NEW High performance battery for Blade mCX / Vapor - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

NEW High performance battery for Blade mCX / Vapor

Old 01-07-2009, 06:18 AM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Default NEW High performance battery for Blade mCX / Vapor

Vampowerpro is pleased to introduce our latest battery. It is a high performance upgrade for the Blade mCX or E-flite Vapor.

At 130mAh it is a larger capacity pack, yet the same physical size and weight (at least as close as my gram scale could weigh).

People who have been running this battery on the Blade mCX report a noticeable power increase, 3-4 minute longer flight times and more consistent power throughout the flight. In the Vapor, I've heard of 20+ minute flight times!

One quote from a mCX customer "When I'm hovering near the ceiling and cut the power, about half way down I go to full. With the stock battery it bounces off the floor, while with the Vampower battery it actually recovers before hitting." -Scott : Navarre, FL

Another quote "The Vapor is a great flying plane, but when I put your battery in it became awesome! It can actually almost hover!" -Dan : Eastlake, OH

You can get this new battery at www.vampowerpro.com

Regular price will be $12.99, but we have an introductory special of only $10.00!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:07 PM
zirconx
RC Flyer

Just ordered one. Very reasonable price and shipping charge ($2), I appreciate that.

I have not been happy with the performance of my MCX, after about 3-4 minutes of flight, if I go full throttle the heli just spins. Pushing the opposite way on the "rudder" stick does not help.

Hopefully this new battery will help.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile Spammer

No discussion here, just advertising.

Originally Posted by VamPower View Post
Vampowerpro is pleased to introduce our latest battery. It is a high performance upgrade for the Blade mCX or E-flite Vapor.

At 130mAh it is a larger capacity pack, yet the same physical size and weight (at least as close as my gram scale could weigh).

People who have been running this battery on the Blade mCX report a noticeable power increase, 3-4 minute longer flight times and more consistent power throughout the flight. In the Vapor, I've heard of 20+ minute flight times!

One quote from a mCX customer "When I'm hovering near the ceiling and cut the power, about half way down I go to full. With the stock battery it bounces off the floor, while with the Vampower battery it actually recovers before hitting." -Scott : Navarre, FL

Another quote "The Vapor is a great flying plane, but when I put your battery in it became awesome! It can actually almost hover!" -Dan : Eastlake, OH

You can get this new battery at www.vampowerpro.com

Regular price will be $12.99, but we have an introductory special of only $10.00!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
No discussion here, just advertising.
Gohmer,

As I interpret the Terms Of Service, I see no spamming and no problem with the post. From our TOS:

POSTING ADVERTISEMENTS:
This is a forum of ideas and discussions. We do not wish to have the readers of the forums overwhelmed with advertisements but realize that posting announcements or interesting new product information is information our members want. To balance this need for information and the need to prevent spamming of ads in our forums, we will allow the following to be posted:
  • Any vendor/company may post one announcement with product information or news no more than once every week (7 day minimum between announcements)
  • Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread
  • Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.
  • "Build Threads" are permitted
  • No graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, market research or pertinent news strictly.
  • No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers
  • Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts.
  • Companies may answer within ongoing threads whether providing direct answers to questions about their products & support or adding pertinent product information such as specs, photos, videos, inventory status for example.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Originally Posted by gfdengine204 View Post
As I interpret the Terms Of Service, I see no spamming and no problem with the post. From our TOS:
Thank you for the support. Saved me from having to go searching through the TOS. I didn't know the exact wording, but I knew there shouldn't be a problem putting up 1 post about a new product.

We have actually come out with about 200 new products in the last 3 months (been VERY busy), but I only post a message here if it is something that I believe the members will directly benefit from knowing.

There is not much competition for this battery yet, and the stock Eflite one is currently backordered until the end of the month (from Horizon). I've been getting so many requests for a battery like this I thought it would benefit the members. Given that we sold about 40 the night I made the post, I'd say people have been starving for a higher performance substitute.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Default Shipping status

To everyone who placed an order. All orders have been shipped.
From the post we did here and on 1 other forum, we got 235 orders between Tue and Wed last week. We were not prepared for that kind of positive response and got a little behind on shipping. Some orders went out every day, but we did get a little behind and the last of them went out on Saturday. We are back to normal now where all orders ship within 24 hours (usually same day).

Thank you,
Ed
Old 01-26-2009, 01:16 AM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Last edited by FlyingMonkey; 02-12-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 AM
VamPower
Urban R/C

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
Hey Ed, are you working out of the Fort Walton area still?

Is Ron carrying these batteries?

*scratch the first question, checked the site, and see where you are...
We moved closer to Pensacola, but yes, we are still in the general area.

Ron does stock our batteries, but has not gotten this one yet. He can get them for you, or you can order them from our web site, or you can find them in stock at the following hobby stores near you (kinda near)...

Hobby Town USA in Pensacola, FL
Hobby Town USA in Tallahassee, FL
Radio South Hobbies in Pensacola, FL

Thanks,
Ed
Old 01-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Definity

Thanks. I placed an order for one earlier today. Can't wait to try it out on my mCX.