WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Thrust vectoring with Pushers - ideas ?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I would never substitute TV for normal surfaces ... my Twister that has TV has it switched to link in with elevator and rudder - and can be switched off completely. Took ages to find way to make sure it centred when switched off ! That may sound a bit strange .... but think of it ...

You are flying and as usual the sticks are not stationary ... you switch of and the servos are at position related to the surfaces .. not centred. But when you switch of - you want TV to be neutral so that model flies normally ..

My thoughts on tweaking - yes I agree that shims are not hard ... but given that some of my pushers are nit your garden variety jobs - that have crazy power setups that make a hash of any slight nisaligned thrust .. it's nice to think that a click or so on Tx could alter it without need for spanner and shims. And its' alterable to a much more variable degree... up and down.
1.2KW stuck up behind a model that is designed for 150W is not childs play !!

For normal practice .. certainly it's unnecessary.

Nigel

Page generated in 0.05346 seconds with 10 queries