Talk about Amazing scratch builds.. - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Talk about Amazing scratch builds..

Old 01-24-2009, 07:10 AM
  #26  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,255
Default

Ok Here are 3 motors that I would use for the 10x4.7 prop on 3 cells

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...less_Outrunner

TR 28-30B 14A 1050Kv
Chris Running this motor in a 22oz plane. WO throttle with a fresh Zippy-H 3S 1500mAH battery and a APC 10X5 E pulls 15.8 amps at 200 watts. It does a nice job of pulling the plane around at half throttle.

and the good old 2410-09

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

or the 2830-09
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

hope that helps, Chellie
CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 AM
  #27  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,255
Default

if you want to use a smaller prop, there are a lot more motor choices, Take Care, Chellie
CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
  #28  
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane
Thread Starter
 
Cdr. Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 487
Default

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Ok Here are 3 motors that I would use for the 10x4.7 prop on 3 cells

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...less_Outrunner

TR 28-30B 14A 1050Kv
Chris Running this motor in a 22oz plane. WO throttle with a fresh Zippy-H 3S 1500mAH battery and a APC 10X5 E pulls 15.8 amps at 200 watts. It does a nice job of pulling the plane around at half throttle.

and the good old 2410-09

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

or the 2830-09
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...lectric/Detail

hope that helps, Chellie

Thanks, Chellie

I actually have that motor here waiting on a candidate.. Guesses you found me one!!

Yes it's the profile
3D Batix Extra 330


http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373243

Yesterday I went to the local hobby shop in Nasa Odessy Hobby. I bought the Eflight 370 thinking my 28-30B was too heavy for it.

Now I have 2 choices I guess..
I also bought a new charger because I burned my new Smart charger 2500 by using a 6/2 car battery charger. Ooooppsss !!

So, I bought the Hobbico Quich Field Charger mk2 at 60 dollars. It's a nice one!! You can charge 2 batteries at one time.

I spent 180 dollars on some nesesary field equiptment, I just had to have.

My Extra 330 profile is ready for the electrics.. let's see how the 370 moves it I guess.. Thanks for the input..
Cdr. Instigator is offline  
Old 01-24-2009, 06:54 PM
  #29  
ministeve2003
Class Clown
 
ministeve2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montclair, California
Posts: 4,472
Default

Originally Posted by Cdr. Instigator View Post
Thanks, Chellie

I actually have that motor here waiting on a candidate.. Guesses you found me one!!

Yes it's the profile
3D Batix Extra 330


http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373243

Yesterday I went to the local hobby shop in Nasa Odessy Hobby. I bought the Eflight 370 thinking my 28-30B was too heavy for it.

Now I have 2 choices I guess..
I also bought a new charger because I burned my new Smart charger 2500 by using a 6/2 car battery charger. Ooooppsss !!

So, I bought the Hobbico Quich Field Charger mk2 at 60 dollars. It's a nice one!! You can charge 2 batteries at one time.

I spent 180 dollars on some nesesary field equiptment, I just had to have.

My Extra 330 profile is ready for the electrics.. let's see how the 370 moves it I guess.. Thanks for the input..
Ouch, I wish you hadn't got the hobbico Mk2, but since you did, after charging 1 lipo battery, check the battery with a multimeter, if it reads less than 4.2volts per cell... take it back and return the charger.... I bought one for my first charger, and found out that it wasn't actually fully charging my batterys.... (the chargeing 2packs at once is a nice gimic that sold me on it) after charging with mine, I would put it on another charger and it would charge another 10-15%

as far as nimh charging goes on that charger... it didn't do a good job on that either....

For lipo's you want a Balance charger....

Here's a very good balance charger... it will do lipo/nimh/nicad
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...lancer/Charger

this lead works with that turnigy charger... and will allow you to charge (2) 3cell packs at once....
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ead_(2_x_3S)6S_


SK

Last edited by ministeve2003; 01-24-2009 at 07:24 PM.
ministeve2003 is offline  
Old 01-25-2009, 01:36 AM
  #30  
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane
Thread Starter
 
Cdr. Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 487
Default

Shoot !!!


I will return it tomorrow. You can't beat the price of that Turnigy at 30 dollars less than what I payed.



I'm about 80% finished with my Extra 330 profile. i should redo the landing gear. With the 10 x 4.7 slow fly prop, there's only a clearance of about 3/4 of an inch. i know that as soon as the tail lifts off the ground the prop will strike the payment. Yeah, the plans called for a fake landing gear, but I went with real 1 inch wheels and rudder wheel. It looks good.

Tomorrow, I will return the charger and order one on-line. that means i will have to wait on any flying to be had.. Darn!!



I'll post some pictures of my progress on a new thread later tonight..

Thanks.
Cdr. Instigator is offline  
Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 AM
  #31  
CHELLIE
Super Contributor
 
CHELLIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hesperia, So. Calif
Posts: 19,255
Default

Originally Posted by Cdr. Instigator View Post
Shoot !!!


I will return it tomorrow. You can't beat the price of that Turnigy at 30 dollars less than what I payed.



I'm about 80% finished with my Extra 330 profile. i should redo the landing gear. With the 10 x 4.7 slow fly prop, there's only a clearance of about 3/4 of an inch. i know that as soon as the tail lifts off the ground the prop will strike the payment. Yeah, the plans called for a fake landing gear, but I went with real 1 inch wheels and rudder wheel. It looks good.

Tomorrow, I will return the charger and order one on-line. that means i will have to wait on any flying to be had.. Darn!!



I'll post some pictures of my progress on a new thread later tonight..

Thanks.
Maybe you can just get some taller front wheels for it
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=DUB250MS

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=DUB300MS




CHELLIE is offline  
Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 AM
  #32  
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane
Thread Starter
 
Cdr. Instigator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 487
Default

Yeah, I'm using the 1.5" I think. What I did wrong was throwing away the print out after I had cut all the pattern in the FFF. instead of printing out another plan or even just opening up the pdf file on my lap top, I just eye balled it and they came out too short by about an inch. I just finished undoing one of the wheels and what I'm going to do is add a 2.5in. extension of carbon rod to the landing gear. i will finish it off by adding the pant and skirts. I have started cutting the pieces and I'll finish it of hopefully tomorrow.

I powered it on just to configure my control surfaces and everything is a go.. The only thing I lack is a charger since I will return the new one tomorrow and will have to wait till I receive the one "Ministeve" suggested..
Cdr. Instigator is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Saucerguy2
Foamies
663
05-15-2009 02:37 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Off Topic Chit Chat
202
03-24-2009 05:24 AM
Jettlagg
Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
3
02-05-2009 03:13 AM
John Boy
Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
23
04-02-2008 06:57 PM
hookedonflyin
Foamies
1
03-16-2007 11:18 AM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Quick Reply: Talk about Amazing scratch builds..


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.09681 seconds with 14 queries