WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - How do I fly, exactly?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Jeremy Z
Wind Warrior

Originally Posted by AEAJR View Post
Why Smaug, I am shocked that anything would humble a Dragon. Dragons were flying long before men even dreamed of it! I am honored by your words.
Remember, even the mighty Smaug was once a hatchling who couldn't fly!

I just came home from a long day of shopping, and one of the items was a joystick. It is a big-ass thing, like you'd find in a real F-16, but it was the only proportional one that actually had a stick and was only $20 at Target. I've spent about 3 hours on FMS today, and I'm already 100% more confident in my abilities. That FMS program is fanTAStic. I feel like I really got something good for free. I read the copyright info on it, and it says that it can be given around freely, as long as you don't try to profit from it. The authors of the program even went so far as to give permission to include it with an RC package that someone is selling, so long as they don't try to get extra money for including the program.

In real life, I will be able to see the plane better, because I'm only limited by the resolution of my eyes. However, crashes are higher-stakes, so it balances out.

Jeremy

Page generated in 0.05320 seconds with 8 queries