Thread: Modified Nobler
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:39 AM
ajaxcrypto

Default Modified Nobler

This was last winters project and I need a little help on what to call it. Horizon Hobby owns the name "Nobler" so I can't call it that, and that name refers to a control line plane. This is a Nobler enlarged 20% from some 1957 plans, converted to electric and the fuselage was stretched to make it a stable RC plane. I kept the look of the Nobler as much as I could, like the rib spacing and wing tips but most of the construction is that of a pattern ship.
Here are some of the specification:
Wing area: 800 sq inches
Length: 54 inches
Wingspan: 67 inches
Weight: 121 oz. or 7.5 lb. (This is the ready to fly or wet weight) ...It seems odd to use the term "wet weight" on an electric plane.
Motor: e-flite power 60 motor 470Kv
ESC: Castle talon 90
Propeller: 15 x 8
Battery: 6 cell Lipo 22.2 volts

I really like the way this plane flies, so much so that I'm going to build a second one and create a full set of plans as I go. Right now most of the curved parts are in CAD and were machined on my CNC router. But before I can get started I need a name to call it that wont get me in trouble. One suggestion was "Nobler 120" since it's 120% of the original, but some people may think it refers to the engine size.

So please reply with what you would call it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2220sm.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	499.8 KB
ID:	188267   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2204sm.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	188268  

Page generated in 0.08394 seconds with 10 queries