View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Dereck
Super Contributor

[quote=d&mrc;553634]
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
See red writing.
Also, I have contacted the royal air force museum in London. They have an archive/research department that is freely available to the public. What's more, they have a section devoted entirely to aircraft manufacturers, dating clear back to the dawn of military aviation, WWI. Perhaps I can get a copy of the original blueprints, or a copy of the original 3-view (if ever there were any). If that doesn't work, I'll stick with the original plan (to get the 3-views and a bunch of photos from here), as well as pick up the plans pburt linked to. I am going to use them to get an idea of where to put my electronics. Man, I can't wait!
Good sources! The RAF museum is great - though I haven't been there for a few years now. Not sure if you really want a set of blueprints - there's a lot of boring little fittings go to make up a wire braces mostly wooden airframe and I don't think you want to go THAT scale A bipe like this is mostly holes with some wooden edging. Probably any three view will do you, chances are they all come from the same place...

Bob Banka's my first stop for photos, I've always had good service from him.

Flying in winds with small models - DON'T! For a three foot or so model of trivial weight, even a light breeze is effectively the kind of howling gale that would have the entire squadron drinking coffee in the hut and muttering about the weather. Yes, it's boring and I probably did it when I was much newer to RC. Once recall almost losing my landing points in a scale comp because the model was sitting there on its mains, fuselage horizontal and just about flying, according the judges. I was trying to figure out how to get the tail down to complete the landing maneuvre (which is, after all, the only compulsory maneuvre in flying )

But avoiding excessive wind makes your valuable handicraft last much longer... I too would rather have a lighter scale model and leave it in the car a little more often.

Stick with your project - standing behind a brand new, unique and unflown model, scale or otherwise, as you prepare to make that first test flight is the greatest thrill in this great hobby. Sure beats the feeling as you tear the shrinkwrap off that new big shiny box

Regards

Dereck

Page generated in 0.05114 seconds with 7 queries