dragon wing or power z 200 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

dragon wing or power z 200

Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 PM
iluvflying

Default dragon wing or power z 200

hi i want to get into proper flying (i once had a air hogs bi plane it was underpowerd turned rubbish and i once put a daisy on it and it couldent go firther then 2 foot in the air) but im stuck between wich plane to have a wing dragon with 3 ch and a simulater for 59 including postage or a mates old power z 200 for around same price (needs a new wing 12 in local hobby shop)(cant renember exsact price of the plane) without simulater and only 2 ch bus also ok by the stuff ive been reading about it
wich should i buy and why
pics top wing dragon bottum power z 200

many thanks iluvflying
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	k.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	93572  
Attached Images  

Last edited by iluvflying; 02-13-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: forgot some details
Old 02-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Sir Raleigh
Super Contributor

You'll be much happier with the Wing Dragon 3 channel.

Two channel planes don't have elevators so turning is done using a combination of rudder and motor. Much more difficult than using rudder and elevator for turns.

Anyway, you'll need to learn to use the elevator before you can advance to any other type of plane, especially if it has ailerons.

Go with the Wing Dragon.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:59 AM
benovisoff
aint crashin aint flyin

I would go dragon wing
Old 02-14-2009, 05:08 PM
iluvflying

Two channel planes don't have elevators so turning is done using a combination of rudder and motor. Much more difficult than using rudder and elevator for turns.

Anyway, you'll need to learn to use the elevator before you can advance to any other type of plane, especially if it has ailerons.

Go with the Wing Dragon.

this 2 ch has (as you can proberly see from the pic) 1 prop and there is 2 rudders slanted at an angle what does this do and does this change your mind

anouther thing what sort of speed wind can wing dragon fly in the power z 200 revues ive read say that it has to fly in rely still days but for the wing dragon i cant find many saying what wind to fly this in

many thanks
iluvflying

Last edited by iluvflying; 02-14-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: thort id change color of the outher persons thing they said
Old 02-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Sir Raleigh
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by iluvflying View Post

Go with the Wing Dragon.

this 2 ch has (as you can proberly see from the pic) 1 prop and there is 2 rudders slanted at an angle what does this do and does this change your mind
The type of tail you are referring to is called a "V" tail and they can fly very well. However, since it's a 2 channel plane it still lacks the "elevator" function that's usually built into that type of tail.
There are many planes out there that are similar to that one but are 3 channel, the Firebird Phantom being one of them, that I'd recommend over that one.

anouther thing what sort of speed wind can wing dragon fly in the power z 200 revues ive read say that it has to fly in rely still days but for the wing dragon i cant find many saying what wind to fly this in

many thanks
iluvflying
I have no idea about that plane, but the 3 channel Firebird Phantom, which weighs about 8 ounces, that I referred to earlier, and the Wing Dragon, which weighs about 24 ounces, can handle a fair amount of wind depending on your flying skills.

I enjoy flying both my planes (although my Wing Dragon is a 4 channel plane with ailerons) but it required learning how to use the elevator feature of my Firebird Phantom before I could fly the Wing Dragon 4.

I stand by my suggestion of going with the Wing Dragon (or Dragon Wing, whichever its called). You will be much happier with a 3 channel plane over a 2 channel one.

You can always fly a 3 channel as a 2 channel plane just by keeping the elevator centered until you feel comfortable using it.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Twmaster

Of those choices I too would pick the Wing Dragon. While not the best trainer out there it isn't awful. One of our newbies at the club has one. I've flown it and it's ok. While the radio gear included is not the best it can be moved to the next three channel plane you get once you've killed or are tired of the Dragon.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:33 PM
iluvflying

[quote=Twmaster;564420]Of those choices I too would pick the Wing Dragon. While not the best trainer out there it isn't awful. One of our newbies at the club has one. I've flown it and it's ok. While the radio gear included is not the best it can be moved to the next three channel plane you get once you've killed or are tired of the Dragon.

what is wrong with raidio gear cos if the servoes are useless ive got loads
ive also herd it underpowerd how underpowerd and one last thing how well can it do loops
thanks loads
iluvflying
Old 02-15-2009, 06:19 PM
iluvflying

nah looking at the fireburd phamtom i might just pay extras few quid for a simulater with the wing dragon but thanks for the segesion anyway