Charging harness question - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Charging harness question

Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Chappy
Chappy

Default Charging harness question

Hey boys,
I'm a newbie to the hobby and to this board so excuse my ignorance but I need some direction here. I've bought a Multiplex LN-5014 charger that needs to be fitted with a harness to hook up to my battery packs. (3 cell 1350 Lipo's) I believe I have the correct connector (BP Hobby CW12-4) that matches my batteries charging plug. My question is what is the configuration of the wire hook up to the banna jacks? black to black & red to red, or do the three wires from one side of the connector plug (2 bk / 1 rd) run to one jack (red) and the lone wire (theres an empty slot between) from the opposite side of the connector (bk) to the black jack? Also, is there a good resource in book form that I can turn to to help me understand some of these kind of problems? This site is a welth of information but not necessarily in an easy to locate format. Thanks for any help you can render.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Twmaster

Since that charger does not have a balancer built in you would need to make a harness that connects to the main power leads of the battery. Red (+) to Red (+) and Black (-) to Black (-) should be the order.