Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Nijet2 - Own Design

Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Nijet2 - Own Design

Nijet was never a success ages ago ... the weight was too high and the overall form was eye-catching but didn't perform as expected. Roll on about 4 years and I have another Nijet idea ...

Nijet(1) was originally to be a small model but with a 70mm EDF in it to produce a ballistic model .. which then became a pusher prop machine. UGH !! Nice looking but a failure.

Nijet2 is part built now and I have sat pondering how to power it ..... and the idea of twin 40 - 50mm EDF's ... one each side of fuselage (F15 style) under the wing root. There is a new 40mm 4S EDF unit in HK that looks interesting and IF it delivers even 1/2 what it claims - a pair would push this baby well ....

Old 05-27-2019, 10:55 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Twin 50's is a great idea. Looking good from the top view so far.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:00 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

My Concorde twin made for the comp we had a few years back - goes well on twin 50's and is a lot heavier than this Nijet2 will be.

I did consider whether to test the new versions of 30 ... 40mm EDF's now coming out that seem to claim high thrust figures. That would give me a test bed plan for my later large Vulcan.