Flyzone Micro Albatros - Page 8 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

Flyzone Micro Albatros

Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Originally Posted by scalercflyer View Post
If you Boys want to print me out some camo sheets on your lazer printers, I'd be glad to try them out! Marty
Email me the files of what you want and how many sheets of each file. I will print it on bright white paper for you.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

degreen60: the water slide paper I got from you works very nice. I make a light solution of elmers white clue and water, brush it on the surface and let it dry. I use Krylon clear spray paint and seal the decals 3 coats. they are easy to apply, have not cracked. I did a DG-1000 with all the factory markings, German flag etc. Was very impressed with it. I might have to try the lozenge deal.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:19 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Now this thread has me thinking and at my age that is a problem in itself. I have some heavy paper that is 12 inches long. If I enlarge a paper airplane to a wing span that will just fit the paper can I make it a micro rc flyer? I am thinking I can make something to dogfight the Albatros with.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:56 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Go for it ! All these ideas and schemes have me thinking....Maybe I will buy about five of them, do them all up in one of a kind schemes and resell them on ebay...emmmmmm.

Another thought (outside the WWI theme) This little albatros actually flys in lift. I have caught lift over roof tops and watched her thermal up. Made me think of a possible micro sailplane. A little replica S-36 or ASK, DG etc.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 PM
waynek

mabey a micro u2 or me163
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

I found a site with free paper models that fly. Most are jets and a couple are WW2 prop planes. No WW1.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:58 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

well, so much for my micro Sailplane idea..check out the sailplane threads..DX-220 micro sailplane this company could make a killin off of WW1 micros. I had to get one.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Default Smoke break

Got so bored at work today, I pulled the Albatros out of its hanger during a smoke break and flew it in the parking lot. About 36 degrees, a little puffy wind...but she hung in there. This thing just keeps on tickin!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 AM
scalercflyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by degreen60 View Post
I found a site with free paper models that fly. Most are jets and a couple are WW2 prop planes. No WW1.
Here's another site Guys in my club use for patterns to build foam planes from D. Marty
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/
Old 01-27-2011, 05:47 PM
touche

Hi all,
I have been doing some reading on numerous threads with regards to batteries. (Read headache here)
As usual there is an overload of information and opinions. Some like one brand some like another some have had issues etc. Some buy cheapo's and some believe get the best.
I am trying to sort out what batteries are best.
I have an ac/dc Hyperion charger with the 6 rail adapter. I know the Hyperion batts 3.7 are expensive compared to Hobbycity brands. Some say Thunderpower are better. Then we get into the nano/ non nano discussion and then that bleeds into 1c or 5 c charging. Are some helicopter specific brands.
I am nowhere near a Hobby shop so will have to have them mailed.
As you all fly the Alby what are you using and charging at...
Thanx
Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Darwin

Default My Albatross

Well I took my brand new Bright Red Albatross out of the box at the local Sunday indoor site and had my flying instructor (friend for 30 years) give it it's maiden flight. after setting trim and flying one more time, he gave it back to me and off I went. Beautiful smooth take off, nice slow right turn, gaining altitude easily. Turned and headed back to land (no reason to over do a good thing) and over shot the landing and hit the Gym wall.
Inspection showed prop shaft bent and when we tested elevator, they not move but the receiver rocked back and forth just fine inside bird. Not funny, took nearly an hour to get in there without destroying bird, glued receiver down and all is well for next Sunday.
Should have called it Boeing, because that is what it did across the floor, Boeing, Boeing , Boeing smack!
Ain't this fun!
Darwin - Omaha..
Old 02-03-2011, 01:43 AM
touche

Well all is not lost. Now you can head over to one of the other major sites and find the alby thread there. Those boys and girls just love to gut and tinker and repaint, rebrick and generally rework their planes.
Lots of discussion on the merits and short falls of the parts inside.
They will have you up and flying again in no time at all...
Old 02-03-2011, 03:50 AM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

DARWIN

Did you use Lighter fluid to desolve the glue on the fuse?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Darwin

Default Boeing, Boeing

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
DARWIN

Did you use Lighter fluid to dissolve the glue on the fuse?
- Lighter fluid? Yikes, won't that melt the bird?
I just used a single edge blade and carefilly seperated the top and bottom back to where the push rods came out. Then propped the front up with some sticks so I coud get in there. Difficult, but it is done.
This is a really neat little bird and gets a lot of attention just stock out of the box.
Thanks.. Darwin - Omaha
Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Nah...I dripped the lighter fluid down the factory glue seam, it desolves the glue they use. Separate it, do your work...clean the seam of old glue and re-glue it.

The brick inside has been known to come loose, especially the servo arms. Sent mine back to factory for this reason and they of course took very good care of me. You are right, the plane is just a joy to fly!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Darwin

Default Boeing, Boeing

That is s good tip to remember and I will keep it in mind.
Thanks.
Now, if they just made one of these in Park flyer size.
Sunday is In-door fly day so we will see if my repair work will carry me through the afternoon.
Darwin - Omaha
Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM
enemyace19
Beware the hun in the sun

Took the plunge this morning and mounted the champ rx into the albatros .It's gonna work just fine! D
Old 02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

How did it work?? Did you fly her??
Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
enemyace19
Beware the hun in the sun

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
How did it work?? Did you fly her??

Not till the first warm day here in long island new york but im sure it will work well all the controls work the same as before the only change is it now binds to my dx6i
Old 02-05-2011, 07:03 PM
degreen60
Flying Fish

Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Thanks.
Now, if they just made one of these in Park flyer size.
I have a Kavan Albatros DV that is parkflyer size. Scorpio and simprop also made a parksize Albatros. Keep watching ads and maybe you can pickup a used one.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Darwin

Default Fly RC cintest

Latest issue of Fly RC. Page 50. They want pictures of any 'modified' flyzone micro albatross. There are links to decals and other stuff.
Darwin - Omaha
Old 02-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Darwin

Default Dead bug

Trying to post a picture of surgery in progress..
Darwin - Omaha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	551.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	143999  
Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 AM
barmonkey

Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Latest issue of Fly RC. Page 50. They want pictures of any 'modified' flyzone micro albatross. There are links to decals and other stuff.
Darwin - Omaha
I was just at the LHS today and saw that. There is actually a contest...win prizes!

From the Fly RC website: http://www.flyrc.com/041112
FIRST PLACE: A full Hobbico Airbrush setup and a new micro plane from Flyzone
SECOND & THIRD PLACE: A new micro plane from Flyzone
Also, each entry will receive a free year’s subscription to Fly RC Magazine.

RULES
The contest is based on the Flyzone Micro Albatros model only. Any modifications including paint schemes and additional scale details are eligible. Employees of Great Planes, Hobbico and Maplegate Media are ineligible. All entries must be in by May 20, 2011, and the winners will be announced in the September 2011 issue of Fly RC. Each winner will be notified by email and/or telephone and their models will also be posted here on this page.

Judging will be based on: attention to detail, originality (for custom creations) and true-to-scale for replicated themes. If you choose to replicate a full-scale theme, please be sure to include a photo or a color profile of the full-scale model. Please make sure that your name and contact information accompany each photograph.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:15 AM
barmonkey

Anyway...I have one on the way!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
barmonkey

Flew the tiny Albatros today...in 5-10 mph winds! And, yes it was a handful...but fun nonetheless. With the plane being so light and not so powerful, it will line itself directly into the wind as soon as power is applied. No options here, so the runway better have a nice arc of possible take-off directions. As the battery ran low I had very little forward movement...so I performed an almost Vertical landing from 15 feet or so. As soon as it hit the grass with the power off, the wind flipped her over. What fun!

I have a spare fuselage and wing set, and am going to start working on a new paint job. This one will most likely use the Parkzone AR6400L receiver/servo board. I am also looking into going brushless.

Quick Reply: Flyzone Micro Albatros

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10212 seconds with 14 queries