New Cellpro Charger - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

New Cellpro Charger

Old 02-25-2009, 11:55 PM
MaxAdventure
AMA 198798

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
I guess I don't run my packs all the way down Max. My boy is using the same packs in his Diamante now (one at a time) and it does take about 40 mnutes to charge one of them up now. He runs them pretty hard and pretty low though so it has having to make a full charge.

Still beats over an hour though!
Ah yes, I was making an 80% assumption, etc. I think I mostly responded out of jealousy!

My Power supply is only good for 5 Amps, my Triton then can only charge at about 4.3 Amps on 4 cells with my equinox and the high-amp adapter - sooooooo I run my 6AH packs down on my heli - that means 4 charge resets just to get a flight in - about 4 hours, depending on if I hear the finished beep. That's so I can have one 10 min flight. I gotta fix that before spring weather........More packs, better charging..... *sigh*
Old 02-26-2009, 01:31 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

LOL, That's ok Bud.

I picked up an old Motorola power supply that is for making vehicle radios into base units that we were throwing away at work.

It puts out 18 amps continuous power and it works really well.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Howard Matos
Production Supervisor

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Multi4 CCS version 2.04. To receive the update, launch the Multi4 CCS and click O.K. when prompted. Next, with the charger powered up and communicating with the CCS, disconnect any batteries from the charger, go to the firmware update tab and update the charger firmware to v1.49. When used in conjunction with v1.49 firmware, the new CCS allows you to select a preset and control the charger's start/stop function remotely from the PC. The "remote controls" are located on the Cells tab of the CCS.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
darylm44

I purchased one of these for my bench and it works great. http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6879

16 amp power suply for 39.95 + shipping.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:05 AM
swimmer

Thumbs up Multi 4

What am I missing out on without the ability to download the latest versions? I've got version 1.48 as I bought my Multi 4 a couple weeks ago.

I am very pleased with my Multi 4. I can see why they are rarely offered second hand.

swimmer
Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Howard Matos
Production Supervisor

Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
What am I missing out on without the ability to download the latest versions? I've got version 1.48 as I bought my Multi 4 a couple weeks ago.

I am very pleased with my Multi 4. I can see why they are rarely offered second hand.

swimmer
Hi,

Here is a link to the firmware updates we have made so far:

http://www.fmadirect.com/faqs.htm?category=45

The CCS allows you to run the latest firmware and also take advantage of all the features. This is a very powerful charger in terms of operation when using the CCS.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Red Scholefield
Batteries/Chargers

Originally Posted by Tall View Post
Looks really promising, and now has a discharge function (finally!)

http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applications/multi4.html
Sorry, the discharge feature was removed.

Discharge Feature Removed

During final development on the Multi4 charger, the design team at FMA Direct made a realization that the discharge feature at 200 mA was inadequate for most applications. Based on feedback from customers and final design meetings, FMA decided to drop the discharge feature from the Multi4 charger. All the other advertised features remain, and make the charger the very best value available for a low to moderately priced charger.

Never the less, the Multi 4 is one of the best chargers I've had the opportunity of testing. You want a good discharger, get Mountain Models CBA 2 that allows you to actually plot the discharge on your computer.