WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - EF Extra 300 possible conversion
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:30 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Originally Posted by Vic Z View Post
I'm taking a serious look at the 48" EF edge 540 for my first balsa plane.
Any opinions?

http://extremeflightrc.com/48-Edge-5...ack_p_288.html
I am building one as we speak. You can't go wrong with this model. EF has quite a few generations of 3D balsa and testing that have gone into these EXP series models. Longerons are carbon fiber tubing in this model. They REALLY beefed up the landing gear plate. And, AND it feels light as a feather. Amazing bird. While I havent flown this specific model I own 6 other Extremeflight/3DHS 44" to 60" models and can assure you it performs exactly as advertised. Suggested power system will be ballistic. Servos are inexpensive. One item you should get with the plane is the suggested spinner. These are high quality spinners, for cheap and they fit in the shipping box.

One thing I like to do, certainly not required, is to replace the CA hinges with Dubro nylon hinges, epoxied in. They offer zero resistance and are way less prone to failure. I also run a slightly stronger HS-70MG on the elevator. ZTW Mantis 65A and 80A ESC's (get the 80, same weight) offer a programmable 6 volt BEC. In this application, you will want the suggested Hitec servos to be running at this, maximum voltage.

Pretty proud of the hinge line That sucker swings 80 degrees either way!

Page generated in 0.03157 seconds with 10 queries