multiplex funcub wheels on a hz supercub report - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

multiplex funcub wheels on a hz supercub report

Old 07-04-2013, 05:07 PM
zoltron55

Build Review multiplex funcub wheels on a hz supercub report

I have used up to 2.5 inch wheels on my cub & was still not satisfied with its ground handling. I saw a guy with a funcub at the club field & was impressed at the ease of takeoffs & landing. so I bought a pair at my lhs,they are too wide to use the stock gear. I bought some wire & collars. did a fair job bending the gear. she lists to the right just a hair ( I'll fix that next time it rains). I did a test drive in my yard it was the 1st time this plane could roll in grass. yesterday went to the club(see my thread 'great day')only nosed over once in 5 landings. take offs were very nice considering that I'm still pretty new to this. up until now I would have to hand launch the plane & scrub as much speed & flop it on landings. One thing I noticed is the wheels are so big its almost like having flaps on it noticeable change in air speed.all in all I feel this is a great way to deal with grass fields
Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 PM
BBCorvette18

I love my fun cub. But I took my wheels off and now fly off the floats full time. I put a thin sheet of Styrene on the bottom of the floats for landing on gravel or pavement and just to being a little smoother and slicker on the grass.