WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Middle School RC Helicopter Competition, Need Advice
Old 05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
JoeTex

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha View Post
Hi Joe
Welcome aboard
Im pleased to meet you
I would go with a 4 channel coaxial heli, the easiest to control for the novice
I have the first version and can vouch for there durability and ease of operation
Take care
Yours Hank
I was told about the Blade CX2 and it is currently my favorite choice! Another model I was informed about was the Walkera 5#10 model. I'm mostly worried that they would destroy their entire helicopter in a crash. The Blade CX2 does look like it can handle a crash fairly well, so I'm opting more for that model. The price difference between the models is about $80, so I'm not sure what is the "big" difference between the 2.

The competition will be for Middle School students, and they will have about 4 weeks of practice for the competition. We are still discussing the competition format and hope to have something concrete that is doable by all teams for maximum competitiveness. I did some quick searches and haven't found any RC Helicopter competitions using smaller models rather than the scale versions. If you have any competition ideas, I'd be glad to hear them as well!

Page generated in 0.02894 seconds with 8 queries