Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Battery configuration for Eflite 160

Old 10-18-2022, 04:14 PM
cap2000

Default Battery configuration for Eflite 160

I am building BUSA 1/4 scale Fokker D VIII and am going to try electric on this model. I have looked at the efilte 160 motor which is equivalent to a 30cc gas motor. My question is the 160 calls for 9s or 10s batterys and I would like to know what you guys are using with this motor. The Spectrum smart chargers I believe only charge up to 6s.
Any help would be appriciated.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:02 PM
quorneng
Super Contributor

cap2000
You don't have to use a 'one piece' 9 or 10s battery. Provided they are of the same type & capacity you can use two batteries wired (6 & 3 or 6 & 4) in series. They can be charged individually.
"...going to try electric..". Unless you have some electric experience it will be quite an advanced and powerful set up. With such big electric components if things go wrong it can become quite serious. .
Old 10-19-2022, 06:56 PM
cap2000

Thank you for your reply. I do have some electrical experience but not with a 160 the largest I have owned is 400 size. It looks like I will run to 5s or 6s packs in series.