WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Motocalc Update from 8.07 to 8.08
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:25 AM
kyleservicetech
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by stefanv View Post
That's really odd. As user XXX, the files under XXX/Application Data (aka AppData) are YOUR files, so you should be allowed access to them. That is where Microsoft wants developers like us to put the user's files, since (as of Vista), they don't have access to files in "C:/Program Files".

The folder will be dimmed even when Show Hidden Folders is turned on, but you should still be allowed to go there. Perhaps some security setting on your system is preventing you from going there, and also prevented MotoCalc from copying the files from the previous version there?

If you're unable to resolve this, you can uninstall MotoCalc 8.08 and reinstall MotoCalc 8.07, and all your projects should reappear. Let me know if you need an installer for 8.07, or if you still have it handy.

Please note that we're in the middle of what looks like is going to be a 4-day power outage due to an ice storm. I'm connected to the Internet right now by satellite, with the equipment running on batteries, so my responses will be sporadic until late Monday.
Yeah, that would work, send me a copy of motocalc 8.07.

I've gone through everything I could find on that directory. Many internet sources indicated this is a restricted file location.

Page generated in 0.04597 seconds with 8 queries