Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-16-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
FlyerInOkc

Friends: (1)
Default Purchasing thru DHGate.com

Has anyone here purchased any of these motors and ESC combos? I would like to know if they are any good. I was looking for an inexpensive setup for a 42" Dumas DH-89a kit. This kit ws designed for GWS gear boxes but I want to modify it for Outrunners. I'm a real electric noobie but I recently bought the Dumas DH-89 Dragon Rapide and an old Graupner Ju-52 Kit with brushed motors included so I about to immerse myself in electric flying.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/f0197...arl|4267998648

Any flight allowing the reuse of the aircraft is a good flight!
Old 08-16-2017, 11:57 PM   #2
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery114
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (40)

I get most of my stuff from Headsup R/C out of Florida. Reasonable prices, good data, and they ship quickly. Haven't gotten anything from dhgate.

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don
Old 08-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
FlyerInOkc

Thanks for the reply Don!

Old 08-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

Friends: (8)

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
I get most of my stuff from Headsup R/C out of Florida. Reasonable prices, good data, and they ship quickly. Haven't gotten anything from dhgate.
I second, third and fourth that recommendation!

Registered drone offender FA377YHFNC
Old 08-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
FlyerInOkc

Thank you!

Old 08-19-2017, 02:21 AM   #6
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Friends: (12)

Absolutely Heads Up R/C! Especially for a motor package for a twin. I learned my lesson on twins several years back. I had a matched pair of off brand El Cheapo motors that I tried on a plans built twin. Fought a yaw problem for the longest time. Only after I swapped the motors side for side did I find that the motors were crap and even though they were stamped the same KV they weren't. The yaw moved to the other side after swapping. They both went in the trash and a new pair of Scorpion 2212-22's went in and the plane flys great! Based on everything else I've bought from HURC I wouldn't hesitate to buy motors too if I wasn't already overstocked with Scorpions.

HURC is easily the best of the best of online R/C shops when it comes to customer service and honesty. Something sadly missing in the hobby anymore.

Joe

The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....
Old 11-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #7
FlyerInOkc

Well I took you word for it and placed an order with Heads Up R/C today. The Rapide will have the following power system:

2X Emax CF2805 with stick aluminum mounts
2X Sky Power 20 A ESC with Switchmode BEC (The 12A was out of stock so I went a step higher, I can always swap them later)
2X Pop Adapter with conical nut to simulate a spinner. (I would have liked push on GWS rubber spinner but those a hard to find)
2X APC 7X6 props
1X inexpensive 130 Watt Meter (Just so I have one. I have 2 electric projects now and I'm sure there will be more in the future so it may come in handy.)
My other electric project is a Graupner JUnkers JU-52 it came with the motors and I already have the ESC for it.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:51 AM   #8
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I think you'll be VERY happy with your order. The ONLY problem I've ever had with HURC is that they once sent me an extra servo and didn't charge me for it. I e-mailed them about it and they told me the extra paperwork wasn't worth the effort and to just keep it! Granted it was only a $5 servo but it was the personal and quite comical response from them that convinced me that I was dealing with some of the best people out there.

Don't forget to look at their servos in the future! For 20 years I was a died in the wool Hitec servo dude until I started picking up servos from HURC. I've since put those "low dollar" servos in planes that I REALLY didn't want to crash with no issues whatsoever. I just can't see paying "high dollar" anymore. Sorry Hitec........

Joe

Old 11-15-2017, 05:31 AM   #9
FlyerInOkc

I have been looking at them which model do you recommend? Their servo prices are great!

Old 11-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #10
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Originally Posted by FlyerInOkc View Post
I have been looking at them which model do you recommend? Their servo prices are great!
I really like the Emax servos. I bought a few way back just to see if they were any good. Loved 'em. I use a lot of the ES08's in standard (8 gram) and metal gear (12 gram). Even the digital versions work really well in a helicopter. Probably have 25+ of the ES08 variants now.

The 19 gram metal gear servos are perfect for larger birds or where you need a lot of torque. Great replacement for HS-81, 82 or 85.

Joe

Old 11-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #11
FlyerInOkc

Thanks for the information Joe!

Old 11-16-2017, 12:05 AM   #12
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Glad I could help but don't stop at what I happen to like. I also have some of the Power Up servos and they have been trouble free as well. I hear the Tower Pro's are good stuff too.

I'm 100% convinced that Heads Up won't carry anything that they wouldn't trust in their own airplanes. If they did they wouldn't have the absolutely rabid customer following that they have. Killer customer service, great prices and cheap shipping. It just doesn't get much better. HURC and Tower Hobbies are the only places I order from and actually feel good about spending money afterwards.

Joe

Old 11-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #13
FlyerInOkc

Hey Joe, I mailed a USPS money order and the postal service estimated delivery today. HURC sent me an email letting me know they received the payment today right on time with a note saying another email was coming with shipping information. HURC is johnny on the spot just as you predicted. I think my next order is going to be servos for my Graupner Junker JU-52 kit and the Dumas DH-89a Dragon Rapide kit. At their prices I can buy 8 ES08AII servos for slightly more the cost of 2 Futaba S3114 servos which I normally use.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #14
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Glad to see you're getting to experience what makes the rest of us so happy with HURC. Just ask Chellie. She's the biggest HURC supporter by far. Her raves about them is what got me to give them a look see a few years ago. The rest is history.

The metal gear ES08's were on sale a few days ago for $3.95!!! I should have grabbed some more even though I don't need them. Even at normal price of $4.95 c'mon, how can you beat that deal! I need to see if those metal gears will fit in my pile of HS-65HB's. I can buy three of these servos for less than one Hitec metal gear replacement set......

Joe

Old 11-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #15
FlyerInOkc

OK This blows my mind. I placed an order and mail a USPS Mo on 11/14, payment arrived at HURC on 1/17. HURC emails me they have the payment on 11/17 then emails me on Saturday 11/18 they are shipping. I get the package today on 11/20. I used the cheapest shipping and didn't expect until this coming Friday! I think I just found my goto mail order hobby shop!

Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 PM   #16
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Joe

Old 11-21-2017, 01:09 AM   #17
clarinetjd

Friends: (0)

HURC is easily the best of the best of online R/C shops when it comes to customer service and honesty. Something sadly missing in the hobby anymore.

Joe[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree that HURC is the best shop around today. Fantastic customer service!!!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems