Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here! - Page 175 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Howdy Paul! Welcome!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:27 PM
flybuy

Haven't been on for a while missed new ones that have come on after i did. So Welcome everyone.New to RC myself so I have a lot to learn. Nice to have a place with lots of people that have experence.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Cpt.WeirdBeard

Default Back in the hobby

Hello fellow Wattflyers,
I've been away from the hobby for 5 years or so and can't believe how much the technology has improved and changed. New batteries, chargers, transmitters, just about everything. So much so that I felt it prudent to join this forum for assistance and advice. I've been slowly searching through and researching everything I can in the forums but I'm sure to have a few questions so I thank you for all of your patience ahead of time.
To give a little background I started flying glow trainers about 8 years back and rapidly transitioned to electrics. I tried a little of everything from flat foamy pusher jets to full house arfs and rtfs. I also tried my hand at kit building a few times, the hob p51 electric was a fantastic kit. Unfortunately several moves later and now I am again rebuilding from the ground up but sadly in an area with no close hobby shops or clubs.
I look forward to reading more of all of your posts and hope that you all enjoy reading of my adventures, and hopefully not to many failures, as well.

Fair well for now,
May your flights be successfully and your crashes be few!
Cpt. Weird Beard
Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome back to the fold and to Wattflyer!!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:42 AM
jlk99

I have many questions so hope I learn how to get around soon
Old 02-21-2012, 02:54 AM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Cpt.WeirdBeard View Post
Hello fellow Wattflyers,
I've been away from the hobby for 5 years or so and can't believe how much the technology has improved and changed. New batteries, chargers, transmitters, just about everything. So much so that I felt it prudent to join this forum for assistance and advice. I've been slowly searching through and researching everything I can in the forums but I'm sure to have a few questions so I thank you for all of your patience ahead of time.
To give a little background I started flying glow trainers about 8 years back and rapidly transitioned to electrics. I tried a little of everything from flat foamy pusher jets to full house arfs and rtfs. I also tried my hand at kit building a few times, the hob p51 electric was a fantastic kit. Unfortunately several moves later and now I am again rebuilding from the ground up but sadly in an area with no close hobby shops or clubs.
I look forward to reading more of all of your posts and hope that you all enjoy reading of my adventures, and hopefully not to many failures, as well.

Fair well for now,
May your flights be successfully and your crashes be few!
Cpt. Weird Beard
Cpt,

I grew up in S. Wisconsin and always relished our family trips " up north" Some beautiful country, not to mention the best taverns in the world. Bro in Law still has a cottage on Big St. Germain. With all the lakes up there, I would think you might look at float planes. Can T/O from ice or water. But beware that a muskie could pop his head out of the water and eat your plane !

Welcome !

Hawk
Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 AM
gunslingerdb
Butta Butta Jam

Thumbs up Awesome site!!!

Hello all! I can't thank you guys enough for putting together such a fun and useful site. I am still pretty much a "super nugg" when it comes to RC flying, but I'm completely sold on it. It definitely eases the pain of not ACTUALLY flying anymore.

I just picked up my 5th plane a couple weeks ago (although one of them is no longer for this world). I love the simplicity and user friendliness of E-flight, and have found this site to be a veritable cornucopia of useful info. I have already begun to invest heavily in this, as I know this while be a life-long love affair. I am even planning on teaching my daughter to fly this summer. Thanks again Wattflyer!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Welcome to the addiction, Sir or Madam.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome gun!!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 AM
boritz

Hi everyone. Good luck. Nice site and helpfull
Old 03-08-2012, 10:13 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi GUN, Hi Boritz, Welcome to Wattflyers, Lots of Super Nice and smart people here, I Know I have Learned a Ton of stuff here Take care and have fun, Chellie
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Hey Bor, welcome!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 AM
nige2012

Default Hello

Hi just like to say hello and found the site by accident while trying to resolve some issues with speed controllers Turned out to be a Tx problem with my Futaba set up .
So very useful got the info i needed and very pleased to join in. next topic will be a lazy servo but will talk about that later thanks N bye for now.

nige
Old 03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome nige, stick around a bit and share your flying adventures!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:29 PM
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Welcome nige
Old 03-31-2012, 01:17 AM
REVOJohn

Hey guys
John here from REVOLECTRIX in Singapore. In a nutt shell we have partners together with FMA a few years back to manufacture all the REVOLECTRIX product in my facility in Singapore. Keen to join this forum more on thr battery technology side of things as thats my experience and background. See you out there
Old 03-31-2012, 01:59 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Welcome.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:24 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Hey John, welcome to WF!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:44 AM
bbqflyer

Hey John! Glad you could join us. I'm not familiar with revolectrix, where can we find your batteries?
Old 03-31-2012, 04:25 AM
REVOJohn

Originally Posted by bbqflyer View Post
Hey John! Glad you could join us. I'm not familiar with revolectrix, where can we find your batteries?
not sure i can post a website here but google revolectrix
Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 AM
Beemerider

I'm a kinda old fart returning to this fascinating hobby. Flew glo (or tried) about 20 yrs ago. I was 20 yrs younger, hard-headed and tried to fly without joining a club. Spent more time repairing and less flying. Now I'm 20 yrs older but not quite as hard-headed. I'm gainfully un-employed so I can take my time and learn it right this time. This seems like a wonderful forum to teach an old fart new tricks. My Dad was a 30 yr Naval Aviator, flew TBF's during WWII and F9F's later. If he was still alive he'd be here with me. In another way I reckon he is anyway.

My other passion (besides my grandkids) is BMW motorcycles. One day I hope to get back on mine. In the meantime I'll be reading here and probably asking a bunch of questions. Thanks!

Wayne
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 AM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Welcome to WF!! You will find everything you possibly can need to get back in the seat again! HAPPY FLYING!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 AM
mclarkson
Super Contributor

Welcome. I don't wanna sound ageist or sexist but it's largely a bunch of old farts here.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 AM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

RUT ROW!!!! your gonna have Chellie sending missles down range at ya now!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by mclarkson View Post
Welcome. I don't wanna sound ageist or sexist but it's largely a bunch of old farts here.
Whois old Fart?? Im a young terd
Beemerder welcome to WF

Quick Reply: Welcome New Members to Wattflyer - We ONLY do electric flight here!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.15046 seconds with 13 queries