Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

FMS and their new importers

Old 04-14-2016, 12:58 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Konrad, all of us are volunteers on the site and have nothing to do with IB nor do we represent them in any way shape or form. We do enforce our long standing TOS and do our best to maintain a friendly site where folks treat other civilly.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:33 AM
Konrad
E-Flight Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
Konrad, all of us are volunteers on the site and have nothing to do with IB nor do we represent them in any way shape or form. do our best to maintain a friendly site where folks treat other civilly.
Say what??? IB is the holder of the site at least that is my take as to what that notice on the bottom of the page means, IB is the umbrella organization. So as you are the mods/volunteer/ worker enforcer or whatever, you are an agent by default. Agent is not a derogatory word! lawyers are agents of the court, OK that wasn't a good example, but I hope you get the idea.

Please define TOS(terms of service?). I'm truly surprised (pleased) that you "volunteers" are free to express your opinions as freely as you have. I consider this a true mark of leadership on IB's part to allow the truth to be aired regardless of the market response.

What drove this response from you? Is there an issue I'm not aware of? If you want to take this off line I more than understand. But since you posted this I have to ask why this; "do our best to maintain a friendly site where folks treat other civilly".

All the best,
Konrad
Old 04-14-2016, 01:51 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

I was under the impression that RC Universe was the parent operation here.......and this statement from the CEO may explain the open philosophy here at Wattflyer....:

"We are often asked by advertisers to remove posts made by members in our discussion forum because the posts are objectionable to the advertiser. One might imagine that the decision to remove a post would be an easy one for a publisher that depends upon its advertisers for revenue. In point of fact that is not the case. Because the issue of censorship is such a complex one, we have created a policy which we believe is fair to both advertisers and members, who desire their words to be heard without interference by commercial interests.

In an area colored mostly in shades of gray, there are certain black and white rules we can apply: All patently false or defamatory statements will be removed as soon as possible after we become aware of them.
  • All other posts which are challenged by any party (commercial or not) will be examined to determine whether they make false or defamatory statements. If the posts do not contain such statements, those posts will be permitted, regardless of whether the objecting party believes they are damaging.
In his works defending free speech, Ben Franklin wrote;
"The opinions people have are almost as various as their faces. The job of printers is to allow people to express these differing opinions. There would be very little printed if publishers produced only things that offended nobody. Printers are educated in the belief that when men differ in opinion, both sides ought equally to have the advantage of being heard by the public; and that when Truth and Error have fair play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter. It is unreasonable to imagine that printers approve of everything they print. It is likewise unreasonable what some assert, that printers ought not to print anything but what they approve; since ... an end would thereby be put to free writing, and the world would afterwards have nothing to read but what happened to be the opinions of printers."
As a publisher of other peoples' opinions, we are quite similar to printers in Ben Franklin's day. We also believe that the underlying wisdom in his words provides a sound foundation for our policies. The very fact that we DO NOT interfere with the free expression of our members is what makes RCUniverse a desireable place to post such expressions. Without that activity, there would be nobody to which our vendors' advertisements could be directed. The opportunity to present one's products to a large and interested audience comes with the risk that a member of that audience will be dissatisified with the product. Whether right or wrong, that person has a right (on RCU) to express their opinion and experiences, provided their account is truthful. Likewise, any party disagreeing with that person has the right to voice their opinions. In the end, we have found that the truth about good products is always "an overmatch" for the negative posts.

The policy we keep is by no means one-sided. To the contrary, it fosters many benefits for commercial advertisers. In our experience, a manufacturer who professionally and politely engages a dissatisfied customer can often turn that customer into a lifelong spokesperson for the company. Moreover, astute manufacturers and retailers often use feedback they find on RCUniverse as a barometer of their performance in the market. Before the Internet, vendors had to rely on letters and word of mouth to determine whether their products and services were meeting the mark. Today, the Internet provides a powerful and immediate source of valuable feedback for those willing to listen.
It is with these views in mind that RCUniverse maintains its policies toward potentially upsetting posts in the forum and looks forward to maintaining its status as the largest online RC community in the world."

Michael S. Kranitz, CEO
Marc Vigod, President
Old 04-14-2016, 02:05 AM
Konrad
E-Flight Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
I was under the impression that RC Universe was the parent operation here.......and this statement from the CEO may explain the open philosophy here at Wattflyer....:

Michael S. Kranitz, CEO
Marc Vigod, President
Pizzano,
Do you have a date for the quote you reference? IB recently bought WF, RCU, within the last 2 years (I think).

Like I said I was impressed that Pat was allowed to say what he did about Horizon Hobbies.

I'm not sure what all the angst is about.

All the best,
Konrad
Old 04-14-2016, 02:14 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Go to the top of any page here, click RC Universe, scroll though the right hand index........and you'll find.......:

RCUniverse is a service of Internet Brands, Inc. Copyright © 2001-2016

No mention of Wattflyer........However, scroll down to the bottom of any page here and you'll find RCU EFlight HQ......from there have fun...!
Old 04-14-2016, 02:37 AM
Konrad
E-Flight Enthusiast

Gentle Reader,
You know I really don't give a damn about the organizational structure of this form. I was trying to make a compliment as to the management structure of WF. IT WON"T HAPPEN AGAIN!

Enough said on the topic in public. If you want the low down on the drag out fight PM me.

All the best,
Konrad

Last edited by Konrad; 04-14-2016 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:43 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

By the way, Michael S. Kranitz, CEO and Marc Vigod, President.........are both associated with an ENet advertising and commericial marketing firm known as Kaango.......Crunch Base....as well...!

I'm done.......was stimulating........
Old 04-14-2016, 02:45 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Nope we ain't agents of IB. Secret or otherwise.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:18 AM
Konrad
E-Flight Enthusiast

Nope we ain't agents of IB. Secret or otherwise.
Gentle reader,
Secret? Now are we going into conspiracy theories. Really what is the problem, tell us who the owners are if this is such an issue with you? Really!!!

All the best,
Konrad
Old 04-14-2016, 04:14 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Sorry, you're not in the know or you would know the secret is there is no secret, and the other secrets are that we're not agents, nor management, nor IB employees, nor site owners. If I told you this stuff then you would be in the know but it's a secret so at least pretend you didn't read this and perpetuate the secret.

We are folks who like electric flight and enjoy hanging out here on WF.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:45 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

"We are folks who like electric flight and enjoy hanging out here on WF"...........Shhhhhhhh, don't tell anybody.........
Old 04-14-2016, 05:13 AM
Konrad
E-Flight Enthusiast

Sorry, you're not in the know or you would know the secret is there is no secret, and the other secrets are that we're not agents, nor management, nor IB employees, nor site owners. If I told you this stuff then you would be in the know but it's a secret so at least pretend you didn't read this and perpetuate the secret.

We are folks who like electric flight and enjoy hanging out here on WF.
Gentle Reader,
Typical self aggrandizing Mod! Really as a person who can wield power you must avoid looking like a ....

I have to say I have enjoyed high powered electric flight since the 1986. With post like what we got from this Administrator (top of the page)I can't say WF is an enjoyable place to hang out.

I'll try to give WF a fair chance, as I like to help out folks get the most from this fine hobby, but with the low participation there really is little point in reading about "Don's bike rides".

You might want to look at why this site has lost so many active posters. I think it can be directly related to moderation policies, but who knows.

It is a shell of the site I first joined in 2007!

All the best,
Konrad
Old 04-14-2016, 05:18 AM
Konrad
E-Flight Enthusiast

Gentle reader,
It has been brought to my attention that I "may" have used the term "Agent" improperly. In the example of a lawyer being an agent of the court, it really should have been that a lawyer is an officer of the court. I profusely apologizes for the error!

Mea culpa,
Konrad