085 MG sevros. I'll post a few pics as progress allows.

Dave
Old 02-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Been flying mine on a E. F. Power 25 , E.F. 60A ESC , and a T.P. 3800ma 30 C 5 cell battery on a 11x7 E prop. Yep I said 5 cells. It's brought out the monster in that 25 motor and finally got the C G far enough forward without adding lead in the nose.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by Alpea42 View Post
Been flying mine on a E. F. Power 25 , E.F. 60A ESC , and a T.P. 3800ma 30 C 5 cell battery on a 11x7 E prop. Yep I said 5 cells. It's brought out the monster in that 25 motor and finally got the C G far enough forward without adding lead in the nose.
I have been flying mine on a Pulso 2826/12 with a 4S lipo. After reading your post I looked up the specs on my motor and it can handle 5S! Wow! I already thought this thing was a beast on 4S. 5S here we come!

*click*-That's the sound of the "Thanks" button!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Dave E

Nice, I think you have chosen a very high-quality gear package! I hope you enjoy the build and keep us updated
Thanks Rider. I'm just getting back into the electric stuff, and have a lot to re-learn. Fortunately, WattFlyer and RCG help make that task much easier.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to touch the Diamate this weekend. Maybe I can get a bit done later this evening.

Dave
Old 03-02-2010, 01:45 AM
*rider
Always Fixing Something

Welcome back to electric! I think you will really enjoy this model. IMHO it tracks very well, and the rudder has authority for decent knife edges. Also I like the roll rate on high-rates, minimal coupling. + you will have fast servos.

-Zeke

Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
Thanks Rider. I'm just getting back into the electric stuff, and have a lot to re-learn. Fortunately, WattFlyer and RCG help make that task much easier.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to touch the Diamate this weekend. Maybe I can get a bit done later this evening.

Dave
Old 03-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Dave E

Thanks Zeke.

I'm really looking forward to getting the Diamante going. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to work on it as I'm finishing up a wet project to clear the build table first. That project should be finished by the end of this coming weekend.

Planning on putting the tail servos inside the fuselage, just for looks. Yea, I may have to add an ounce or so to the tail but we'll see.

Dave

Quick Reply: E-Flite Diamante 25e

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10050 seconds with 15 queries