Yardbird RC YB-22 Electric Park Jet - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Aircraft Reviews Member based Reviews on ARF's and Kits Open for Business!

Yardbird RC YB-22 Electric Park Jet

Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Welcome to Wattflyer Rick!!! I just bought your Mig-29. I haven't maidened her, but if she's anything like John's F-22 I'm gonna have a ball! Can't wait to see the new stuff. Like John said, thanks a million for making such a great product...she went together quite well. Hope to see ya around friend.

Mike
Old 07-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Yardbird RC

Hello Everyone.

This is the new motor mount that we have just finished developing. This new mount will add a lot of strength to the airframe by attaching to the vertical and horizontal pieces. It will also reduce weight. For you uber speed freaks, the two new control horns you see are oversized to add more stiffness to the elevons.

We'll have to change some of the verbage on our site about wood parts. It will take about a week before the kits are ready with this new mount. The new proto-type is ready for test flights.

Thanks Dudes

Rick

YBRC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5347.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	72638  
Old 07-15-2008, 01:58 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Default Cool Beans!

Good deal, Rick.

I like the new motor mount. It even looks like it's "self jigging"

Old 07-18-2008, 02:28 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Cool Ooh! Oooh! Mr. Kotter!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Yardbird RC View Post
Sure, the hint is the first pic.

The second pic was from one of our customers Richard. It was taken at a relay station in New Zealand.

Rick YBRC

I think I found a match!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-F-14-vf-84.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	73012
2003 USS JFK Tomcat.

SWEEET!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Maxih

Going crazy waiting for mine.

USPS tracking says it left US on 15th. Other stuff from US stores arrived last week (ordered same day)..

Itchin to get her together an get into it.. Everyone is raving and i'm stuck on Clearview imaginin..

This is going to be soooo cool...

Maxih
Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Maxih

Yay, it's arrived...

Now to figure out which to do first- Sleep or build?? Nah, easy decision- i can sleep at work tomorrow.....
Old 07-23-2008, 02:36 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Maxih View Post
Yay, it's arrived...

Now to figure out which to do first- Sleep or build?? Nah, easy decision- i can sleep at work tomorrow.....
Sounds great, Maxih!
Please keep us informed of your build progress. What motor/ESC/prop combo are you going to use?

and hi-res pictures never hurt anybody!!

Last edited by max2112; 07-25-2008 at 02:14 AM. Reason: repeated words
Old 07-24-2008, 08:14 AM
Maxih

Build went really well, no issues. I was a little heavy with the glue in a couple of places but that's part of the learning curve i suppose.

Really stoked with the finished bird, it looks awesome... Just waiting on the motor/esc to arrive. Had a spare motor & esc laying around that i planned on using but ended up ordering the Dualsky combo in the end. May as well do the job properly. Should arrive in the next few days..

Will throw some pics up when she is complete. Paint scheme is pretty much the norm coz with this bird it just looks soooo hot straight from the box..

Can't believe i waited so long to get something like this

-Scott
Old 07-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Maxih

OK. Couldn't resist.

Here is a pic.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Bluebird

You'll love it! If orientation in the air is a problem you can always put a couple Dayglow stripes on the bottom of the craft. Excellent quality kit, eh? Best Luck on your maiden Maxih!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:17 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Maxih View Post
OK. Couldn't resist.

Here is a pic.
AWESOME job on that pilot / cockpit drawing!! That looks fantastic!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:24 AM
Maxih

Thanx for the praise. I'd love to take the credit for the cockpit but can't. I got the silouette from one of the forums (can't remember which:o), cut it out & kinda hand drew it.

Have seen the same on a few YB-22's & if the original supplier reads this- Thank You. It adds an extra dimension imho..

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of the motor/esc so i can try it out. If only i'd ordered a day earlier. The ONLY problem with ordering from OS- our weekends don't match up & i put my order thru a day late. Bring on Monday...

Maxih
Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Maxih

HELP....
Just when i thought i was attaining moderate competance with this RC thing i've hit a snag that proves i is still a Noob...

While waiting for my motor/esc i hooked up a spare esc so i could bind the Rx and check my servos. Set up as shown in DX6i manual- L servo in Aile slot & R servo in Elev slot with Elevon mixing active..

The problem- They're reversed. On Dx elevator moves ailerons & aileron moves elevators... Reversed servos & swapped at Rx with no luck.(Hoping it was that easy)

Any ideas from those in the know???
Please help this Noob.. - Maxih
Old 07-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Dan.

How much is it ??
Old 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Maxih

Dan, was that question for me??
Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Did you install the servos when you did this? I thought I was in the same situation with my YB-Mig. I was just looking at it wrong. Also, make sure you have your TX set up for "delta" wing. Your input shouldn't be reversed. If you move the right stick up/down, it should move the elevator and the same for moving it left/right, it should move the ailerons. Double check to see if the servos are plugged into the correct channel on your Rx...in "delta" mode.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:04 AM
max2112
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
How much is it ??
Dan,
If I understand your question correctly, the kit costs $49.95. The motor, ESC, servos and receiver could run $65 - $130 depending on what you set it up as.

My set-up goes like this:
Motor: TurnigyC2826-1650 $18
ESC: Dynam 25 Amp $15
Servos: TowerPro 9 gram $12
RCVR: Spektrum AR6000 $50
Battery: Thunder Pwr 2100mAh $45
Kit from YardBird RC: $50
+______
Total: $190
Old 07-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Maxih

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Did you install the servos when you did this? I thought I was in the same situation with my YB-Mig. I was just looking at it wrong. Also, make sure you have your TX set up for "delta" wing. Your input shouldn't be reversed. If you move the right stick up/down, it should move the elevator and the same for moving it left/right, it should move the ailerons. Double check to see if the servos are plugged into the correct channel on your Rx...in "delta" mode.
Yep, servos are connected right. Exactly as the DX6i manual says.. Have tried reversing servos in Tx & have tried changing plug positions on the Rx. The Elevon (Delta) mixing in the DX6 is working fine, it's just reversed so to speak.

Left stick up- ailerons move (Mode 1 Tx)
Right stick L or R - Elevator.

So the question really is- Is it possible to reverse the Elevon mixing direction on the DX6i??

Hoping someone can help, it's driving me batty.:o

Maxih...
Old 07-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Yardbird RC

Go to: Adjust list /setup list / reverse. Then reverse ONE channel at a time. If you reverse both the problem will not go away. Weird I know.

Rick
YBRC
Old 07-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Hey Rick, I bought your Mig-29. A great kit if you ask me!! I haven't maidened her yet though...I'm gonna do the maiden with max2112. I know this is a little off topic, but I wanted to say thankyou for such a sweet plane at such a great deal! Thanks.

Mike
Old 07-27-2008, 01:29 AM
Maxih

Rick
Firstly, although i'm yet to fly her, i have to agree with Mike. Sweet plane & excellent deal, Thank You.

Secondly. Thanx heaps for the above advice. Did as you said and with a quick swap of servo positions as well, she's ready to go. Always the simple things isn't it.

Can't wait to get her in the air and based on looks & ease-of-build i think she might even get a Mig-29 for company in the not too distant future..

Thanks for everything, you are now on my Xmas List..

Scott..

Last edited by Maxih; 07-27-2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Spelling- DUH
Old 07-27-2008, 03:55 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Glad you got her worked out Maxih. Do you plan on getting a video of your maiden flight? I'll be getting a video of my Mig maiden.

Mike
Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Maxih

Certainly hope to get some footage of the maiden. A few of us bring cameras to our sunday jaunt, so chances are good..

Not sure if the maiden will be at my hands or those of our local pro. Most of the guys let the local pro do the first flight after a build to get the trim right and minimise the chances of a Dirt Dart.

HOWEVER... The motor/esc should arrive tomorrow and i'm not sure if i can resist the temptation to get a little bit of air under the wings. Nothing subsonic, just a light buzz at the local park

Have spent a huge amount of time on Clearview with the YB-22 model and feel confident i can float the real thing round the park a few times. Might rope the lil missus to do some videography for me.

Will let you know how it goes
Old 07-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Well good luck to you Maxih. John says it's a real easy plane to fly. I'm sure I'll have no issues with mine. Keep us posted friend.

Mike
Old 08-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Yardbird RC

I just finished the decal sheet for the next bird. Check it out.
Sorry for the big watermark.

Rick
YBRC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F-18 Decal sheet water mark.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	74207  

Quick Reply: Yardbird RC YB-22 Electric Park Jet

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15568 seconds with 13 queries