Pink Pusher Jet Build - Page 6 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Pink Pusher Jet Build

Old 10-13-2007, 10:51 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by lrplin View Post
Thank you, by the way, how to check for the CG? I saw you putted the battery on the very front end in your pictures.

Hi lrplin The CG is 13" from the nose of the plane back, add a string at the top middle of the plane, add all of the electronics to it, just lay them on top of the plane, lift the plane by the string and see if the plane balances there, if not you may have to move the electronics forward, if it still does not balance, you will have to add a little weight to the nose of the plane, try to move the electronics as far forwards as possible, I had to add a little weight to the nose, to get it to balance, not much, Mag wheel weights work great, they are a flat lead weight with tape on it, also check the balance from wing tip to wing tip, the wings should be level. if not, all some weight to the wing that is up, I try to only have the lipo on one side of the fusealage and the esc receiver servos on the other side to balance it, but sometimes you just have to add a little weight, Hope that helps, Chellie
Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Default PINK PUSHER JET Video

Hi Everyone The PINK PUSHER JET flies Great Here is a video of it, its flying, I would say about 45 to 50 mph, Let me know how fast you think it is going, It needs more Speed, Sooooooooo its getting a 2409-18 motor with a 8x8 prop, Hopefully, that will give me about 60 to 70 mph, We shall see Thank goodness I did not crash and Burn :p Take care, Chellie

Ps Next video of it, I will zoom in more on it

Last edited by CHELLIE; 02-17-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Great job Chellie!!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:10 PM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

Hi Chellie,

Very nice!! Hey are you using that helmet cam you were talking about awhile back?

Thanks

David
Old 10-13-2007, 09:43 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by DavidWent View Post
Hi Chellie,

Very nice!! Hey are you using that helmet cam you were talking about awhile back?

Thanks

David
Hi David No, I used a rifle stock mounted to the camera, my camera person, is better able to follow the planes that way, the camera viewer is very hard to use, so this seems to work out great, the helmet cam, did not work out very well, it moved around to much, maybe with a lighter camera, it will be ok, but my camera is the size of a 35mm camera, here is a build on it if your interested, Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...ighlight=rifle
Old 10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thank you Ray and David for the complements Have a great weekend, Chellie
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 PM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

Thanks Chellie,

That gun stock camera mount is really cool! I only wonder how many times the cops will swarm down on me when I show up at the ball field weilding that around!!

David
Old 10-13-2007, 09:59 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by DavidWent View Post
Thanks Chellie,

That gun stock camera mount is really cool! I only wonder how many times the cops will swarm down on me when I show up at the ball field weilding that around!!

David
Paint it PINK, and I dont think it will be a Problem
Old 10-13-2007, 10:05 PM
DavidWent
Holdmybeer and watchthis

LMAO!!!!! Good idea!

David
Old 10-28-2007, 06:09 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Default Pink Pusher Jet Video

Hi Everyone I tried a few different motors and props on this pusher jet to try to get the best possible speed from these little Towerpro Motors, and I think that this is the best set up possible, as far as Towerpro motors go, I tried a 2408-21 with a 7x6, 6x6 and 6x5.5 prop at first and it was ok, then i tried a 2409-18 with a 8x8 prop, it did not give me the thrust and power i was looking for, the 2409-18 is better with a larger prop like a 10x5, and then I tried a 2409-12, with a 7x6 prop, that gave me the best speed and power, and i think thats the best I am going to be able to do with the Towerpro line of motors, that motor and prop combination according to Jeff at Heads Up Rc, has a 67mph prop pitch speed, and thats good enough for me, here is a video of the PINK PUSHER JET in action, Enjoy, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 02-17-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 AM
lrplin

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi lrplin The CG is 13" from the nose of the plane back, add a string at the top middle of the plane, add all of the electronics to it, just lay them on top of the plane, lift the plane by the string and see if the plane balances there, if not you may have to move the electronics forward, if it still does not balance, you will have to add a little weight to the nose of the plane, try to move the electronics as far forwards as possible, I had to add a little weight to the nose, to get it to balance, not much, Mag wheel weights work great, they are a flat lead weight with tape on it, also check the balance from wing tip to wing tip, the wings should be level. if not, all some weight to the wing that is up, I try to only have the lipo on one side of the fusealage and the esc receiver servos on the other side to balance it, but sometimes you just have to add a little weight, Hope that helps, Chellie
Thankyou, i did fly my jet last week, the motor gave me enough power, and it wend vertical, however, i think i am not ready for jet yet, i lost control of the jet and the jet crashed. Now it is hanging on my room for display..
Old 10-28-2007, 07:59 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thankyou, i did fly my jet last week, the motor gave me enough power, and it wend vertical, however, i think i am not ready for jet yet, i lost control of the jet and the jet crashed. Now it is hanging on my room for display..
Thats ok, make another one, these jets only cost about 2 to 3 dollars in foam to make, and they build fast too, thats the nice thing about them, get in a little more stick time in, and you will have a blast with this jet, I wish I could count all the planes I crashed to get to the point where I am at now I have earned my wings the hard way, Take care, Chellie
Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hi Everyone I tried a few different motors and props on this pusher jet to try to get the best possible speed from these little Towerpro Motors, and I think that this is the best set up possible, as far as Towerpro motors go, I tried a 2408-21 with a 7x6, 6x6 and 6x5.5 prop at first and it was ok, then i tried a 2409-18 with a 8x8 prop, it did not give me the thrust and power i was looking for, the 2409-18 is better with a larger prop like a 10x5, and then I tried a 2409-12, with a 7x6 prop, that gave me the best speed and power, and i think thats the best I am going to be able to do with the Towerpro line of motors, that motor and prop combination according to Jeff at Heads Up Rc, has a 67mph prop pitch speed, and thats good enough for me, here is a video of the PINK PUSHER JET in action, Enjoy, Chellie

Morning Chellie,
your jet flies great... Nice landing..Smooooth....
Good job.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Bruce Thank you for the complements finally got this plane adjusted to fly the way I would like it to, I think the 2409-12 towerpro motor and a 7x6 prop is about the best combination as far as the cheapy bell motors go, It was a lot of fun flying this plane, Take care & have a great weekend, Chellie
Old 10-28-2007, 08:38 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Its me Again Take A Look at the Mavrick 2 plane from RC Products, its easy to fly, and the electronics from this pusher jet will go right in it, I used this plane to get used to flying electrics with, as electrics have there own personality, its hard to explane, but different from glow, thats for sure if you decide to get the Mavrick 2 tell Rusty at RCP that Chellie sent you , Take care, Chellie

http://www.rc-products.net/default.asp

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...=16298&page=24
some build information that I gave to another pilot when making the Mavrick 2 ,it helps to make it stronger
Old 10-28-2007, 01:16 PM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Here's my setups with the Mavrick line.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...postcount=4130
Old 10-28-2007, 06:14 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by rea59 View Post
Here's my setups with the Mavrick line.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...postcount=4130
Hi Ray Very nice Mavrick planes They sure are fun Huh, I have a few more kits that I have not put together yet, I will be doing that soon, these little electrics taught me a lot about E Flight and motor /prop combinations, and they are cheap too Take care, Chellie
Old 10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Paint it PINK, and I dont think it will be a Problem
Pink.........
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
diverdon

Default Optic 6 Setup for the Pusher Jet

Hello everyone , I am close to done with Chellies Pusher Jet ..I have been looking thru the book for the optic 6 transmittre I have and don't see where it is exactly shown how to do a setup for this plane ... with the aileron/elevon and elevator on it .. All I can figure is to set it up for a regular plane with ailerons , elevator and rudder ... But just don't hook up the rudder as you don't have one .. The only thing about this I don't like is that the ailerons won't work like the elevons would when you wanted to go up or down .. They would only work for turns ?? Right ??

I am hopeing that someone will be able to help me with this .. Thanks again , Don J.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:59 PM
NUTS
P.I.B.

Originally Posted by diverdon View Post
Hello everyone , I am close to done with Chellies Pusher Jet ..I have been looking thru the book for the optic 6 transmittre I have and don't see where it is exactly shown how to do a setup for this plane ... with the aileron/elevon and elevator on it .. All I can figure is to set it up for a regular plane with ailerons , elevator and rudder ... But just don't hook up the rudder as you don't have one .. The only thing about this I don't like is that the ailerons won't work like the elevons would when you wanted to go up or down .. They would only work for turns ?? Right ??

I am hopeing that someone will be able to help me with this .. Thanks again , Don J.
I'll look in my Optic 6 manuel tonight. I think the set up for elevons is on page 32 thru 34.

Nuts
Old 11-02-2007, 06:27 PM
rea59
BEEP..Bleep..BEEP

Setting up elevon mixing

1. The right elevon should be plugged into
CH1, and the left
elevon should be plugged into
CH2.
2. Press one of the
Up Down Edit buttons repeatedly to select
the
ELVN window.
3. To activate, press the
Active/Inhibit (Clear) key. The letters

"
INH" will turn to "On."

4. Press the
Cursor Right key once, to get to the elevator travel
setting menu. A small arrow is displayed over the numeral

represents elevator master channel, and the percent
indicator will blink on and off. The little arrow below the

indicates left elevon is being set.

5. Move the elevator stick all the way to the back (full up
position): both elevons should move upwards like elevators.
If the left (
CH2) elevon moves down, change the its travel
direction by pressing the
Active/Inhibit (Clear) key to get
0% quickly, then pressing the
Data -Decrease key until you

reach -50%.

6. If the right (CH1) elevon moves down with up elevator stick,
change the its travel direction by pressing the
Cursor Right

key (the little arrow moves under the 1), then press the
Data
-Decrease
key until you reach -50%. Otherwise, continue.
7. Now you'll input the amount of aileron stick response on the
right (CH1) elevon by pressing the
Cursor Right key once.
Now the little arrows move both over and under the 1, and
you may adjust the amount of right elevon travel with the
Data
+Increase
and -Decrease keys. 50% is a good starting point.
As before, change the sign and use -50% if it travels the

wrong way with aileron stick.

8. Now you'll input the amount of aileron stick response on the
left (
CH2) elevon by pressing the Cursor Right key once.
Now the little arrow moves under the
2, and you may adjust
the amount of left elevon travel with the
Data +Increase and

-Decrease
keys. 50% is a good starting point. Change the

sign if travel needs to be reversed.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:35 AM
diverdon

Thanks so much for the help with my optic 6 .. I am gonna try this tomorrow as I have a late shift 1-10 ... Then I hope tomorrow, - Sunday it will be flying weather ...

I can always depend on the people here to help me .. Thanks again .. Soooo Much , Don J.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:48 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by diverdon View Post

Hi Don this pusher jet is set up for elevator and ailerons, if you want to use elevons, you will have to eliminate the elevator movement, I have not tried that, so your on your own there I flew the pusher jet today, after work at the rose bowl, and I was the only gal there flying, as usual and i flew the F16 too, got in a couple of flights, then it was starting to get dark, they both flew great, I got a few glitches on the pusher jet, Sooooo i think I will need to change the crystal in the receiver, and try that, the f16 flew on the same channel with no glitches, so it has to be with the crystal or receiver, take care & have fun, Chellie
Old 11-03-2007, 03:52 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

I agree with you Don the people here are Great and very very Helpful,
thats why I stay here I love it here Take care, Chellie
Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 AM
diverdon

Default Opps ! ? ! ?

Opps , I just noticed that the directions you gave me Rea 59 .. I was gonna work on it a little more and realized that there's not any directions about what to hook up the Elevator to ..

I see this post from Chellie that this jet is supposto be set up for Ailerons and Elevator ... The only way I can figure to do this is to set it up like an ordanary plane with rudder / elevator and Ailerons ... And then just leave the rudder wiring off ...

The only problem I can see with this is that the ailerons won't go up and down to help with Elevators ..

If there is a better way to set up this plane would someone ... Please ... Let me know ............... Thanks Yet Again for all of the help , Don J.

Quick Reply: Pink Pusher Jet Build

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.16198 seconds with 12 queries