E-Flite Mini Pulse XT - Page 8 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Old 04-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Hi Paul. I really like the way this plane flies. Unfortunately, I've only flown it twice now. I got it used and was told that it was in excellent condition despite a hard landing or two. Upon closer inspection, it had a few things that need attention, including a bent motor shaft that is causing this plane to be really loud. Then I crash landed my second flight and did a little more damage, so I'm just going to get everything fixed before I take it out again. Horizon is backordered on the PNP shaft, but it's supposed to be back in stock this week.

The landing gear has obviously been repaired on mine. In fact, looking at it from the inside it's nearly all epoxy Looks plenty strong though. And based on my second landing, it IS plenty strong because it held up fine while the motor mount did not :o
Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 AM
KIMBERWHIP

park450 and a 10x8 prop. How fast will she go?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Originally Posted by KIMBERWHIP View Post
park450 and a 10x8 prop. How fast will she go?
Maybe someone else while have some better data, but all I can say is it is a fast little plane! It's on par with my EF P-47 which is juiced up pretty good. Not blazing fast but spirited for sure. I would guess 50-60.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM
fliprob17
got vinyl?

With a Park 480 1020kv and a APC 11x8 I would guess I was around 40-45. The Park 450 is a bit slower, less kv and overall power, maybe closer to 30-35.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by MountainFlyer View Post
I picked one up the other day myself ... just put the maiden on it tonight. Very nice flying plane i must say. was a bit windy bit it didn't seem to mind. Seems very stable. It lands very smoothly, just chopped the throttle and she settled right down on the runway with little effort. its a bit faster than i expected comparing it to my MiniFuntana

Eflite Park 480 1020Kv Outrunner
APC 10x7E Prop
GP Silver Series 25amp ESC
TP 2100 11.1v Lipo
Hitec HS55 servos
Hitec Micro 05S RX

Attachment 19214 Attachment 19249
Hey MountainFlyer, I just bought the mini Pulse Xt. I too have a park 480, 25A ESC and a 11.1v 2150mah Li-po. Is the 25A ESC too small for this plane/motor setup? I was trying to figure out if the motor would draw more than 25 amps from the 11.1v 2150mah battery. Any advice would be great. Thanks friend.

Mike
Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 PM
BoysToys

My LHS finally got my MPXT in yesterday. I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. I was thrilled to finally start putting it together. Unfortunately, all they got in was the plane. So now I have the plane, 480 motor, 40A esc, and my other misc parts butI still need my HS55 servos and AR6100 receiver. I told them to cancel my order for the other parts and ordered everything online last night. I should have everything early next week. Hopefully I will be able to get it in the air next weekend.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by BoysToys View Post
My LHS finally got my MPXT in yesterday. I ordered it almost 2 weeks ago. I was thrilled to finally start putting it together. Unfortunately, all they got in was the plane. So now I have the plane, 480 motor, 40A esc, and my other misc parts butI still need my HS55 servos and AR6100 receiver. I told them to cancel my order for the other parts and ordered everything online last night. I should have everything early next week. Hopefully I will be able to get it in the air next weekend.
Sorry to hear about the delay friend. I will have mine complete and in the air by the 1st of the month (two weeks). Let us know how she flies!! Good luck friend.

Mike
Old 04-19-2008, 01:56 AM
mike early

Originally Posted by simibill View Post
Lots of stabilizer flutter...
How did folks correct the fluttering issues?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:58 AM
mike early

I've got a .25" wide carbon fiber strip, I think I'll try it, to see how it affects the horizontal stabilizer's flutter
Old 04-26-2008, 05:47 AM
BoysToys

My final parts finally came in the mail today and I just finished a 4 1/2 hour stint in the garage. This is my first balsa plane and the only ARF kit I have built besides my Slow Stick. I realized that I am much better at building and setting up helicopters than planes. I guess I will get better with time.

My MP is ready to maiden tomorrow if the weather cooperates. My setup is a Park 480 1020kv, Eflite 40A ESC, APC 11X7 prop, Flight Power Evo 25 3S 2170 lipos, 4 HS-55 servos, AR6100, and my trusty DX7. I attached the landing gear with nylon bolts and did not install the wheel pants. I am hoping this will allow the bolts to sheer in the event of a hard landing and not rip apart the fuse of the plane.

Hopefully I will report back tomorrow with good results. If everything comes back in one piece I will be happy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Pulse XT 001 small.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	63817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Pulse XT 004 small.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	63818  
Old 04-26-2008, 05:50 AM
mike early

Same setup as I'm using. The kit is supposed to come with 2" tires, but mine were 1.75". I bought some 2" wheels for it, since I fly off grass. The wheel pants have no problem in the grass at all. The landing gear is very strong. A hard landing merely bounces the plane back into the air with zero damage.

This plane absolutely rocks.

P.S. A couple of 1/4" wide carbon fiber strip glued to the horizontal stab and skinny part of the elevator...fixed the flutter. The 480 1020kV with APC 10x7E prop really scoots this plane around! Probably faster than intended. Watch for flutter.

Last edited by mike early; 04-29-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:02 PM
BoysToys

I just got back from the maiden of my new Mini Pulse XT. Everything came back in one piece and the plane flew Super. I flew three packs through it and had a blast. It only needed a couple of clicks of aileron trim and it flew straight and leve. I flew the entire first pack on low rates and then switched to high for the final two packs. The plane did everything I wanted it to like roll quickly, snap roll VERY quickly, fly inverted nicely, and most of all unlimited vertical! I was even able to pull of some very sad looking knife edge passes on the last pack. Overall the plane was not as fast as I had expected. I think my T-Rex 500 is actually as fast or faster than the MP with a 480 and 11/7 prop. All in all I give my new Eflie Mini Pulse XT a big .
Old 04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
mike early

try a 10x7E
Old 04-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Horizon finally has the PNP 450 motor shafts back in stock. That means I might actually get to fly mine again soon
Old 05-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Hey where do you guys have the CG set for the Mini Pulse? The reason I ask is because in order to get the recommended CG (2 3/4" back from the leading edge) I had to push my battery back to where 2/3 of it is literally hanging off the battery tray over the wing!! That just seems odd to me. Does the recommended CG make her tail heavy? Also, do you find the CG with the plane upside down or right side up? Thanks.

Mike
Old 05-03-2008, 11:44 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Hey where do you guys have the CG set for the Mini Pulse? The reason I ask is because in order to get the recommended CG (2 3/4" back from the leading edge) I had to push my battery back to where 2/3 of it is literally hanging off the battery tray over the wing!! That just seems odd to me. Does the recommended CG make her tail heavy? Also, do you find the CG with the plane upside down or right side up? Thanks.

Mike
Mike, I have mine balanced at about 1/4 inch behind the spar measured with the plane upside down. My AUW is about 28 oz depending on which lipo I put in there. Flies quite nicely.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Thanks newjak. Where exactly is the spar though? Also, I use a 11.1v 2150mah Li-po. I'm also using the recommended park 450. I could understand moving the battery back a little bit to compensate for the additional weight of the larger motor, but that isn't my case. I'm getting really discouraged about maidening this bird!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:06 AM
KIMBERWHIP

I use velcro on the bottom of the battery to avoid any movement and the included strap. The pulse is awesome in the air.

I have -40 exp programmed in for the elevator.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by KIMBERWHIP View Post
I use velcro on the bottom of the battery to avoid any movement and the included strap. The pulse is awesome in the air.

I have -40 exp programmed in for the elevator.
I too use the velcro. Any ideas on the CG? Mine seems to call for the battery to pushed all the way to the back where 2/3 is hanging off the tray! Where is the spar? Is it that solid strip of balsa along the wings that's about 2" back from the leading edge?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:14 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Thanks newjak. Where exactly is the spar though? Also, I use a 11.1v 2150mah Li-po. I'm also using the recommended park 450. I could understand moving the battery back a little bit to compensate for the additional weight of the larger motor, but that isn't my case. I'm getting really discouraged about maidening this bird!
Mike, IIRC the spar is about 2 inches back from the LE. I just settled down with a nice cold brewsky so I will check that for you later.

Edit: Yes Mike that is the spar. If you set you CG to that point the bird will still fly OK
Old 05-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by newjak View Post
Mike, IIRC the spar is about 2 inches back from the LE. I just settled down with a nice cold brewsky so I will check that for you later.

Edit: Yes Mike that is the spar. If you set you CG to that point the bird will still fly OK
Thanks newjak. What size battery do you use for her? Maybe I'm using a too big of battery.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Well, I just checked the specs for the Pulse and it recommends a 3s 2100mah Li-po. Damn...what am I not getting!!??
Old 05-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

Hey Mike, what size servos did you put in it? The e-flite sub micros are pretty light, about 8 grams I think. Heavier servos in the tail, even just a few grams heavier, can make a big difference because they are so far back.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Fly Time View Post
Hey Mike, what size servos did you put in it? The e-flite sub micros are pretty light, about 8 grams I think. Heavier servos in the tail, even just a few grams heavier, can make a big difference because they are so far back.
I'm using the S75 servos...that was what was recommended.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:32 AM
BoysToys

I too use the velcro. Any ideas on the CG? Mine seems to call for the battery to pushed all the way to the back where 2/3 is hanging off the tray! Where is the spar? Is it that solid strip of balsa along the wings that's about 2" back from the leading edge?
I set my CG per the manual. I am using a Flight Power Evo25 3S 2170 pack and have it pushed way back. Even hanging about 2/3 of the pack off the tray I had to add 1/2oz. of lead in the back to get the CG right. I just got a couple of the G-Force 3s 1800 packs from Value Hobby and still have to hang at least 1/2 the pack off the battery tray to get the CG correct. I am using the Park 480 and HS-55 servos. I have only flown mine 3 times now but it was balanced nicely and flew great using the book specs. Hopefully I will be able to get out and fly it again tomorrow.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10953 seconds with 15 queries