New Blade CP Pro 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

New Blade CP Pro 2

Old 05-28-2008, 06:05 AM
C140
Tailwheels Fly Better

Default New Blade CP Pro 2

I saw it in the Horizon catalog and it looks like good stuff. A heading lock gyro, specktrum radio with dual rates and throtle hold, a full line of aluminum head parts, and the paint job isn't bad either. Looks like a good replacement for the Pro. It's supposed to come out in July. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EFLH1350-250.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	67365  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
HET overkill

I work in a shop and have a bit of an "in" with suppliers and was able to fly one. I cannot fly the cp pro or the honey bee king 2 but i was able to fly this one from the front of the shop to the back before i piled it in. flies great and no radio problems i suggest getting the cp2 over the blade 400.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by HET overkill View Post
I work in a shop and have a bit of an "in" with suppliers and was able to fly one. I cannot fly the cp pro or the honey bee king 2 but i was able to fly this one from the front of the shop to the back before i piled it in. flies great and no radio problems i suggest getting the cp2 over the blade 400.
overkill'in bub::The E-Flite folks Put a Ex gyro on it, the old cp Pro has it in the 3To1 and it's not worth a poo, You gotta spend 60-80$ for a good gyro for it,( anybody know of a good less$$$'ly Gyro???) I see they did do it on the new one, My Blade CX Mods cost as much as the Heli cost new,And I see my Cp pro go'in the same route, your bub, steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 632.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	67387  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:54 AM
RyuuChi

its definately got all the upgrades that i've had to do/ or am looking at for my cp pro. key upgrades that i've noticed from my research: brushless with esc, 2.4 ghz, g110 gyro, and a direct drive tail. since it's the same frame and basic set up as the original, that means that all the aluminum parts available will be compatible, as well as the other little options. all in all, i will say that a heli of this size is going to be dificult to fly no matter what upgrades you do to it, but the gyro and 2.4 ghz will certainly help.

my guessed verdict (before flying, obviously): better, but still far from a beginners heli. until they make the cp platform standard with a belt driven tail system i say the blade 400 is still the better machine.

edit: not brushless, but brushless compatible esc 2 in one... oops.

Last edited by RyuuChi; 06-02-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:07 AM
neilg.

being a novice i would still like to express my opinion.

i bought the cp pro and find it is rather flimsy. the cx2 that i have trained on is much more sturdier. i would rather take my lumps on the blade400 until i get it right than the cp (whatever).
IMHO

this is just an opinion and not meant to stir any emotions . and there is a money factor also. some can afford the blade 400 and some can't. wifey doesn't know how much overtime i work . without the OT i would have the CP also.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:47 PM
FlynHawn

This forum has helped me in many was from repair to tips! I'm still a newbie, but I'm also looking forward to the day that I'll be good enough to buy and fly a Blade 400 (I decided by reading through the forum listings). Flying and learning on my CX2 in my livingroom and outside on calm days has been really fun. Suffered a lot of ups, (good flights) and downs (crashes), but that is all part of the learning process. Still working on stablizing it's hover. Got all new part on her, but she still TBEs around. Will keep reading to find out why.

Thanks guys!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 PM
St. John Hawke
MIA

Meh, figures. I just got into the hobby with a CP Pro and already there's a better one for roughly the same price. Oh well. Happens in anything technology related I guess...
Old 06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
HELI GEEK Dude

Thumbs up

I'm looking for a new micro heli and I think I've found it!!!!!I have a Blade CP & that tail rotor,,Man that thing dumps itself in everytime it's like the tail motor is'nt up to the job because the torque of the motor just overpowers it!You should check out this link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMQPGtPS24

HELI GEEK Dude
Old 03-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Crashdummie1

I got my cp pro 2 a week ago! after flying c/r heli's for a couple of months, everyone was saying.. get the 400 !get the400! but the 400 was backordered for a month and a half due to a tx recall. Soo thats all! I just couldnt wait! I am an easy sell and a weak shopper. well this is my first cp heli..OK that was on sunday this is thursday after three days of radds. I am now effectively hovering this little MONSTER tail in. in a 12x12 kitchen minus table and other asst. kitchen furniture!! the heli is nice, but I could use a little help. I notice that when in steady hover the right skid is lower than the left and that the whole heli is "cocked?" to one side? not much maybe 1/4 inch or so I tried shifting battery around a little bit. but she still fly's witha little list to the right? could is it the trainig gear? the center of gravity is good when on the bench the skids set square and perfect and there is no "list" to one side when holding it up by the fly bar... I have not crashed.???is there a blade adjustment? pitch???...also the canopy is terrible to go on and off with. only a matter of time before it tears. can anyone give me some tips, advise, or share some knowlege on these two issues. especially the "cocked or listed to one side problem"

thanx
Old 03-20-2009, 06:01 AM
C140
Tailwheels Fly Better

I have a CP+ and it does the same thing. At first I thought it was just holding against the wind, but then I noticed it inside too. One skid's just a little lower. I think it has to do with the torque of the rotor and p-factor and what not. An engineer explained it to me once and made it sound like it was pretty much normal for the size of the helicopter. As for the canopy, I found out early on that those plastic canopies are expensive to replace, so I now use Vortex-5's paper canopies most of the time. I'll try to get the link to them in a second.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:19 AM
C140
Tailwheels Fly Better

Here's the link.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31973&

I'm not 100% sure it will work with the Pro 2, but it should be close. If you're just starting out, the paper canopies will save you a ton of cash.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Whoami

Originally Posted by Crash&Burn(Often) View Post
Here's the link.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31973&

I'm not 100% sure it will work with the Pro 2, but it should be close. If you're just starting out, the paper canopies will save you a ton of cash.
I have to at least point out something about paper vs plastic. As weak a protection as plastic is, paper is even worse. I saved my electronics several times in my CX2 when a crash took out my plastic canopy instead of the protruding hardware in front. Then again, there was one time it didn't help.... I'd suggest fixing the canopy with electrical tape if that becomes necessary.