View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 02:04 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by stefanv View Post
They're probably not gone. MotoCalc 8.08 stores these in the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\Application Data\MotoCalc 8, whereas older versions stored them in C:\Program Files\MotoCalc8, which Windows Vista and newer mapped to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\MotoCalc 8 behind your (and my) back.

If you copy all the files from that third location to the first one (while MotoCalc is not running), you should find that everything is back. This is supposed to happen automatically when installing the update, but we have had a few reports where this did not happen.
That all sounds good. However the XXX/Application Data directory is a Windows 7 secure systems directory. The Windows 7 users (like me) are not allowed access to this directory. I went into Windows 7, to turn on access to hidden files, but Windows 7 treated the system files differently from hidden files and still did not allow access to the application data directory.

So, how do I move the files to a directory where access is blocked??

Out of curiosity, I tried to re-install Motocalc 8.08, doing so did not resolve the problem.

Page generated in 0.04158 seconds with 8 queries