E-flight UMX Sbach......AWESOME! - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

E-flight UMX Sbach......AWESOME!

Old 10-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Bill Gibson

Default E-flight UMX Sbach......AWESOME!

Is anyone else as CRAZY about this plane as i am?? Ive got about a half dozen flights logged on this thing and i swear this plane MAKES a BAD pilot look good!...As much as i love my Beast, the Sbach is so stable and PREDICTABLE at low speeds its just unreal! I cant help but wonder what the UMX Yak 54 is like??? The Sbach is one GREAT plane!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
Is anyone else as CRAZY about this plane as i am?? Ive got about a half dozen flights logged on this thing and i swear this plane MAKES a BAD pilot look good!...As much as i love my Beast, the Sbach is so stable and PREDICTABLE at low speeds its just unreal! I cant help but wonder what the UMX Yak 54 is like??? The Sbach is one GREAT plane!
Thats great that your having fun with that little plane, with the brushless motor and a 2 cell lipo, its a little hot rod take care and have fun, chellie
Old 10-06-2013, 12:47 AM
DCDetector

It is also pretty darn durable. I have had some... um... unfortunate incidents and done many repairs and still flying like a champ. My eyes aren't so good any more so I have a hard time with orientation when it gets very far away because of being small.

Last edited by DCDetector; 10-06-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:53 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
Yeah, I had one. Had a really good time with it. Gave it to my son, who after a bunch of flights, piled it in. One servo got pulled out of the foam. He glued the servo back in, and after that, the tiny servo was inoperative. Took a look at it, and found a tiny bit of glue on the tiny gear. A fingernail pulled that glue off, and it's back to flying again.

That is a very nice model. But it is most definitely NOT a trainer!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM
BBCorvette18

I was flying ours in 17 mph winds and having a blast its a sweet plane
its also the first umx plane we bought now we have 5 and plane on buying them all lol
Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Dragonflyer

I can imagine what fun the Sbach is. I have the UMX mini Beast. Someone commented at the field how stable it appeared. I didn't think it flew right. Got to checking and it had UP thrust. I did a little work inside to tilt the motor and now have just a tad of down thrust. It is a different flying airplane, much better.
What fun.
DF aka Bill
Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Pilot Error
Phi Crasha Planea

I love my Carbon Cub. I had the little Sbach and piled it in at the gym one Friday eve. It hasn't been right ever since. The ESC acts goofy and I have changed motors, but to no avail. It now is a desk ornament.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Bill Gibson

Originally Posted by Pilot Error View Post
I love my Carbon Cub. I had the little Sbach and piled it in at the gym one Friday eve. It hasn't been right ever since. The ESC acts goofy and I have changed motors, but to no avail. It now is a desk ornament.
I just flew my buddies Carbon Cub....SUPER NICE AIRPLANE! Smooth and quiet! If i could find a used one in decent shape for the right price im sure id GRAB IT! But ya just cant beat the Sbach if you want to do CRAZY (and sometimes STUPID) STUFF!!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Bill Gibson

Originally Posted by Dragonflyer View Post
I can imagine what fun the Sbach is. I have the UMX mini Beast. Someone commented at the field how stable it appeared. I didn't think it flew right. Got to checking and it had UP thrust. I did a little work inside to tilt the motor and now have just a tad of down thrust. It is a different flying airplane, much better.
What fun.
DF aka Bill
The Beast is the best lookin plane of the bunch! Love mine! The Sbach just lets you get away with DUMB MOVES! I know this to be a fact because.......GOD im a BAD pilot!!!!