Price of Lipo Batterys - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Price of Lipo Batterys

Old 02-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Emilinoz

Default Price of Lipo Batterys

Were do people buy their Lipo batterys from and how much are you paying.Here in Australia i found i do most of my Lipo Battery buying from Hobbyking,you pay a 1/4 of the price from them compared to buying from your local hobby shop.I mostly buy Turnigy,and Zippy brands as most other brands you can only get from International warehouse.On average i pay $30 to my front door,wich is very good value and the lipos are Genuine and have a warranty.Over here in Western Australia you would pay $80 Aus for a 2200mah,some places even more.I usually have to wait on postage from Hobbyking about 4-5days delivery,ide rather wait for them rather than paying through the nose.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:03 AM
birdDog
Charging....

I am very happy with Zippy brand. Even though I have many choices available, my last few purchases have been Zippy.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Emilinoz

Yeah i like the Zippys as well,they are good priced and i havent yet had any probs with them. I use to run 4cell 3000mah /20c. Has anyone noticed the jump in price at Hobbyking if say you want a Battery IE; 2200mah - 20c but then want another with a higher C rateing,one particular brand ive noticed a jump in price of $8.00.I really think that paying for a Higher C Rated Battery is Robbery.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:30 PM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

A 20c 2200may battery is only good for 44 amps continuous. A 30c would be 66 amps. The higher amp rating means better grade of Lipo cells. If you need more then 44 amps, you want the higher c.