View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 10:58 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default 3D print wasted !

I have the 3D Labprint files for the P51 Mustang ... so I start the print of the left wing parts .... that's over 12 hour run to print.

Started morning ... expect finish evening.

Of to shop and buy new desktop PC to replace my Laser and 3D print PC .... good deal struck with shop ...

Later that afternoon - 3D printer is Ender so it prints from SD card and I can change PC without interfering with print. Disconnect old Pentium PC and plug in the new Second generation i5 Quad Core PC with new monitor etc.
Switch on ..... beeps and lights ... where's video ?? No display ....

Check all leads ... pull D-sub lead off and screen says disconnected ... plug back in again .. black screen ... nothing. Go to monitor menu ... make sure correct cable / format .... nothing ....

While all this is going on ..... 3D printer is getting to end of spool and I need to feed new filament in ...

After about 45 mins fighting the PC - I'm a bit '*****' ..... and I nearly missed filament running out ...

I grab nect reel and put filament to the feed hole .... and then something that should never happen occurs !! The extruder unit moves while I'm feeding (print is paused) ... putting the print head out of position ...
I resume print - hoping the head will revert to correct position ... but no it hits the already printed ... I quickly stop it and then manually reposition head .... restart ... CRUNCH >> CRACKLE >>>

That's 11 hrs of print completely wasted.

PC ? no joy ... took back to shop next morning and now waiting them to get replacement from main stock in Riga ....
They tested it and could not get video out either ... D-Sub or HDMI ... nothing.

Nuts !! The wing parts - now have to wait new filament as the reel I have is not enough for the job.

If I wait for the new PC ... then I can separate the parts in the print set and use the old reel ... but I need the PC to do it ....

Page generated in 0.09007 seconds with 7 queries