E-Flite Mini Pulse XT - Page 6 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Old 10-03-2007, 07:33 PM
ARTP47

Newjak thanks well check tonight.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 AM
fr0g_D

Default I have to exact same problem as ARTP47.....

Originally Posted by newjak View Post
Checkyour tail wheel to make sure that it is straight. I had a similar problem. I had to pull my tail gear a bit forward and made sure it was vertical as well...problem solved. Hope this helps
First attempt at a maiden today it got squirrelly on me and I did bend the gear when it nosed in off the end of the runway. OOPS I did however, manage to get her airborne and man what a h00t! This little plane stock PNP with the "weak" 450 is a beauty to fly, loops, rolls and knife edge so far. Aside from the ground handling the only concern I have is attempting rudder turns and successfully attempting knife edge for the first time I noticed a buzzing noise. I think its some sort of "rudder flutter" or something. What should I do about this flutter if anything?

I have all of the throws set to the recommended low rate settings.

TIA

fr0g
Old 10-07-2007, 05:46 PM
bertsirkin

I just picked up a Mini Pulse XT. I bought the PNP version (not the ARF). It came with an addendum (see below). I'm fairly new to RC and don't understand why E-Flite would include an ESC/BEC (EFLA7310 - 22amp) that wouldn't handle the 4 servos that come preinstalled in the PNP version of this plane! (BTW, I'm using an Spektrum AR7000 receiver)

If I don't want to have to use a separate battery for the receiver and servos, does this mean I have to buy a larger capacity ESC? Why would they include an ESC/BEC that couldn't handle the power requirements of this plane?

Appreciate some insight!

Thanks,
Bert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	addendum.gif
Views:	392
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	43624  
Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
guest001
On Hiatus

I'm guessing, but the stock setup should be fine unless it's very hot where you are and you run flat out. I had a PNP MUS and never encountered this problem and the box had the same warning note included. I got rid of the MUS before it got rid of me (too much plane for me to fly).
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 AM
bertsirkin

Originally Posted by Dave Matison View Post
I'm guessing, but the stock setup should be fine unless it's very hot where you are and you run flat out. I had a PNP MUS and never encountered this problem and the box had the same warning note included. I got rid of the MUS before it got rid of me (too much plane for me to fly).
Dave,

It's a bizare note to include with a PNP. I'll give it a try as is.

Thanks,
Bert
Old 10-08-2007, 01:30 AM
guest001
On Hiatus

Yes, it's odd, but that company can do some odd things!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:07 AM
dmgcm

Just upgraded the engine to the eFlite 480, omg what a shocker of a difference. I know others have said this on the forum, but the MPXT with this 480 just rocks.

I was flying in between 1/4 and 1/2 stick and this puppy was screaming past, and doing vertical climbing rolls with such ease, knife edge was spectacular. The wind was around 16mph to 18mph on the island today, but this baby just cut through it like butter.

Best part is that she can be slow and sedate, or wild, fast but still smooth.

Even the landings where so much nicer than with the 450 motor.

Best upgrade i have ever done

Dmac
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 AM
HeadMaster

I just picked up a PNP MP on Ebay for $125. That included 3 1500 mAh 20c lipos......what a sweet deal. Should be here in a few days....cant wait to join the fun
Old 11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Captain Ken

Default First impressions

Just had my second and third flight with the MPXT. At lowest throttle it wants to move on the ground. I can't figure out how to slow it down. If it's sitting in grass it won't move too fast but on pavement it does. It was a little touchy in the air, and it snap rolled while I was trimming it out. I can fix with low rates on. It settles in VERY nice on approach. Another MPXT owner at my club just converted his to nitro, putting in an O.S. .15. Why, I don't know... it flew well despite being tail heavy.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Doc Austin
Team Extreme Flight

Check this out. It's everything we know from testing and abusing the Mini Ultra Stick for two years.

http://www.adchobbystore.com/SecretsoftheMUS-review.htm
Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by dmgcm View Post
Just upgraded the engine to the eFlite 480, omg what a shocker of a difference. I know others have said this on the forum, but the MPXT with this 480 just rocks.
I'm thinking that the Mini Pulse XT is going in my hangar soon. I'll probably just upgrade to the Park 480 from the start, but I'm curious as to which 480 is best. E-Flite has two: 910kv and 1020kv.

What are you guys that have already upgraded using?

And what differrences are there between the two 480's? I'm assuming the 1020 turns a faster prop and draws a little more power, but I'm not sure how the two compare in terms of actual performance in a plane like the Mini Pulse.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:38 AM
bertsirkin

Originally Posted by D Payne View Post
I'm thinking that the Mini Pulse XT is going in my hangar soon. I'll probably just upgrade to the Park 480 from the start, but I'm curious as to which 480 is best. E-Flite has two: 910kv and 1020kv.

What are you guys that have already upgraded using?

And what differrences are there between the two 480's? I'm assuming the 1020 turns a faster prop and draws a little more power, but I'm not sure how the two compare in terms of actual performance in a plane like the Mini Pulse.
FWIW, I got the PNP and have been flying the stock 450 and it's pretty fast. I ordered the 1020kv 480 along with a new ESC (haven't got it yet) and after flying today, wonder WHY I'm upgrading! If you ordered the PNP, try it with the 450 first. If you ordered the ARF, well, I guess I'd get the 480 also. As for the 1020 vs 910kv - somebody else can probably answer that better than I - I ordered the 1020 because it seemed like that was the more popular motor based on forum postings I read. (very scientific reasoning ).

bert
Old 12-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by bertsirkin View Post
FWIW, I got the PNP and have been flying the stock 450 and it's pretty fast. I ordered the 1020kv 480 along with a new ESC (haven't got it yet) and after flying today, wonder WHY I'm upgrading! If you ordered the PNP, try it with the 450 first. If you ordered the ARF, well, I guess I'd get the 480 also. As for the 1020 vs 910kv - somebody else can probably answer that better than I - I ordered the 1020 because it seemed like that was the more popular motor based on forum postings I read. (very scientific reasoning ).

bert
I'll look forward to your flight report.

Anyone using the 910?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Osama Futaba

Default 910?

I think the 910 is more for 3D. Not sure though. We use them for fans here in Afghanistan. I just bought a PNP pulse and I am getting a lot of motor noise at half throttle. My friends is doing the same thing. I wish I had the funds to buy the ARF and get the 480. I shall save my pennies. Has anyone else had this with their 450? Why do they make a second rate E-flite 450 outrunner? I'm going back to my brushed 380 from the cub!
Old 12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Osama Futaba

Default Rimfire

Has anyone tried the rimfire motor - 28-30-1250? It looks comparable to the 480 and is cheaper. I will take a look at the motors section in Wattflyer and see what they have to say about it (I am new to this forum).
Old 12-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Welcome Osama. Like your sense of humor. You'll fit right in here!

I've got the MPXT at the top of my xmas list. Hope Santa doesn't screw up and get me the PNP. Bah humbug! I definately want the 480 in mine!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Osama Futaba

Default 480

Yes, from everything I have read, the 480 is the way to go. The 450 still cruises along pretty well (as I mentioned, my friend has one) for the "regular" flying. I wouldn't try 3D on it though. I am kind of a landing fanatic. There is nothing better in flying than having a beautiful landing and I'm gonna tell ya, there ain't no better than this. This plane comes in dead stick and floats down to the runway. It's a beautiful thing. Today I am going to buy a new ESC that will handle the 480. I am looking at the Castle Creations SS-25. Well, I hope Santa doesn't fly your plane on his way to your house.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:30 PM
busboy

Default One Strong Plane

I moved up to the Mini-Pulse from a SuperCub and have been flying it since the end of August. It was an ARF and I put the 450 in it and fly it with a DX6. It has crashed twice rather hard. Once when an Aileron servo striped and it went into some trees and bushes. Cracked a few wing ribs but when I opened the covering the pieces were big so I just glued them back together like a jigsaw puzzle. The next crash happened as I was lining up to land. My elevator servo extension came un-pluged and I nosed it in three inches into the ground. The cowl was a bit mushed but the lipo came through and pushed out the firewall. I hand made a new firewall and it is still flying great. Oh ya, I sheared off the landing gear once too, but it all glued back together. I have to remeber not to give it flair until I am closer to the runway
Old 12-16-2007, 02:05 PM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Originally Posted by Osama Futaba View Post
I think the 910 is more for 3D. Not sure though. We use them for fans here in Afghanistan. I just bought a PNP pulse and I am getting a lot of motor noise at half throttle. My friends is doing the same thing. I wish I had the funds to buy the ARF and get the 480. I shall save my pennies. Has anyone else had this with their 450? Why do they make a second rate E-flite 450 outrunner? I'm going back to my brushed 380 from the cub!
I have three Eflite motors, the 450, the 480 and a Power 25. All are excellent motors, no "noise" out of any of them. The are pretty resilient too, I used the 450 in my full contact combat plane (after my MPXT vaporized) :o(too low, too slow, too windy) and have only had to replace the shaft once, the motor itself has held up quite well. More than I can say for the Chinese knock-offs I have of comparable size and power. (I will be replacing my MPXT soon).
Old 12-16-2007, 03:39 PM
busboy

Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
I have three Eflite motors, the 450, the 480 and a Power 25. All are excellent motors, no "noise" out of any of them. The are pretty resilient too, I used the 450 in my full contact combat plane (after my MPXT vaporized) :o(too low, too slow, too windy) and have only had to replace the shaft once, the motor itself has held up quite well. More than I can say for the Chinese knock-offs I have of comparable size and power. (I will be replacing my MPXT soon).
The 450 that was in my MPXT when it nosed in has some noise while running. I know how to remove the shaft and did so, and determined that the front bearing needs to be replaced. How do I remove the bearing?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:47 PM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Originally Posted by busboy View Post
The 450 that was in my MPXT when it nosed in has some noise while running. I know how to remove the shaft and did so, and determined that the front bearing needs to be replaced. How do I remove the bearing?
Dril a hole in a block of 2 X 4 just slightly larger than the bearing to be replaced and place the motor (bad bearing side down) over the hole. Use a piece of rod (smaller than the shaft dia.) or small screwdriver and a hammer through the back bearing to tap it out. Replacing it is simply a matter of turing the motor over and tapping the new bearing in. I'm assuming of course that you have the stator removed from the case.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:15 AM
Osama Futaba

Default ESC - Which one?

Okay, I have decided to take the pulse back to the LHS because of the motor noise. It seems that a magnet is loose. I am going with the 480 due to motor mounting compatability and a 40 amp ESC. They make many different ESC's and I like them with a switch mount. I also like the sound or mini cuts to the throttle when you are about to lose the battery. Is there a preferred ESC?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:34 PM
panzerd18

How are spins and blenders/Panics with the Mini pulse?
Old 12-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Originally Posted by Osama Futaba View Post
Okay, I have decided to take the pulse back to the LHS because of the motor noise. It seems that a magnet is loose. I am going with the 480 due to motor mounting compatability and a 40 amp ESC. They make many different ESC's and I like them with a switch mount. I also like the sound or mini cuts to the throttle when you are about to lose the battery. Is there a preferred ESC?
I prefer Castle Creations ESCs over anything else. I'd go with the T-Bird 36 and call it good.

Frank
Old 12-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Osama Futaba

Originally Posted by panzerd18 View Post
How are spins and blenders/Panics with the Mini pulse?
Not sure yet but I can't wait to find out (very high in the air).

Quick Reply: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10225 seconds with 12 queries