Thanks Horizon. - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thanks Horizon.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 PM
NFA Fabrication

Originally Posted by MX5Seeker View Post
NFA Fabrication,

So with your Apprentice, you had no servo or pushrod issues? Does you rudder/nose gear servo move as quickly as your elevator servo?
I had the same issue. Mine ended up being because whoever assembled it, and glued in the tube for the front wheel control wire, got the glue all over the rod, and it glued into the tube. When i operated it for the first time, it was binding, and eventually ended up ripping the tube out. I ended up replacing the whole front control line. Not fun since that part was clearly assembled before the firewall was glued on...
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM
MX5Seeker
Glad to be here...

I will check the path for the sleeves and see if it can be straightened any. I also read on another forum that sillicon spray in the sleeve will help. Any comments on that idea?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:07 PM
bbqflyer

Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
NO! NO! NO! Pour boiling water over it and it will "pop" out! Don't cover it up with some , fix it! Very easy.
Don
Seriously this works? Sweet! if it does. Do you then put some ca in it to seal it? Does this work on all or most foams? Sorry I know I may sound like an idiot.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:06 PM
MX5Seeker
Glad to be here...

I pulled the rod to the rudder out of the sleeve and sprayed it with sillicon, then put it back in place. It works well now and the rudder is just barely off of a return to neutral on both sides. I think that's workable.

As for the nose gear, well NFA Fabrication called it. Take a look at the point where the rod enters the sleeve.

Guess I'll be calling HH again Monday...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Control rod 2 resize.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	158744  
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 PM
NFA Fabrication

Originally Posted by MX5Seeker View Post
I pulled the rod to the rudder out of the sleeve and sprayed it with sillicon, then put it back in place. It works well now and the rudder is just barely off of a return to neutral on both sides. I think that's workable.

As for the nose gear, well NFA Fabrication called it. Take a look at the point where the rod enters the sleeve.

Guess I'll be calling HH again Monday...
Sorry to hear that mine wasn't the only one. But glad the tip helped you locate your issue. I am not overall displeased with HH, Great products overall, Just a few hiccups that can take the fun out of it sometimes.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
MX5Seeker
Glad to be here...

NFA Fabrication,

What did you use on yours? A solid Du-bro rod? And how did you get the old one out? The only way I can see is to cut off the angle bend at the nose gear arm.

Got any pictures of your mod?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:54 PM
javier668

.....Horizon send a new spare only when you Live in USA, i have a lot of stuff from them and never send any to my country, when the things go bad.
They only send stupid or obvious replies.
The only solution is buy a new spare part.

Regards!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
MX5Seeker
Glad to be here...

Talked to Horizon twice yesterday. They say they are going to make this right. I'll let everyone know.