If you don't participate in a club, or at an AMA flying field, we;d like to know why - Page 5 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

If you don't participate in a club, or at an AMA flying field, we;d like to know why

Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 AM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

I showed up to a meeting, they made fun of how slow and under powered my mini ultra stick was, and how stupid I was for screwing around with a $25 gws foamie slow stick. And that was before they even saw either one. My mus would hit at least 60mph my dad guessed 80mph. They also told me that I had to stay 100ft away from the pits. Most of my flying with the slow stick is less then that. They also wouldn't let me fly off the runway, or use the pits because its for gas planes. They also want you to have two people there at all times.

I'll drive the extra 10 minutes and go to the salt flats. Its got a better run way, I can land downwind and practice crosswind touch and goes all day long, and I can lean on my car and use mu hood for the pits.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

By the looks of the posts here, it looks like clubs are their own worst enemies: politics, rules, ego trips, contempt for beginners. All the things that have kept me out of clubs for more than 60 years. I have belonged to groups interested in building and flying models, and had a great time with them, including all the camaraderie found in organised clubs. Simple enough, but why is it that clubs AND club members don't see this? Why NOT give a beginner a helping hand (rather than a backhand) when he shows up at the field? Look through these posts gents, do you see yourself in any of the scenarios? If you don't then you just ain't looking hard enough.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
...Look through these posts gents, do you see yourself in any of the scenarios? If you don't then you just ain't looking hard enough.
Well, let's not condemn everybody. There are lots of good people out there that do help newcomers, club or not.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:26 PM
bbqflyer

Wow a lot of club and AMA haters here!!! By the sounds of it though, there's good reason. I am obviously one of a very small group as my local club, which is AMA chartered, is a great field. I fly all electrics and have never been judged by any of the old glo'ers. I do fly in my neighborhood and in a large lot down the street at a nearby church for when I feel like not going to the field which is 15 minutes away. But at the field I've always been able to find someone to help with a question or problem I was having, and even helped a few out myself. Our club organizes indoor flys during the winter at a local school for free, we just bring donations for the local food pantry. Safety rules at a field are a no brainer, especially with some of the giant scale and crazy fast aircraft that many bring, and when the airspace gets crowded with 72mhz, we don't really regulate 2.4 there's no need. NO one has ever been turned away at our club, nor bashed for what they want to fly. We "wow" at how loud some of the gassers are and others "wow" at how quiet some of our electrics fly. Heck many of the old timers have converted to electric as well. I will say I'm glad I have not had the experiences many of you have had, at least not yet!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

My dad wants to try one of his old clubs. Him and my grandpa put up a lot of money for a feild that the ama and the utah parks department were supposed to upkeep. Because of how much they contributed, they gave them a free flying for life membership. The utah parks department decided that the aiplanes were too loud to be around the approaching housing, so instead they tore up the 1300ft runway, and turned it into an atv park. I guess planes are too loud, but motorcycles and offroad vehicles are not.

The new feild is supposed to be in the middle of a wetlands wildlife refuge, but a bunch of enviormetalists don't want the feild to be put there. We have heard nothing new in about 3 years. If they do build the new feild, it would be about a 5 minute drive from my house.

So basically, we traded a new nice feild that was just finished in 1991, for a pile of dirt to keep noise down, and now the "new" feild is supposed to be in the middle of a wetlands refuge. The reason why they are fighting it so hard, is because only 1% of utah is wetlands. Its also 90% of our unique species of plants and animals.

Basically, a combonation of the ama and the government, screwed us over again. And I'll bet in another 10 years, the exact same story will play out.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

What I said, Turner, was "do you see yourself in any of the scenarios". I was not suggesting that we here are all culprits, just that we have all been there. I have seen many clubs who re-elect the bozos, partly because it is an uphill fight to get them out, and common sense in. I have seen it all before: someone gets a nice little space going flying gliders, electrics, or SYS, and along come the ego trippers and immediately destroy the painstaking work of the original group. What to do? We tried finding new spots, we tried having limits, we tried negotiation, we tried threats, and still lost every quiet site to the bozo brigade.

There were people in that club who could see what was happening, and let it. Those are as much of the problem because they won't become part of the solution. After awhile, I quit trying, and after a move, I don't care. The Club still exists, but they left behind a trail of upset neighbours, school boards, and municipal officials, to the detriment of the park fliers and sailplaners in the area. Really, is that what this hobby is about? The feeding of big egos?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 PM
fmw

I guess I wouldn't join some of the clubs described here. I've never seen any of it. our club has electrics and slimers together all the time. Many of our members fly 50CC gassers and small, cheap electric wings on the same day. Most of us are impressed when somebody puts together a home built foamie for $30 in parts and flies it elegantly at the field. Many of us are electric only. We tend to chide the slimers who deal with oil and smell and mess and engines that stop during flight. they laugh along with us. We appreciate good scale flight, good aerobatics and 3D. I'm not aware of any politics in the management of the club. We change Presidents every year. The rules are pretty simple, you can read them in the AMA regulations. The only things that gets comments are flying from in front of the flight line and flying behind the flight line. Those comments are usually friendly. "Step back a little will you Joe." "Oops. Good, you've got her under control now."

I'm amazed that so many other clubs have become ego trips for people. I thought the concept was to enjoy flying model aircraft. That's the concept at our club, anyway.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:18 PM
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Exclamation Come to Florida! Titusville, Florida and visit MOON PORT MODELERS!

Originally Posted by fmw View Post
I guess I wouldn't join some of the clubs described here. I've never seen any of it. our club has electrics and slimers together all the time. Many of our members fly 50CC gassers and small, cheap electric wings on the same day. Most of us are impressed when somebody puts together a home built foamie for $30 in parts and flies it elegantly at the field. Many of us are electric only. We tend to chide the slimers who deal with oil and smell and mess and engines that stop during flight. they laugh along with us. We appreciate good scale flight, good aerobatics and 3D. I'm not aware of any politics in the management of the club. We change Presidents every year. The rules are pretty simple, you can read them in the AMA regulations. The only things that gets comments are flying from in front of the flight line and flying behind the flight line. Those comments are usually friendly. "Step back a little will you Joe." "Oops. Good, you've got her under control now."

I'm amazed that so many other clubs have become ego trips for people. I thought the concept was to enjoy flying model aircraft. That's the concept at our club, anyway.

Ego Trips are for birds!

I have been a member of the best RC Club in Florida since 2003.

Nope, the president has not changed as far as I can recall but, that's because everyone votes him in time and time again. He is a very people oriented person and an excellent Test Pilot and check-out buddy.

We have had different Officer posts throughout the years but, we keep our President in office for a number of reasons and the best that I can recall is because of what I just posted above.

The RC Club is known as MOON PORT MODELERS RC CLUB in Titusville, Florida. It is right off Interstate 95 (I-95) at the State Road 50 exit. Look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth. Additionally, you can look up this club within the AMA search club routine.

We have all kinds of RC models. Of course back in 2003 when I joined there was only one other Electric RC Airplane flyer besides myself and that was a fine gentleman named George. As time when on others in the RC Club slowly came over to the Electric side and some even sold all of their Glow RC Airplane models and some maintained their best Glow and acquired lots of Electrics. One major reason for going to Electric was because we are adjacent to a residential community and for Glow you need to wait until 8:00am until you can start the Glow Engine. Electrics has no limit unless you come with a very loud Wing or EDF Jet.

Most recently, the members of Moon Port has put down and invested a very significant Runway improvement such as this textile "Simulated Asphalt" runway: (Now all of us are bringing the EDF Jets and my Space Shuttle powered by a 70mm EDF Power System is flying more regularly)

Old 04-08-2012, 05:11 PM
old grump

Default RC clubs

I used to belong to a large club , till i went all electric an club raised rates to $50 a year add that to AMA and it's $!00 to join . AS i have a large field behind my house and have two sons who assist me. I have to fly from an electric cart. (had a stroke) . And the club required electrics to fly only behind the parking lot. I Quit the club and am flying more than ever. They were a bunch of snobs any way. I had two old flying friends visiting from out of town,and they were not welcomed by the CLICK in the SNOB club. THAT was the straw that broke the camels back . THE OLD GRUMP
Old 04-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Turner
Super Contributor

What I said, Turner, was "do you see yourself in any of the scenarios". I was not suggesting that we here are all culprits, just that we have all been there. I have seen many clubs who re-elect the bozos, partly because it is an uphill fight to get them out, and common sense in. I have seen it all before: someone gets a nice little space going flying gliders, electrics, or SYS, and along come the ego trippers and immediately destroy the painstaking work of the original group. What to do? We tried finding new spots, we tried having limits, we tried negotiation, we tried threats, and still lost every quiet site to the bozo brigade.

There were people in that club who could see what was happening, and let it. Those are as much of the problem because they won't become part of the solution. After awhile, I quit trying, and after a move, I don't care. The Club still exists, but they left behind a trail of upset neighbours, school boards, and municipal officials, to the detriment of the park fliers and sailplaners in the area. Really, is that what this hobby is about? The feeding of big egos?
Maybe I'm just lucky. I'm not a member of my local club but hope to be at some time in the future. Every time I have hung out at the field I see nothing but helpful and friendly people. Glow, electric, heli's, gliders. It doesn't seem to matter. I suppose there are some of "those types" involved but I haven't seen them. Seminole RC Club in Tallahassee Fla. An AMA Gold Leader Club, they seem to be what everyone would hope a club would be, at least from the outside.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:13 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

I'm sure envious, Turner, I have yet to meet a club like that. Maybe us Canadians are hard to get along with, but the other posts in here seem to indicate otherwise.

For instance, it would make no sense to join the club I fought for so long: Why would I pay $750 to join and $200/yr to belong? There is no way they would allow me to fly a 2-channel diesel on their hallowed site, and they told me so; buy a Laser or equivalent, build a model for it, then wait in line for us to teach you how to fly it (true story!). Sometimes it can be a year before an instructor is available!

Please value the clubs available to you, Turner, I just wish they weren't so rare in my area...
Old 04-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Leadchucker
Curmudgeon

Same club for 40 years, good bunch of people.....well mostly. It's hard to have any social group and not have a few buttheads.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Gofer303

I live 27 miles from the nearest club and just cant plain afford the driving. I can fly electric at work and it is only 3 miles away. This year I cant afford the 75 bucks for the privilege of driving all that way to fly everyday. I can drive or fly HMM....
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I'm sure envious, Turner, I have yet to meet a club like that. Maybe us Canadians are hard to get along with, but the other posts in here seem to indicate otherwise.

For instance, it would make no sense to join the club I fought for so long: Why would I pay $750 to join and $200/yr to belong? There is no way they would allow me to fly a 2-channel diesel on their hallowed site, and they told me so; buy a Laser or equivalent, build a model for it, then wait in line for us to teach you how to fly it (true story!). Sometimes it can be a year before an instructor is available!

Please value the clubs available to you, Turner, I just wish they weren't so rare in my area...
That is just so sad.

I'm another one of those lucky ones I suppose. We've got a beautiful facility that we take immaculate care of. Everyone seems to get along, dues are reasonable, locality is good... I sure do feel blessed to have the friends, club, and field that I do.

www.newportnewsrc.org
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	field.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	158855  
Old 04-13-2012, 03:25 AM
TLyttle
Super Contributor

As you should, Bill, as you should...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

weather should be perfect for flying Saturday,i desire to take the hog,slick and pkj's to the club field. like firemanbill's club,they are a good group to hangout and fly with,but the pkj's bungee launcher will have to be tied to the car roof....and if the day is like i think it Will be,they'll be no empty flight tables by 10am and will remain crowed till 3pm or later. this crowd will inhibit the use of the bungee as 3 planes will be flying at the same time all day long,and older pilots hold to pattern flying when it gets crowed.i enjoy flying up behind the slower pilots flying circles,and then do areo batics till they lap me where i fly around and behind them again...lol..i a challange.

i hope to send my parkjet on a speed run and use the bungee at some time during the day.i'm sure it will happen...but,

i put fellow club members needs before my own and do enjoy the friends I've made being part of an AMA required club. like bill,the field is great,and 20min drive away from home. the $200 join fees were worth it and the $65 yearly dues are fair since the place is well groomed,very large,and safe to fly bigger gassers. i can't wait to get some air time on the hog and slick........but i want the 100mph award here at wattflyer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	funjet ultra 228.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	158896  
Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

I have been fortunate to belong to two of the best Clubs in North Carolina. My first club was the "Po'boys Proptwisters" in Monroe NC and my current club the "Sandhills Model Airplane Club" in Cameron NC. Both clubs are full of wonderful, helpful, and super nice. They don't care what you fly. It could be a $20.00 Foamy to a $7000.00 200cc airplane. HAVE FUN, AND FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:39 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Big Johnny View Post
I have been fortunate to belong to two of the best Clubs in North Carolina. My first club was the "Po'boys Proptwisters" in Monroe NC and my current club the "Sandhills Model Airplane Club" in Cameron NC. Both clubs are full of wonderful, helpful, and super nice. They don't care what you fly. It could be a $20.00 Foamy to a $7000.00 200cc airplane. HAVE FUN, AND FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT.

That's just like mine. Fly whatever, all are welcome. Just last weekend I flew my 1/5th scale Top Flite Cessna and then a cheapie parkzone Super Cub on floats, old wore out, brushed motor, nothing fancy at all, and got applause when I landed it, I guess since it was on floats and I landed on the grass... lol

point is like Johnny says, cheap "toy" or $7000 "toy" they are all cool.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

had a great day at the club! the bungee launch was a hit! and the parkjet screaming around to gasps of guys who couldn't keep up with it's speed .they are were amazed how i fly em and don't loose orientation.

the safety officer made a few negative remarks at first regarding the bungee, partly joking...but i couldn't help but turn it all to laughs,he's really a very good pilot and bud at the field to all. he is taking a turn at policing pilots to fly right[saftey officer is an elected position on the board]....and there are pilots who need help obeying the rules. fact is ,if i could spend more time at the field,i would put my name in the mix for election to that position as i will let folks know if they are doing something dangerous or flying beyond the limits/boundries allowed .including their ability to fly.some guys need help when they are loosing control over planes their not ready to fly.or they set up as newbe pilot to fly on a windy day when everyone else has gone home..does anyone else care if a fellow pilot is loosing it in the air. i care a lot and won't stand by to watch them suffer loss if i know i could help.[if you call me cocky,pushy,or not minding my own bussness ,or thinking more highly of myself to be so bold...tough ! i don't care what pilots who don't care about others think]i care about all new pilots and old alike. i'm glad i'm in the company of members who also think like this so new pilots to the club feel welcomed and know we are a safety minded club.

i flew the funjet wot all over the place and have some bungee launch videos to share. one thing about my club...guy's[including me]don't do videoing very well. some how i need a way to film the screaming demons.

all in all,a very great day hanging with the gang flying.approx 15 pilots[not counting others hanging out to watch. all flight tables used. thats a good thing. i do miss flying on week days,thats when the older gang meets to fly in the morning. this weekend warrior stuff is for the birds.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 AM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

I didn't know it was a club members job to tell you your plane is beyond your limits. No wonder we all hear so many stories.

If I pony up the money to fly my plane, I plan on doing so. Those would be fighting words if you showed up to my flying feild.

I'll never forget when I was about 10, me and my dad went out to the salt flats, about 10 mph winds and a bunch of guys came over to see the plane my dad was unloading. It was a 40 sized avistar he had given to him. He threw on an old .40 motor that had a helicopter head and a bunch of other stuff like that he just had laying around. I walked arund looking at everyone elses planes while my dad was getting everything ready. I herd all the comments other people were throwing out. My dad even told a couple of people that he hadn't flown in about 10 years, just went out and bought a radio.

They all told him he was an idiot for thinking he could fly it like that, and that it was way too windy. It was funny when he told them all to start throwing out manuvers for him to do. After a couple of low inverted passes everyone was packed up and gone before he landed, and we had the whole feild to our selves for the rest of the day.

My grand father suffered from nerve damage. His cancer spread to his spinal cord and messed up all of his nerves. I remember people making fun of him for how he held the sticks with the palm of his hand and how bad his planes looked. He didn't like to fly infront of people, and generally had my dad take off for him because he didn't want to lose it infront of a crowd because he didn't have the sticks in the part of his hands that could still feel.

Helping someone out is one thing, preventing someone from doing what they love is another. We all know the risks involved with this hobby, and I don't see why anyone would sign up to put themselves in such a situation, especially not for a couple hundred a year. I think that's the real reason electrics have gotten so popular.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

guys,we all fly in totally different neighborhoods. some fly school yards with electrics,some at or near farm fields that surround their site for flying,salt flats[wow,thats real open space..lol],some on private property. others are squatters any place they can without owners knowledge.the thing is,just cause you gather with 50 guys at a field doesn't make a rule less club right or safe.or members who don't interveen when needed right.

I'm not sure your following our way of thinking. we have some 300 members flying helies and all type planes.everything from tiny foamys like my parkjets to huge 3d gassers that cost the owners many thousands to own and fly. i live 20 mins from nyc. that means fields are few and far between and membership to clubs are large numbers of all kinds of flyers. sure electrics can fly anywhere and I'd not get in anyone business how or where they fly....until they come to one of the best club fields in the area,our club RCRCC[Rockland county radio control club]. we have rules for reasons,its to protect the members safety, and the club from loosing the lease of the land from the county.

the lease cost is $1 a year.....sweet. our club has been been around for many years.we do many club sponsored events in the town of clarkstown for the kids and the town asks us to participate in holiday events..4th of July,clarktown fun day ..ect...ect. it is a privilege and an honor to be so well excepted by the local town. they own our field.they are awesome!

none of the board of directors get paid,not the president,or the vise president,not the treasurer,flight line director /safety officer,secretary of meeting minutes,member collector of dues for new members or yearly dues or the website manager.

for many a club is a group that just meets where land is plenty and rules are few. for our club where the local population in a small town of 1.99square miles is 176,000 people[Dumont,NJ] and where the "no fly zones"warning come up often when the president is in town[our zone is on the furthest fringe of the no fly,but we obey or could get shut down.

if someone gets hurt on our field ...law suit could be higher than AMA coverage....board of directors should have sufficient home owners insurance to supplement as each one could also be sued.bet you didn't know that as a church board member the same rule applies,where your church gets sued so can it's board of director be sue individually. don't worry though if you have home owners insurance.

so to all those who go to a beautiful field and have no one to worry about if a plane fly's away into the corn field,god bless you my friends. as for us ,a run away plane Will land in someones neighborhood or one of the largest malls in NY state.palisadeum mall NY is in view.

i never meant to make you think I'd come up threateningly telling folks what to do,but by my experience i know how to help folks learn the rules and fly smart. thats all we ask. all are welcome if your AMA,all are welcome ,beginners must show competence at the sticks to solo,good pilot are recognized by how they fly.

now try to grasp this concept if you will,bad pilots are easy to spot and need watching and help. if they don't want to be safe or care if they fly a dangerous plane or helie then the way it goes is this.....
screw up once we tell you whats wrong nicely,screw up again you get warned,the third time will result in suspension flying for a week. and if your a danger to the members or the locals,or your self.then go fly somewhere else. all great rules if you ask me . in conclusion,i wish i lived where i had all the space in the world to tear up the Sky's doing 180mph with a crazy fast plane.yes,i do wish i could use my field when no one else is there[no flying alone applies to everyone]..i can still do it in a school yard or local park,but not if i can't handle it or if i fly beyond the limits of the field or my own ability.

all just common sense that tends to offend those who have been bullied by a..hole clubs that exist everywhere...we'er just not one of them.

thanks for listening and i really hope i didn't offend anyone. if your ever in my nieghborhood,come fly as my guest and see what i mean. you are all welcome [just sign the waver...lol...really]

like i said ,i had a great day today..fun flying my ajslick,funjet,and parkjet. wish i had room for the hog,or glider,or any number of other birds that come with me......but as for today,it was a beautiful day!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:00 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

<LI class=g sb_id="ms__id473">Welcome to RCRCC

Stay tuned for upcoming events! Rockland County History. The Route 303 ...
contact RCRCCMAIL. RCRCC. PO Box 127. New City, NY 10956. AMA Charter
428 ...
www.rcrcc.com/ - Cached - Similar
Items for sale
Prop & Engine Chart
Winter Storage
Plane links
R/C clubs
Prop Safety

one last comment,all our ball fields,and sports parks are filled with teams practicing all hours and walkers use these fields and running tracks. not till winter will it become safe for our use to fly electricsin these shoolyards or parks as long as there are large numbers of people using them...unless your fortunate to secure a area safe from the sports.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 AM
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

Hayofstacks, that's a great story. But how about when you watch a guy come within 2 feet of hitting another pilot in the head because he's only flown little hand launch planes for 2 months, and thought he was ready for a 5 foot wingspan warbird? Apparently he didn't understand how to correct for prop torque and/or weathervaning in a crosswind. I think it's safe to say he needs some more training, from an instructor or self taught away from bystanders. I blame that incident on all of us who didn't speak up. Luckily it was only a near miss.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Yeah, not going to lie, we don't really have a space or location problem in the middle of our desert. That's a slow stick, I broke my landing gear off, and my dad forgot his batteries, so instead we flew a slow stick in 15mph winds for several hours. Wasn't much fun, but I got my fix for the day.

I keep forgeting about how sue happy people are. I seriously doubt I could sue the largest corporation in utah, the mormon church, and win. There's also so many out here, that everyone uses them like they are there own. Most have a baseball diamond or feild.

I would also argue flying a 2lb airplane is no different then playing catch at your local park, as I have argued before. We all know the risks, which is why the parking lot isn't generally at the end of the run way. But when I go out and fly in the middle of no where, I park my car on either the side of the road, or on the salt when I go and fly. I use the hood of my car for my work area, and charge 4 batteries at a time on my station wagons many cigarette lighters. Some times I climb on top of my hood and lay my head down on the winsheild instead of using a lawn chair. I also take off downwind sometimes, land cross wind often, and only risk my plane.

If you showed up and watched me doing something stupid with my plane, its your fault, not mine. You know what I'm doing, you knew the risks, you know that if a plane flies straight at you out of control, you are on your own. Watching people do 3d flying during an event at a flying feild isn't any safer then me doing touch and goes, or flying 3 mistakes high. Actually, it is much more dangerous then me sitting in the middle of no where with nothing to hit. So my argument to you, is that you already are more dangerous then I am.

So I'm glad someone like you can come running over and tell me I need someone to tell me how to be safe. I'll tell you right now, it costs just over $100 total a year for my local club, and the only reason I have considered it, is so I don't have to drive an extra 10 miles. I could make that up in a few weeks of driving to the feild.

I really don't mean to offend anyone either, but you can't fix stupid, and making rules to cover everyone excludes those of us the rules were not ment for. I've bought and fixed airplanes, crashed a lot and took hoke whole airplanes. If you told me I couldn't fly because I'm too stupid to see how windy it is, how should I take it?

On the salt fats with nothing for miles, flying any airplane is fairly safe. Even in 15 miles an hour winds, anyone can take off just about any plane in any direction.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

your a good man my friend,and I'd be so happy to have ya flying next me any day. thanks for understanding the field differences . i also once belonged to a club that stunk and could write all day about how unfriendly they were.

they were night compared to my new club thats day. i would love to travel and fly at others clubs or fields. I'm one of those pilots who fly at other club funflys.....not just bring a plane and watch,thats not fun...lol.

thanks again for understand that stupid people exist in every club.there are a few in our club who fly as if they should be allowed to fly reckless. some times i hear the row of guys sitting ,watching as a guy goes to the flight line and they start saying"blank is up,watch or he may land in the pits again." we let him fly and keep watch to duck if need be. and when the group says "enough!!!get that guy on a buddy box before he kills someone " i totally am glad we are watching out for everyone and the pilot also.

i know for a fact if i flew where theres tons of space that i would allow some folks to learn the hard way how not to fly. we just don't have that luxury.

by the way,when i get my parkjet up to 200mph i'll fly with you guys...lol..many a speed record is set in the flats.

Quick Reply: If you don't participate in a club, or at an AMA flying field, we;d like to know why

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10908 seconds with 16 queries