WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Discussion-Should I get a heli or sims first
Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Well .... having had the pain of heli ownership in 80's when it was go oiut and crash .. keep trying till you got the hang of it ..... I knew that my return to helis recently would be painful.

I bought a co-ax ... and play with it in the house. It's a toy. Pure and simple. Yes it took a bit of learning, but nothing that any kid couldn't do.

So I wanted a 'proper' heli ... 450 was about the size I wanted ... already knowing from past that small is twitchy .. I got a sim ... HeliSimRC - free on web .. it soon showed me how much I didn't know !

I got my clone 450 CP job ...

Well it's now a tit-tat affair ... sim sim sim .... heli .... sim sim sim sim ... heli .... sim sim sim ....... Yep - I spend about 3 - 4x amount of time on sim to make sure I have best chance when I take heli outside.

I didn't really take to the sim till I had the heli and THAT made me realise the value of using the sim. Before heli arrived, sim was more a gimmick .. a game.

I think a sim is worthwhile no matter how good you may be at flying.

Page generated in 0.02932 seconds with 8 queries