WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - How do I fly, exactly?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 05:01 AM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Default FMS simulator

Download FMS Flight Sim. It's free, and it will give you added thumb time and a bit of confidence. People seem to think flying an rc plane is easy. But gravity, wind, lift, drag, and experience, or the lack of, will accompany almost every one of your flights. I really think you should consider the flight sim route if you're going to go it alone.

The first time your aircraft is flying toward you, you'll want to go left, and you'll end up going right. Be smart, or be prepared to shell out some bucks. Also, once you get your plane in the air, GET SOME ALTITUDE. And lots of it. When in the learning phase, altitude is your best ally. Don't even bother to turn before you get good altitude.

I'm not familiar with your plane, but if it's a "Trainer", then, if you get disoriented, or you loose control, don't panic. Just release the stick. The plane will right itself and you can then take control of it. That is if you had enough altitude. I can't stress that enough. New pilots are leery about flying high up. Don't be.

Steve

Page generated in 0.04505 seconds with 8 queries