Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I've been flying glow planes for over 20 years and have never really had any vibration related servo problems. When I first started flying, I did have a vibration issue that affected my receiver. I used a metal rod with a z bend to connect to the throttle lever on my carb. At one point the rod was close enought to contact the engine case. At a certain RPM, the metal rod vibrating against the engine would create a radio freuency in the spectrum that affected my receiver. The servos would go crazy jumping back and forth and the plane became uncontrollable. Fortunately the throttle would still react to my transmitter and when I cut the throttle the servos would work fine. At that time I was so inexperienced, I had no idea what was causing the problem. A more experienced flyer in our club found the problem. I thought he was crazy at first, but we adjusted the rod away from the engine case and it never happened again.

Nice thing about that 2.4 Ghz radio frequency. It's very difficult to accidentally generate 2.4 Ghz, and mechanical vibration of things like servo linkages is not one that will.

Page generated in 0.03890 seconds with 8 queries