Discussion Some items on WattFlyer that could still use some work. - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Support & Suggestions If you need tech support post your question here or site suggestions too.

Discussion Some items on WattFlyer that could still use some work.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:51 AM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

Default Some items on WattFlyer that could still use some work.

Don and all...

There are still a couple things on WattFlyer that just don't seem to work right for me. Nothing is actually preventing me from posting what I want to, but a few things are annoying me. So I was hoping the site provider could squeeze in a few more fixes.

The load times of threads with lots of pictures attached in them is sometimes really slow. It's like the full pictures are downloading and not just a thumbnail. You can use my PT-19 thread as an example. http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...447#post988447

When attaching pictures to a post, the pictures show up full size into the "Manage Attachments" dialogue box. You can't easily find the rest of the buttons to add comments to the pictures and confirm...

In the main thread the comments around the attachments are not displayed.

When viewing attached pictures in a post, the picture viewer does not let you view the next picture. I thought you could just click on an arrow to load the next attached picture.

Just hoping for a few more late Christmas presents!

Steve
Old 01-22-2016, 01:10 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Sent the link to IB Steve. Thanks for bringing it up. Load times for me have been super fast since the last fix. But the thread you linked me too is definitely slower.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:06 PM
fdnyjery
FDNYJERY

Don: Whatever, this is one Watt Flyer that thinks you do a Wonderful Job as Moderator and with your job and family obligations, I just think you are Amazing. Wish you were Going to the Perry Swap up in Perry Ga. I would love to meet you in person. Well maybe sometime. Keep up the Great Work with the site! Blessings
fdnyjery aka Jerry
Old 01-22-2016, 06:14 PM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

Thanks Don,

I brought this up not just because it was annoyng me, but because another user abandoned his build thread here because of these issues. (and the picture limitations and no auto resizing...)

I'd like to see WattFlyer grow and pictures are always the best part of everyone's posts!

Steve
Old 01-22-2016, 08:27 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

They actually speeded things up and medium size photos upload now fine, I doubt the photo resizer where we could upload any size photo and it posts them will ever be taken care of.

Jerry, head down to SEFF in April at Americus, GA and I'll be there again this year along with FiremanBill, Nick King, and several other folks who hang out on WF.