EFlite Deuces Wild build thread. - Page 4 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion) Discuss I/C or Gas Conversions, Aerobatic Planes and Sport Aircraft

EFlite Deuces Wild build thread.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Opps. The wife has the camera. No video yet. I will post some later tonight. I am doing a leak check on the retracts right now.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:03 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Just a note, you might find that the WD40 lube dries up after awhile. Try something like 3 in 1 SAE 20 motor oil, available in a 3 ounce bottle at your local hardware store. Just be aware if you fly in a dusty area, 20 weight oil will get dirty.

Other options are something called MolyKote, a dry lube that will work very well both on metal and plastic. Its hard to find though.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Here are the retracts in operation.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDKnyEE2Qo[/media]
Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Here are the retracts in operation.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDKnyEE2Qo[/media]
WetBub:::o they always retract when you boot-up the reciever??? bub, steve PS you got a good dogBub there too,
Old 08-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Usually I have the tx turned on and the rx powered BEFORE I charge the retracts. Whoops

Falkor is still a puppy and acts like a puppy. We have to keep an eye on him or he will eat the entire house.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Falkor a good boy!!!!Glad you don't have to put her upside-downize to to turn it on! HaHaa,bub, steve
Old 08-20-2008, 01:23 AM
efly726

Default Duces Wild Build

Hello All: I've just completed my build of the DW. Haven't flown it yet so I can only comment on the assembly. For the most part I followed the instructions. I'm using 32s so I had to come up with a way to get the spacers, X mount, and motors to all line up. Not an easy thing. I finally CAd the spacers to the back of the X mount, dropped it into the nacelle and fastened the motor to the X mount from the inside. Again, not easy but it works. I found the stock blind nuts useless so I just moved them out of the way and used longer 4 40s with new blind nuts.

When installing the naclles to the center section I didn't think there was enough area for the glue to hold so after following the instructions I brushed quite a bit of additional 30 minute epoxy to the inside joins and added several screws through the outside of the nacelle into the plywood mounts. Same for the back end of the nacelle where it lays on the wing.

I found the outer panels to feel somewhat loose so here too I epoxied the panels to the center section. I don't have a problem with transport so I didn't mind the one piece wing.

Retracts were pretty straight forward. I haven't used spring loaded ones before - is there a way to have them remain retracted when not filled?

The spinners look nice but mine have an awful vibration - I left them off. I added wing and tail tip lights - after all it's Vegas baby.

The motor combo has a lot of power. Any comments about flying would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nick
Old 08-20-2008, 01:32 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

efly726::More on your mods please?? Pixs of your motor mounts would be great! You sound like you've be at this (RC'In) for a while,,And lets hear more when you maid'in her too!! your bub, steve
Old 08-20-2008, 01:46 AM
efly726

Default Duces Wild motor mounts 32s

Hi Steve - yes I've been flying RC for a while. I tried taking a few pics but the motors are so deep in the nacelle they didn't come out with much clarity. I found the best approach was to lightly sand the back of the X mount before gluing the white spacers. This ensured a good bound. You don't want to be in the middle of bolting the motor to the mount and have a spacer come loose - ask me how I know. Once the spacers are good and secure gently place it inside the nacelle. Move the stock blind nuts to the center of the plywood mount - get them out of your way. Now from the inside of the nacelle bolt the motor to the X mount and don't forget the locktite. Don't tighten them until all are in place. Now turn the nacelle over so the you're looking into it and carefully line up at least one screw hole with one of the holes in the plywood mount. Using a washer on the 4 40 bolt and tweasers to get it in the hole. It should poke through the back. Install your blind nut and tighten it just enough to hold the motor while you install the next bolt. Once all four are in go ahead and tighten them in a star pattern.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Go with Scorpion motors and you do not have to worry about the install

I will try to get some more on my build tomorrow, unless I go fly.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

where ya gonna go fly tomorrow if you go?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:25 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Fort Valley
Old 08-20-2008, 03:41 AM
rcproptester
We the People...

butthead
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

man long drive for me..may ride over to jodys..i have a ssx wing over there that um,needs a little tlc
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

i bet we got some wind comin
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Saw this model at LHS last weekend .What a project. Good luck with 1st flight
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Thanks. She is almost ready. A few minor things to do. Part of me wants to fly it now, but another part of me wants to wait for the Electric Fly in at the end of Sept.

I think I want to wait. That way more people get to see the maiden. however it will go....
Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

WetBub:: you got 160.000 watt-heads here to see the Maid'in!!and some of us are gett'in squirelly !! !! Just kidd'in ya wetBub,, you take your time and some pixs to boot, I was worried to death wait'in to maid'in the Monkey-Chopper, and put it off and worry'ed "What did I not do and is this right" ( unknown cg on her as she's a one of a kind deal), She flys like shes on rails!! Yours should fly even better as she's a tryed & flew!! ( and your a better pilot than me I'll wager) Best of luck When-ever you get ready my Bub!, I'm look'in to Dec to do one ( bust'in a retirement CD ) I may get her Sooner and get the Flight-packs in dec, as there the most$$$$ but I can probly swing the airframe though before then, your bub, steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 676.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	75992   Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 305.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	75993   Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 571.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	75994   Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 222.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	308.9 KB
ID:	75995   Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 539.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	75996  

Old 08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

youre gonna maiden that plane at the electric fly in with ALL those planes in the air??? wow got got serious brass man!! i cant wait!!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Ehhh I am not too worried. I think it will be a good time. I am sure there will be a nice audience.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Today I programmed all the throws and the expo. I used more expo than the instructions call for, but that is jstu me. I am a huge expo flyer. For me, it is always easier to fly with too mcuh expo, than not enough.

I also cut the Nose LG strut so it would not hit the fuse when retracted. I also added some epoxy between the firewall and the fiberglass nacelle. According to a few post on rcg, the glue they used from the factory was not that strong. Better to be safe than sorry.

There are a few things left to do, add the lg doors, glue on the nose cone, and bolt on the canopy. It actually can fly now, but I will wait. I know Jeff, Kenny, Bildo, Bill, Manta, Richard, Chris, etc.. all want to see it fly. It will happen at the Electric Fly in 26 Sept.

On an unrelated note, I am going to Oktoberfest with my buddies on 12,13,14 September in Helen, GA. It is going to rock.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

I will get a watt meter reading later tonight.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

Octoberfest to add to the beer post right?? Roflmbo love it
Old 08-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

ooooohhhh yes 4s on that scorpion id like to know,i got the same motor goin on a slick
Old 08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Well here is the eagletree on one motor.

So multiplied by 2 gives me 1650W and 108A total. WOW!

THat is over 2 Horsepower. SWEET. Not bad for a plane that weighs 10lbs 2.5oz
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Deuces Wild Runup.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	76026  

Quick Reply: EFlite Deuces Wild build thread.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16941 seconds with 19 queries