E-Flite Mini Pulse XT - Page 7 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 PM
SCC

Took the Mini Pulse out today for some sea air.

http://www.vimeo.com/608504
Old 01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by SCC View Post

Hey, no flying behind the flight line!

Just kidding. That is some really nice flying scc! I have to get one of those for my hangar. Thought I was getting one for Christmas, but my wife and kids surpised me with a 48" Gee Bee Model Y instead. I was not too disappointed
Old 01-15-2008, 01:07 AM
HeadMaster

Nice ....shows the tame side of this great little plane
Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 PM
SCC

Thanks Guys.
Doug. Don't wait until next Xmas I have just looked up the Gee Bee, do you have the Red or Yellow.?
Old 01-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Thanks Guys.
Doug. Don't wait until next Xmas I have just looked up the Gee Bee, do you have the Red or Yellow.?
It's the red one from Hobby Lobby: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/minigeebee.htm

I should have it ready to fly this weekend.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Osama Futaba

Default Onboard Cam for the Pulse

I watched the vid of the pulse with the 480 in it and it scared the heck out of me! I am a "realistic" flyer with no desire to go 3D so I got the ARF and put the 450 in it. IT FLIES GREAT! A lot different than the HB Supercub. Does anybody know of a really good onboard camera? I guess I could look around the posts...
A lot of people are asking me about a good starter plane and I think I would recommend the Trojan T-28 over the cub. I like the fact that it has ailerons. What do you all think?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by Osama Futaba View Post
I watched the vid of the pulse with the 480 in it and it scared the heck out of me! I am a "realistic" flyer with no desire to go 3D so I got the ARF and put the 450 in it. IT FLIES GREAT! A lot different than the HB Supercub. Does anybody know of a really good onboard camera? I guess I could look around the posts...
A lot of people are asking me about a good starter plane and I think I would recommend the Trojan T-28 over the cub. I like the fact that it has ailerons. What do you all think?
Onboard camera: FlyCamOne at Hobby-lobby.com

Starter plane: Super Cub. Some people will be able to fly an aileron plane from the start (and the T-28 is a great one), but for every one person that can, three cannot and will end up destroying an expensive airplane and possibly leaving the hobby in frustration.

I have never heard of anyone that has regretted starting with the SC, myself included. Unless they are really bad and end up destroying whatever they start with. But that person would not have had better success with ailerons. I say recommend the SC.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
HeadMaster

I plan on flying mine this weekend for the first time....Set up by the book for the most part with a park 450. I added 20% expo on both high and low rate...is that a good ideal ?....do need more or less or none at all?

I also have the flapperon functions set up....3 positions are ...30% spoiler , normal , 30% flap...any thoughts on that? I plan on staying in normal mode for the first few flights.

Prop will be a 10x7e
Old 02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
busboy

you should be fine with those settings. I have never tried using flaps. This plane loves to float across the runway, use a nice long approach until to get used to it.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
SCC

Headmaster.
I personally do not use any expo on my MP. I tried it once and did not like the feel at all.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:28 AM
HeadMaster

Headmaster.
I personally do not use any expo on my MP. I tried it once and did not like the feel at all.
I may try it without expo and see...Ive never used expo on any of my other planes including my MUS. Do you use full rates?

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

I see a lot of folks don't use Expo. I guess I'm weird. I have a tendency when turning to allow my thumb to drift south rather than going straight across to the west or east. The expo allows me to do that without the elevator going up. I guess if I had better thumb control, I could get away with it. I'm just happy my Optic 6 has that capability.

Frank
Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 AM
HeadMaster

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I see a lot of folks don't use Expo. I guess I'm weird. I have a tendency when turning to allow my thumb to drift south rather than going straight across to the west or east. The expo allows me to do that without the elevator going up. I guess if I had better thumb control, I could get away with it. I'm just happy my Optic 6 has that capability.

Frank
Frank, I will be deffinently using expo on my MUS when I get it back in the air. Ill try the MP both ways to see what I like. i usually dont have a problem with the stick drift ....but I do have the tension pretty tight compared to most folks.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:59 AM
BladeRunner

Hi All,

At the moment I use 30% expo on ailerons and elevator and about 50% travel on low rates. When I started learning helis, all the experienced pilots told me to use expo at the start and progressively reduce it, which I did over a month or so.
When I started flying planes, I didn't put any expo on my nitro trainer but (as my second plane) I wasn't sure how "quick" the MPXT was going to be so I added some just in case. With my current setup it flies like a trainer (actually it's probably even easier than the trainer) so I guess I'll start removing the expo and increasing the servo throws. I've done about 15 flights on it so far.
Setup is Park 450, 45 amp ESC (in case I upgrade to the 480), HS65HBs, 3s 2200 packs.
I replaced the main wheels with 2 1/2 inch Dubro Super Lights and use nylon bolts on the undercarriage - sorry landing gear. (I'm Australian).
I'm having lots of trouble breaking the nylon bolts even on smooth, slow landings. Our field is in a swamp and the "grass" (if you could call it that) is very tough. If it catches on the vegetation during the landing roll, it rips off the wheels. So I think I might consider reinforcing it and using steel bolts.
But it's a great plane!

Cheers,
Paul.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by HeadMaster View Post
Frank, I will be deffinently using expo on my MUS when I get it back in the air. Ill try the MP both ways to see what I like. i usually dont have a problem with the stick drift ....but I do have the tension pretty tight compared to most folks.
I'd like to increase the tension on my throttle stick, just never have gotten around to it.

What Tx do you have? Was it easy to do?

Frank
Old 02-14-2008, 06:18 AM
HeadMaster

I'd like to increase the tension on my throttle stick, just never have gotten around to it.

What Tx do you have? Was it easy to do?

Frank
I have a DX7....very easy to adjust....just take the back cover off and there is a screw for each axis to adjust tension. Your manual should show you how to adjust yours
Old 02-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Thanks for the info. I've been a little nervous about popping the back cover off of my Optic 6. When I first bought it, I posted questions about that, but there was no one that ever did it so I was hesitant on trying it.

Thanks again,

Frank
Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 AM
HeadMaster

Thanks for the info. I've been a little nervous about popping the back cover off of my Optic 6. When I first bought it, I posted questions about that, but there was no one that ever did it so I was hesitant on trying it.

Thanks again,

Frank
Looks like the optic 6 only has 2 screws to adjust....one for the left stick and one for the right stick....shouldnt be hard to adjust at all.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:55 AM
HeadMaster

Just got back from my maiden flight of my MP. Ive got to say it was a very uneventful maiden ....took off...trimmed it out and it flew great...30% flap on landing and she floated right in. A very easy and tame plane to fly with the 450.

I actually found myself wanting more ailerion so I flew the next couple of flights at 100% throw and no expo on the ailerons....I still want more as rolls are very slow...slower than my Wing Dragon. Ill work on that tonight.

Other than that the plane is a great flyer....I can see me putting the 480 in it very soon as it is just too tame.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:00 AM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Wonderful. Glad to hear it! Those are always the best kind of maidens -uneventful and leaving you want to do more vs. wishing you would have done something different and picking up balsa sticks.

Good job!

Frank

PS I don't recall anyone having a bad maiden with the MP XT.

Frank
Old 02-16-2008, 03:28 AM
HeadMaster

PS I don't recall anyone having a bad maiden with the MP XT.

Frank
Very true...its a great second plane IMO. Much more tame than the MUS.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:14 AM
HeadMaster

Played with the MP some more today. I moved the control rods on the ailerons form the outer most hole to the inner most hole hoping to get more aileron response....it worked ...but it was too twitchy for me then ...I dialed in 25% expo and 75% throw on low rate and it flew like it did the day before. I left 100% and no expo on high rate...I get some good quick rolls on high now if I want to do some.

I played with the flaperons some more. 30% flap slowed the plan down but it floated way too much so I decided to try 30% spoilers....much better...slowed the plane down but much less floaty....plane settles right down nicely on landings.

It was a beautiful day to fly in North Ga.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Thanks Guys.
Christmas has come a little early! I just picked up a slightly used MPXT on eBay

It's the PNP version so I'll stick with stock power for now. I've ordered a 6-channel Rx for it so I can program in spoilerons. Any other suggestions for quick and easy mods? I think I remember reading something about landing gear reinforcement on here...
Old 03-20-2008, 12:38 AM
HeadMaster

Originally Posted by Fly Time View Post
Christmas has come a little early! I just picked up a slightly used MPXT on eBay

It's the PNP version so I'll stick with stock power for now. I've ordered a 6-channel Rx for it so I can program in spoilerons. Any other suggestions for quick and easy mods? I think I remember reading something about landing gear reinforcement on here...
Im using a 1/8 inch piece of ply as support for the gear. I just cut out a square piece and drilled a couple of hole and then bolted it on right over the gear with the stock screws. I have had one landing that was hard enough to bend the gear but no other damage was done.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
SCC

Hi Doug
Good to hear you have the MPXT.
I have been flying mine a lot recently. Unfortunately the field i have been flying at is not good for the u/c. ripped out twice even with some reinforcement, so i have been hand launching and belly flopping it.

I will go for the nylon bolt mod. The idea is the bolts shear before the fuse gets torn apart.

With or without U/C it's still a great plane to fly.

Quick Reply: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15038 seconds with 10 queries