WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Operating my LiPo Charger from batteries
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Samman37

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Solar may seem a good idea ...... but start calculating panel needed ..

Lets say a B6 charger at 50W. It needs a minimum of 12V at 5A to even start to charge at low to medium rates in the 2 and 3S ranges.

Solar panels .. I have a 1ft square panel sits on my motorboat to top-up the SLA battery that runs my auto bilge pump ... that panel is 12v at 0.6A ...

That means to get equivalent to the power - is 10 panels .....

Once you factor in the voltage drop and sunlight factors - you can double that ... portability now seems to be 'out of question' ... unless you cover roof of your trailer / vehicle ?
For better understanding, I wasn't talking about standard solar panels or flexible panels. I was talking about the generator with solar modules, like Wagan (EL2547) or something like it. But, for camping somewhere aside from civilization seems to be not so bad idea to take some additional panels with you.

For about the car - no way for me for now, because I'm a brave owner of Suzuki Swift 2007... The roof is not so large for such modernization.

Page generated in 0.04533 seconds with 7 queries