VIDEO: MIG-29 - Vectored Thrust Maneuvers - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

VIDEO: MIG-29 - Vectored Thrust Maneuvers

Old 08-17-2008, 05:52 AM
sgf323

Thumbs up VIDEO: MIG-29 - Vectored Thrust Maneuvers

Here's a video of my RC Powers MIG-29. It has vectored thrust and is capable of some pretty crazy maneuvers! This video is highlights from (4) 8 minute flights. After filming this video I found out that I could do a vectored flip while in a banking turn but haven't gotten video of that yet.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trptlopV90E[/media]
Let me know what you think of my flying!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Airhead
Redneck Member

Hey SGF,
Wow is all I can say. The recovery alone from those particular manuvers is very well done. When my planes make moves like that they usually go home in a green trashbag.
Nice landings too..
And the cameraman did a heck of a job keeping up with you. Great job... Looking forward to some more of your films.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:13 AM
sgf323

I can't take all the credit for the recovery. It's the design of this plane that makes it look so easy.

The recovery is helped out a lot by the use of spoilerons. Because of the aileron's position vs the CG spoilerons actually pitch the plane up rather than spoil the lift. Deploying them after flipping acts like a parachute and basically rights the plane. Then, you just give it throttle to get your speed back up and take the spoilerons off once you've got enough air speed.

I also have a switch to mix the spoilerons with the elevator to add lift while banking since too much elevator with the vectored thrust can quickly drop your airspeed.

I'll definitely be taking more videos. Here's another of the F-117 but with a different cameraman. Make sure to watch 1:05 for the insane roll rates!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwK9v-Nklg[/media]

Here's another of the MIG. None of the Highlights video is from this one. The Highlights video is mostly from my videos labeled Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and a bit from another that I didn't post because it was so short.

Make sure to watch around 4:06 in this one for a nice high altitude hovering'ish maneuver! (The wind helped out a bit!)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO6QA5SK3LY[/media]