RC Lander edf thoughts. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

RC Lander edf thoughts.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:58 AM
bbqflyer

Default RC Lander edf thoughts.

I'm looking at growing my edf hanger and I've stumbled upon these rc lander jets thru fanjetsusa.com. I like the looks of the 64mm t45 and the 70mm f9f8 cougar. I've found several videos online but not a lot about how good they are or what not. Does anyone have any experience with rc lander or fanjetsusa?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
ckankel

RC Lander EDF models are more expensive than some other brands, but they have a reputation for being some of the best foam EDFs available. Their fan/motor combos are top notch with a great sound. Freewing also make great EDF models that are more affordable than Landers and tend to be bigger 90mm or twin 70mm models. The only thing I don't like about Freewing is they use EPS foam which dents when you look at it wrong but a coat of WBPU helps with that. Their fan/motor combos and other components are solid but not the same quality as Lander. I have the Eurofighter and the new monster SU-35 from Freewing and they are both great planes. Still, I'm planning on getting a Lander F-16 fully loaded to help prepare myself for a Yellow Aircraft F-16 I bought recently.

I haven't dealt with fanjets USA but I think they're pretty reputable. Another US vendor with a great reputation for support and information is Park RC Models. That's where I'm planning on getting my Lander from.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 AM
bbqflyer

Hey thanks for the info! It's what I was hoping to hear. I'm seriously looking at their 70mm cougar or the t45. I've not really heard of freewing I'll have to look into them as well. Again thanks
Old 04-06-2012, 01:22 PM
startazz

Yep they are a good model with out any doubt and the F9F Panther is a sweet plane an flies really well IMHO.

The best deals i could fine for the F9F Panther was over at Hobbyking.com as they have a few different set ups you can get,from a Kit up to a PnP and they also sell the F9F-8 Cougar which is also a another good buy and i doubt you would fine it cheaper.

If you do go over to HK to look at one or even buy one make sure the one you pick is the Lander version because they also sell the same models made by some one else,i'm sure you know this but the Lander jets will have the alloy fan unit in theres and the others won't have,plus if you look at the reviews under the price tag some people will say that they are the Lander jets.

I'll leave a link to all the HK EDF's that way you can find the ones you want,oh they do a few different colour ones to which are also Lander.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...T-EDF_JET.html
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
bbqflyer

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think to look at HK. I may now have to put it off a month or so as I was at my lhs and bought a HL F86 they had on sale. But I'll definitely check out the edf's at HK because I still want a cougar AND a t45!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
startazz

Yeah i know what it's like when you go into your LHS i've just got another Lander F9F on it's way from HK as at there prices i couldn't resist on getting another one ( don't tell her indoors that i already have this one) but this time i'm going to try the 4s alloy fan unit that Hobbyking sell on it's own and put in a CS 10 bladed fan unit in it,also available at HK.

I'll be posting my set up and findings on the F9F thread if i can find it again as i'm useless at finding the thread i want.