Pink Pusher Jet Build - Page 7 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Pink Pusher Jet Build

Old 11-03-2007, 04:40 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by diverdon View Post
Opps , I just noticed that the directions you gave me Rea 59 .. I was gonna work on it a little more and realized that there's not any directions about what to hook up the Elevator to ..

I see this post from Chellie that this jet is supposto be set up for Ailerons and Elevator ... The only way I can figure to do this is to set it up like an ordanary plane with rudder / elevator and Ailerons ... And then just leave the rudder wiring off ...

The only problem I can see with this is that the ailerons won't go up and down to help with Elevators ..

If there is a better way to set up this plane would someone ... Please ... Let me know ............... Thanks Yet Again for all of the help , Don J.
Hi Don you need to get a y connector for the ailerons, because 2 are being used, that splits the servos for the ailerons, and lets one servo move one way while the other servo moves the other way, and it only plugs into one of the receiver slots, for the ailerons, I think I should add that information to the build, Take care, Chellie
Old 11-03-2007, 04:51 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Ok Now i am looking for some more Speed from this Pusher jet, Sooooooo I am looking into a Little Screamer or Just go Fly motor, maybe a 500t with a 7x5 apc E prop, I think thats the pylon racing setup should be fun with that kind of power, will keep everyone informed, Take care, Chellie
Old 11-03-2007, 05:38 AM
diverdon

Hi Chellie , I am a little confused .. "So what's new ".. This optic 6 thing does so many different setups and has enough channels for everything ... I Think .. OK so lets just assume I dont know what I'm talking about so I get this connector .. and then afterI connect the 2 Ailerons to it then which connector on the receiver does it go to ..

Next the planes elevator .. Which terminal on the receiver do I put this on ?? I know this is a lot of questions that are hard to impossible to answer ... Sooooo If there's any clues you can pass on thanks , And
Thank You ta all , Don J,

P.S. Goin to sleep now 12:40 AM ... days are too short ...
P.S.S - Chellie did the mail I sent make it ?

Last edited by diverdon; 11-03-2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Chellie , I am a little confused .. "So what's new ".. This optic 6 thing does so many different setups and has enough channels for everything ... I Think .. OK so lets just assume I dont know what I'm talking about so I get this connector .. and then afterI connect the 2 Ailerons to it then which connector on the receiver does it go to ..

Next the planes elevator .. Which terminal on the receiver do I put this on ?? I know this is a lot of questions that are hard to impossible to answer ... Sooooo If there's any clues you can pass on thanks , And

Hi Don on the y connector, the 2 aileron servos plug into it, and the single end goes to the receiver on the aileron socket of the receiver. to test the receiver and servo functions and radio, plug in the esc to the receiver on the throttle port, then hook up your motor to your esc, with out a prop, leave the throttle off on the radio, next just use one of your servos, and plug it into the receiver port, turn on your radio FIRST, then hook up your lipo to your esc, move the controls, but not the throttle, that will tell you which socket is for what servo, if you move the elevator up and down and the servo moves, thats your elevator port on your receiver, write it down, then unplug your servo and move it to the next port on the receiver, and move your radio sticks, that will tell you what function that port is, and just keep testing them that way, thats what i do, it works for me Yes the package came in the mail, Thank you very much, Chellie
Old 11-03-2007, 12:25 PM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

First my apology's, I thought you were looking for the instructions for elevon control.
Second as Chellie says use a "Y" connector to hook up both Aileron servos to the Aileron channel of your RX (Channel #1) and the Elevator will hook up to the elevator channel (Channel #2) Your ESC will hook up to the Throttle channel (Channel #3).

There will be no Rudder channel. Turning will be by the classic "yank & bank" (Roll to the left or right and give it some up elevator to complete the turn) Also because of no Rudder there will be no "yaw" control and you will lose some altitude in the turns. This little thing is fast so that won't be much of a problem.

Here is the channel list for your RX:
Receiver
channel
1 Aileron Aircraft Glider(ACGL)
or Right flaperon (FLPN on)
or Right elevon (ELVN on)
or Right aileron (ADIF on)
2 Elevator
or V-tail right side (VTAL on)
or Left Elevon (ELVN on) or
Right elevator (AILV on)
3 Throttle (controlled by throttle stick or Switch 01)
4 Rudder or V-tail left side (VTAL on)
5 Landing gear (controlled by Gear/Aux switch)
or Left aileron (ADIF on)
or Left elevator (AILV on)
6 Flap (travel controlled by VR-L and neutral set by VR-R)
or Left flaperon (FLPN on)
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

2604 posts!! Dang Chellie, you're getting up there with the big boys!

David
Old 11-04-2007, 06:18 AM
diverdon

Thanks Rea59 and Chellie .. Guess I need to order a y harness .. Is this just some kind of standard "regular" harness or is it the v-tail mixing type of harness .. Headsuprc has one I wonder if it would work .. Thanks again for all of your help .. Don J...
Old 11-04-2007, 06:48 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Standard "Y" Harness.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 AM
diverdon

Thank you .. Biplane murphy ... That makes it easy . I just wasn't sure if there was something special you had to have so that when you hook them up to 1 servo that one aileron goes up and one goes down at the same time ... I think toooo much sometimes.. Thanks again , Don J
Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
diverdon

Default Another ? Question ...

Sorry .. .. But I have yet another question ... Almost done with the Pusher jet ... I set it aside to work on a "Funder & Lightening " Plane for a while ..

Anyways I have gotten all of the control surfaces hooked up ... I had to wait for the "Y" Connector for the Ailerons to come .. "Another excuse for my screwing around and general laziness "....

So I know GET TO the question ... The Ailerons .. are they only for turning and not for up and down ?? The only control for up and down seems to be the elevator ... I sorta thought when I moved the stick for up or down that the ailerons would contrubite to the control of this too ??? Am I setting this up wrong somehow ... In the receiver or the radio .. I have the Optic 6 ..

Well That's my dummy question for tonite ... It's 3:30 here couldn't sleep so I got up and typed out this question ..That's my excuse for it seeming so stupid ....

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and above all ....Please be careful !
Thanks so much again , Don J.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Biplane Murphy
2 Wings, Twice The Fun

Ailerons are for rolling/turning right and left....Channel 1

Elevators are for up and down......Channel 2

Generally when turning with ailerons you will need to add a little up elevator to keep the nose/altitude up......

Last edited by Biplane Murphy; 11-22-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:01 AM
diverdon

OK , Thanks Murphy .. Thats sorta what I thought .. Wanted to be sure
Thank You very much for the help , Don J.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 PM
hondo33
hondo33

Default Delta mix????

Has anyone tried this plane with a with a delta wing mix instead of using the elevator? I assume you would have to reduce the elevator throw rate by at least half of the ailerons to keep it from back flipping due to the forward mounting position. This would reduce the weight of one servo and it should fly like a wing or stryker. If no one has tried it I guess I'll have to.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by hondo33 View Post
Has anyone tried this plane with a with a delta wing mix instead of using the elevator? I assume you would have to reduce the elevator throw rate by at least half of the ailerons to keep it from back flipping due to the forward mounting position. This would reduce the weight of one servo and it should fly like a wing or stryker. If no one has tried it I guess I'll have to.

Hi Hondo33 Try it, Hope it works out for you, Let us know how it turns out, Take care, Chellie
Old 12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
diverdon

Default Elevon Mixing ... Hondo ?? Please

I was wondering if you tried this yet ?? Hondo .. It seems like a good Idea to me but what do I know ? Very Little .. If you tried it could you please let me know how much travel your using .. Please

Thank You , Very Much ... Don J.

P.S. - It looks like there's even a channel left to use for the elevator when you do this elevon mix .. If you wanted to "Hook Up" the elevator
Old 12-04-2007, 06:46 PM
hondo33
hondo33

Default Delta mix pusher

Well my build is almost complete! I have altered Chellie's awesome plans just a tad to fit in my motor and reduce the stabilizer surface for the delta mix. I am also using a new material for the build. I found a new foam board at Office Depot. The material appears to be depron foam with paper on both sides. The foam cost 12 bucks for two 20"x30" sheets. I have installed a 2700 kv in runner with a 5x5 carbon prop, on top of the wing but under the rear of the fuse. . I scratch built the motor mount from a galvanized nailing plate used for framing houses, 19 cents at Home Depot. The mount is the same design used on the combat wings Xe2. I reduced the stabilizer width to 2" as not to reduce the effectiveness of the delta setup's elevators. I also used cut down Stryker flaps for the control surfaces. They are cheap and produce a very nice appearance. A have a perfect center of balance front to rear without adding weight just moving the battery. I may have to add a small washer under the left wing for left to right balance. I plan to set my initial throws at 1/4 inch, which is about double of new Stryker on low rate. I anticipate havening to adjust the climb and roll separately. I hope to maiden the "Mad Max this weekend if weather permits. I still need to run an amp test, apply some color to the top of the wings, and add some durable material to the bottom of the foam for grass landings. I'll get some pictures posted in the next couple of days.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Well my build is almost complete! I have altered Chellie's awesome plans just a tad to fit in my motor and reduce the stabilizer surface for the delta mix. I am also using a new material for the build. I found a new foam board at Office Depot. The material appears to be depron foam with paper on both sides. The foam cost 12 bucks for two 20"x30" sheets. I have installed a 2700 kv in runner with a 5x5 carbon prop, on top of the wing but under the rear of the fuse. . I scratch built the motor mount from a galvanized nailing plate used for framing houses, 19 cents at Home Depot. The mount is the same design used on the combat wings Xe2. I reduced the stabilizer width to 2" as not to reduce the effectiveness of the delta setup's elevators. I also used cut down Stryker flaps for the control surfaces. They are cheap and produce a very nice appearance. A have a perfect center of balance front to rear without adding weight just moving the battery. I may have to add a small washer under the left wing for left to right balance. I plan to set my initial throws at 1/4 inch, which is about double of new Stryker on low rate. I anticipate havening to adjust the climb and roll separately. I hope to maiden the "Mad Max this weekend if weather permits. I still need to run an amp test, apply some color to the top of the wings, and add some durable material to the bottom of the foam for grass landings. I'll get some pictures posted in the next couple of days.
Hi Hondo It sounds like your having fun what 2700kv motor did you get, I put in a Dons wicked motor in my pusher jet, its a 2700kv motor, with a 4.7X4.7 apc e prop, I flew it today at the Rose Bowl, during my lunch break, it has a 1600mah 11.1v 20c lipo in it, and a 40 amp esc, it flew very fast, I would have to say about 70mph + , I picked up about 10 to 15 mph, over using a 2409-12 towerpro motor and a 7x6 prop, as it flew by me, I could hear the jet cutting the air, that was neet, dont expect to much more than about 70 mph out of these flat out foamies, because they are not very streamlined, I was trying for 80 to 100, but its going to need a 4 cell lipo and some drag to be removed from the plane, enclose lipo, etc. but its fast enough at 70 mph, Take Care, Chellie

Ps use some thin bass wood or balsa on the bottom of the skid, and use some epoxy to glue it on, I use some masking tape to hold it on, untill it dries, and on the curve at the front, soak the wood in boiling water, then bend the wood to fit.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 AM
hondo33
hondo33

Thumbs up Mad Max pusher jet

The motor I selected was a electric fly bullet 28-45-2700kv. I installed a phoenix 20 ESC for the set up but realize I'll have to move up to a 36 Thunderbird before I maiden the plane. Once I get wattage numbers ran I am considering filling in some or all of the fuse. I'm not sure if the added weight will reduce enough drag to be worth it. I was kicking around the site on day and saw your plan. I realized I had never scratch built a plane before and thought it would be fun. I had buckets of parts laying around the shop and decided what the hell. So far I have about 15 dollars invested, but that will go up unless a steal a ESC from another plan. Here is a few pictures of my progress
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1602.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	48746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1601.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	48747   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1600.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	48748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	48749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	48750  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1597.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	48751   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1596.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	48752   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1595.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	48753  
Old 12-05-2007, 04:11 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

The motor I selected was a electric fly bullet 28-45-2700kv. I installed a phoenix 20 ESC for the set up but realize I'll have to move up to a 36 Thunderbird before I maiden the plane. Once I get wattage numbers ran I am considering filling in some or all of the fuse. I'm not sure if the added weight will reduce enough drag to be worth it. I was kicking around the site on day and saw your plan. I realized I had never scratch built a plane before and thought it would be fun. I had buckets of parts laying around the shop and decided what the hell. So far I have about 15 dollars invested, but that will go up unless a steal a ESC from another plan. Here is a few pictures of my progress
Its looking great Nice job, using elevons, you might not even need to use the elevator, but i would put in in there, even if you dont hook it up to a servo, it may add some stability, just my 2 cents worth, keep up the good work, Chellie
Old 12-05-2007, 04:36 AM
hondo33
hondo33

Default Tail thoughts

Chellie,:o

I'm going to install either a 2" inch stabilizer or just a carbon rod between the tails for strength. I'm afraid they will start to buzz at high speed if I don't do something. I would have thanked you several times already but I can't figure out how to?

Hondo33
Old 12-05-2007, 05:17 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Chellie,:o

I'm going to install either a 2" inch stabilizer or just a carbon rod between the tails for strength. I'm afraid they will start to buzz at high speed if I don't do something. I would have thanked you several times already but I can't figure out how to?

Hondo33
At The bottom of the Post, on the right side, where it says Thanks, Click on that

Just the fact that your making this jet, is thanks enough for me, Take care, Chellie
Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 AM
diverdon

Default Aileron "Throw?"

Hello again .. I will bet this has been asked already but could someone please tell me how much throw to put in to the Ailerons ??.. I have about 2 inches now guessing thats a little too much ..

It's the last thing to do before I try to fly this one ... Wish me luck ..
Thank you sooo much for all of the help , Don
Old 12-14-2007, 03:22 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hello again .. I will bet this has been asked already but could someone please tell me how much throw to put in to the Ailerons ??.. I have about 2 inches now guessing thats a little too much ..

It's the last thing to do before I try to fly this one ... Wish me luck ..
Thank you sooo much for all of the help , Don

Hi Don Start with 1/2" up and 1/2" down, or things will get hairy real quick, and give the elevator 3/4' p and down from neutral, hope that helps, Chellie
Old 12-14-2007, 10:50 AM
diverdon

Thanks Again Chellie I will set it up now .. So I will have 3 planes ready to go now if the wind ever stops blowing .. been 2 weeks now .

Thanks Again , Don
Old 12-15-2007, 03:12 AM
hondo33
hondo33

Default Trade wind for Rain!

Don,

I'll trade you my seven days of rain for you wind! I have had my pusher ready to fly and have had nothing but rain for a week. Today was the first day that has been nice and I had to work. At least on windy days I get get one of my delta wings up, as they fly well in the wind. Have you posted any pics of your pusher yet?

Rob

Quick Reply: Pink Pusher Jet Build

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11631 seconds with 21 queries