Apprentice S 15e SAFE Owners - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Apprentice S 15e SAFE Owners

Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
dereckbc
Super Contributor

Default Apprentice S 15e SAFE Owners

I am a newb and have my first plane an Apprentice S with a SAFE Rx. So far I like the plane, but noticed it may not be working correctly in Beginner Mode. I am not sure as the Owners Manual is not clear to me. When I try to land in Beginner Mode I cannot fully cut the throttle and make a proper flare for a Stall Landing, so the landing is a bit HOT that either touches down front gear first, or 3 point if I yank on elevator at just the precise moment. With that said I do not notice that characteristic in Intermediate of Experienced modes

Has anyone else experienced this characteristic or anything else unusual?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 AM
BBCorvette18

From what I've read on the safe technology stuff in beginner mode if you bring the throttle down to land the plane will basically land itself as long as you keep it straight into where you want to land. It also said it will take off on its own aswell. So I would assume that its going to keep a little power on to be sure it doesn't stall and just fly to the ground.

I dont have a plane with safe but I just did some research on it last night. It seems like a really cool system for getting someone new to be able to fly around semi confidently
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Warhorse

I've noticed the prop stays spinning at zero throttle but I'm not sure if the Safe is keeping a little power on or is it just "windmilling" as it's landing. I don't really know anyway to tell but E-Flite would know if they are watching any of these threads.

Impressive plane though. I got one for my son and it finally got him into the hobby. He's been flying it for about 3 weekends now, doing his own takeoffs and landings and flying simple patterns around the field.