E-Flite Mini Pulse XT - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 PM
windshadow

Originally Posted by MountainFlyer View Post
I agree I'm really starting to like the Mini Pulse its one of those planes that doesn't seem to have any bad habits. Amazing not to see more people talking about it. I love its low stall speed .. makes landing a joy. I haven't damaged the landing gear support yet .. I may build an extra brace for it like i did for my Mini Funtana i never broke the landing gear off on the Mini Funtana and had many many hard landings with it ( it was an inherent problem with its design as well and with out reinforcement would rip the LG out of the fuse on a hard landing)
Not hard to make .. just an extra piece of ply between the fuse and LG heres a pic of the one on my Funtana .. looks too simple to work but i found it to be 100% effective

Attachment 19296 Attachment 19297
that looks like a great ideal . I just ordered a mini pulse pnp my self. when it gets here I may do that modification to her. I am new to all this stuff .I am flying an electri star at the moment and also just picked up a foamie supper piper cub which I will get in the air next week . thanks for the posting this modification.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Piperfan

Sounds like your CG is not correct. If your CG is correct this plane should not stall badly. Make sure your battery is held in place with velcro on the base and with a strap around it. If it shifts you will have problems. It you have your battery secured well, check your CG against what the manual says.

Originally Posted by jkelsch View Post
I have the Mini Pulse and it seems to fly well, but I am starting to hate it because it seems to stall and snap roll to the left real easy. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have to land this plane really fast otherwise it stalls.

Will the flapperons help me be able to land slower? Also, how do I use them in flight. I configured my radio to have flapperons, but I don't know how and when to use them during flight. I really don't know exactly what the flaps will do for me.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 02:19 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

I just got back in the house after the maiden of my Mini Pulse XT.

Oh my God, I LOVE THIS PLANE!!!

On low rates and half throttle, it just flies around beautifully. Just as docile as my HZ Super Cub. I set everything by the book and didn't even have to trim anything (honest!). On high rates, it can do anything I can do, which admittedly isn't all that much - loops, rolls, stall turns, that's it so far. When I go full throttle, it's FAST (for me anyway). Also, I set mine up with flaperons and had to take off the landing gear (I'm flying in a rather overgrown field). When it came time to land, I hit the "flaps", cut the throttle and it just floated in nice and slow and settled into the grass like I set it down by hand. Incredible! I would recommend this plane to anyone as a second plane. It just became my favorite by far.

Did I mention that I love this plane?

Last edited by gsk11740; 03-04-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

gsk, I now know what you mean. I finally broke down and bought a Mini Pulse. (actually I had to buy 2. I was maidening the first one when the elevator stopped working. When I went out to the crash I found that I did not put the screw in the elevator control arm and it came off in flight).

Anyway, I can now speak from experience on the MUS and the Pulse. The MUS will out fly the Pulse in precision of maneuvers but the Pulse is still a blast to fly. The Pulse is somewhat easier to fly but the difference is minor. They are both stable planes and a joy to fly. For an all around sport plane, my vote is for the Pulse but only because of the scale appearance.

Just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of the rest of the universe.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

I think I'm going to have a shot at my MUS again. I had a particularly disastrous maiden six months back or so with the MUS and sort of gave up on it after that. I got a replacement fuse but gutted the electronics to use in the Mini Pulse. I have a Goldberg Husky that I've flown a few times now. The Husky is fast and squirrelly and personally, I think if I can fly the Husky, the MUS should be easy. I think I might put a 480 in the Mini Pulse, just for giggles and stick the 450 back in the MUS. I'm going to cut the ailerons on the MUS for flaps too. I've decided I really like having flaps for landing in the field out back. It makes dropping a plane in the tall grass a lot easier.

You're right though. The MUS can't beat the Mini Pulse for looks.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:40 AM
mpotter187

[quote=Solid Hit;166751]gsk, I now know what you mean. I finally broke down and bought a Mini Pulse. (actually I had to buy 2. I was maidening the first one when the elevator stopped working. When I went out to the crash I found that I did not put the screw in the elevator control arm and it came off in flight).

Anyway, I can now speak from experience on the MUS and the Pulse. The MUS will out fly the Pulse in precision of maneuvers but the Pulse is still a blast to fly. The Pulse is somewhat easier to fly but the difference is minor. They are both stable planes and a joy to fly. For an all around sport plane, my vote is for the Pulse but only because of the scale appearance.

Just my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of the rest of the universe.[/quote}

Screw in the control arm?? I am assuming you mean the servo horn, or the connector? Not the horn in the elevator I hope, I saw no mention of any screws in the elevator in the manual , just on the servo horn and for the linkage. Let me know, I got a Mini Pulse ready to maiden as soon as the weather breaks. I don't want to destroy it like I did my Mini Ultra Stick, but that wasn't my fault that tree jumped a good 10 feet out of nowhere to rip it apart.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:29 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

Yup, the servo control arm. Just simply forgot. I managed to get less then a minute of flight when I lost the elevator from about 50' up. At first I thought I was having radio problems but nope just some carelessness.

If a rudder or an aileron gives out you have a shot at getting it down by using the other control but not so with the elevator. When that goes, it's all over but the crying.

Isn't it funny about trees? They can stay in one place for years until they jump out in front of an rc plane.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
mpotter187

Originally Posted by Solid Hit View Post
Yup, the servo control arm. Just simply forgot. I managed to get less then a minute of flight when I lost the elevator from about 50' up. At first I thought I was having radio problems but nope just some carelessness.

If a rudder or an aileron gives out you have a shot at getting it down by using the other control but not so with the elevator. When that goes, it's all over but the crying.

Isn't it funny about trees? They can stay in one place for years until they jump out in front of an rc plane.
After reading that I doubled checked all the fastners on the mini pulse since I was planning to maiden it today. Thanks one of the mini EZ connectors may have been slightly loose, so it may have saved the plane. Unfortunatly it started to rain right when work was done and so I will take it up sun.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 PM
UncleBob
Still Flying G3 ...

My brother has a Mini-Pulse PnP on backorder and is considering a Mini-FuntanaX instead. Any words of wisdom on that one? Things to consider etc?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

I looked hard at the X but in the end went with the Pulse since I already had the Reactor. It is a fun little plane and a lot of fun to fly. The only problem I've had with it is landing. It glides forever!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:56 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

The only problem I've had with it is landing. It glides forever!
Spoilerons. Gliders use them. I'm going to try them on mine. I'll let you know how they work.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

That was my other thought Gary, let me know how it works. I was showing off for some friends today and flew it out of my place. Landing is a problem due to space but I was silly enough to put it up anyway.

I took it around 3 times then finally committed to a landing. Shouldn't have. It went forever and it was too late to pull it back up due to trees and ended up hitting my car right at the side view mirror. I got a little bump on the car and a scuff on the spinner but that was all - thank goodness.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:21 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

That was my other thought Gary, let me know how it works. I was showing off for some friends today and flew it out of my place. Landing is a problem due to space but I was silly enough to put it up anyway.

I took it around 3 times then finally committed to a landing. Shouldn't have. It went forever and it was too late to pull it back up due to trees and ended up hitting my car right at the side view mirror. I got a little bump on the car and a scuff on the spinner but that was all - thank goodness.
I'll have to get some time to sit down and figure out how to program my DX6 so the ailerons go up for spoilers instead of down. The manual doesn't really explain how to program either so I've had to figure it out on my own. I finally decided to put the Husky away before I either go crazy trying to sort it out or plow it into the ground (by accident or on purpose) so I should have more time to sort out the MP and work on my other planes.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

OK, tried the spoilerons on the MP twice this morning. Spoilerons are the way to go on this plane. It didn't drop fast but the speed came off and it settled right down rather than float across the field.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:31 AM
windshadow

well mine came in today I will get her in the air on suday I think if all goese as planed
Old 04-13-2007, 02:25 AM
W4STP

I made the first flight on my mini pulse xt this morning and all i can say is sweet it's a keeper!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:27 AM
UncleBob
Still Flying G3 ...

Originally Posted by gsk11740 View Post
OK, tried the spoilerons on the MP twice this morning. Spoilerons are the way to go on this plane. It didn't drop fast but the speed came off and it settled right down rather than float across the field.
How much travel did you put on the spoiler function?
Old 04-13-2007, 02:44 AM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
How much travel did you put on the spoiler function?
I put it at 100%. Some might say it's overkill but it seems to work well. The ailerons aren't that big on this plane and even at full throw, they don't stick up that much as spoilerons. When I hit the switch, the plane doesn't slow down all that much or drop that fast but it is noticeable. Sure keeps it from floating across the field though.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:07 AM
ORD2FRA

Default Pulse Setup?

I'm just like you... crashed a Mini Ultra Stick after flying a Super Cub for months... too hot for me right now.

What motor and battery are you running? I think one of my problems with the MUS was that I was using a Park 480 and a TP 2100 3S, which made it quite heavy. I am thinking a Park 450 and a 1700 battery for the Pulse should be better and less weight (and more importantly, less loading).
Old 04-21-2007, 04:22 AM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

Originally Posted by ORD2FRA View Post
I'm just like you... crashed a Mini Ultra Stick after flying a Super Cub for months... too hot for me right now.

What motor and battery are you running? I think one of my problems with the MUS was that I was using a Park 480 and a TP 2100 3S, which made it quite heavy. I am thinking a Park 450 and a 1700 battery for the Pulse should be better and less weight (and more importantly, less loading).
I was using the 450 from my MUS but I switched it back and now I have to get another motor for the Mini Pulse. I was going to do the 480 but now that I have the MUS flying again, I'm rethinking the 480 for the Mini Pulse. I'm just not sure I want "ballistic" performance. I sort of enjoyed the more relaxing pace I got with the 450 and the batteries seemed to last forever. Also, I don't have a really big field to fly in (maybe 10 acres) and even with the 450, the Mini Pulse made that field seem small. The 480 might get me in trouble. By the way, I use TP 2100's in both and they balance and fly fine.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 AM
ORD2FRA

Originally Posted by gsk11740 View Post
I was using the 450 from my MUS but I switched it back and now I have to get another motor for the Mini Pulse. I was going to do the 480 but now that I have the MUS flying again, I'm rethinking the 480 for the Mini Pulse. I'm just not sure I want "ballistic" performance. I sort of enjoyed the more relaxing pace I got with the 450 and the batteries seemed to last forever. Also, I don't have a really big field to fly in (maybe 10 acres) and even with the 450, the Mini Pulse made that field seem small. The 480 might get me in trouble. By the way, I use TP 2100's in both and they balance and fly fine.
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. I think the MUS was too heavy with a 480 and 2100. I'll be getting the Pulse with a 450, and a 1700 Lipo to start. I'm rebuilding the MUS with the same setup.

I am so gun-shy right now... I have crashed three planes in 4 days. (one was structural failure). Need a light, easy airplane to get back in the game.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

I'm using an A22/15 in my Pulse which is in line with the 480. Takeoff happens in about 10' with no headwind.

My theory is that you can always throttle back but you can't throttle forward to power that isn't there. (Besides ... I already had the motor ).
Old 04-23-2007, 05:01 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

I'm using an A22/15 in my Pulse which is in line with the 480. Takeoff happens in about 10' with no headwind.

My theory is that you can always throttle back but you can't throttle forward to power that isn't there. (Besides ... I already had the motor ).
I sort of have to agree with that logic. One of my more favorite sayings is: "Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". I'm still trying to figure out all this motor size stuff. What exactly is a "A22/15", who makes it and where can one buy it? Someone else suggested a "35-30" something. I just don't get this.

I'll probably go get a 450 anyway since I found a gift certificate for the LHS that I forgot I had. Hard to beat "free".

Last edited by gsk11740; 04-23-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Solid Hit
Just call me ... Bill

Free is a good thing! Those are China outrunners: http://www.glidescoperc.com/a2brouelmo.html They can be had in the $35-40 range and are excellent motors especially for the cost.

The first 2 numbers represent the size of the stator, the second 2 pertain to the magnet and the third (as in the AXI 2808/24 is the amount of turns of wire that goes into the motor).
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM
gsk11740
I'm outta here!

Well, my Mini pulse now has a new 480 under the cowl! I finally caved in to my "evil side" and went with the bigger motor. Now, if the #@$&%! wind would just die down a bit...

I did bench test it and it pulls way harder than it did with the 450 and same prop. I'm using a MA10x7E (all I have now) but have some 10x8E's on order and might even try an 11x8E but I'll wait to get a watt meter before I go that far.

Quick Reply: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15155 seconds with 11 queries