Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Budget Coaxial cannot hover after crash

Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 PM
pace_likethesalsa
wheeee!

Default Budget Coaxial cannot hover after crash

Santa brought me a nifty little 4 channel RTF helicopter, but my heli experience is pretty low, so I went out and grabbed a little indoor 3 channel coaxial to practice on.

Last night, I crashed it, and knocked off the dog bones that connect the flybar to the top blades. I reinstalled them, it looks good, and the system looks symemetrical, so it shouldn't matter if they're attached backwards.

Anyways, now, when I try to just start hovering, the heli will elevate a few inches, then it starts to drift backwards and towards it's right side. Half a second later it starts correcting, swerving forward heavily and rotating, then the blades strike.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? Any common problems that would cause such symptoms? It's a pretty cheap indoor flyer, but I'd like to get a bit more life out of it if possible.

I have a video uploading now... Link will be http://youtu.be/3dwvOJDDRpc

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 AM
biznak

from when it is still, it looks like one side of the flybar is heavier than the other, check to see if the weight is still in the bulge of the flybar, considering it doesn't seem to shake to bad it might not be that, or the weights are just pretty light, anyways it should all be perfectly balanced
Old 01-15-2014, 04:07 PM
rcbuildernoob

Yea i had a coaxial do that to me once turned out to be a a long big wire was shifted of to one side put it back into the middle and it worked fine. Happened when i tested out the range of a double horse 9074 went about 75 up lost signal dropped about 10-20 feet and was nose down when got signal back tried to give it full reveres to bring it lvl again but didnt want to until it was about 20 feet off the ground and it slowly arched back to normal but by then it was goin mach one and slammed into a 3 foot fence luckiy only the wire came losse and the main blade grip broke easy 3 dollar fix great thing about cheap helis =)