WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - New to Electric Flight
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:29 AM
dasintex

Originally Posted by ron_van_sommeren View Post
I would start with a dedicated single-motor beginnersplane. Otherwise you are in for a very steep, expensive, frustrating and risky learning curve.
Do you have RC flying experience? What with?
Hey Ron;

I have over 30 yrs RC experience, mostly Glow and Big Gasser Planes including Twins; a few Small Electric single Motor RTF Planes that didn't need a lot of guesswork; Being Canadian and former Canadian Armed Forces Member, I am a big Fan of the RCAF Twin Otter, and just had to get the VQ Models Canadian Otter; would have preferred to power it with Glow Engines but the Plane is set up for Electric Only, the Otter will be the biggest Electric I have had and the only Twin Electric, looking forward to the challenge and all your help is appreciated.

You posted that I need to cut the red Lead or Pin on one of the ESC's to eliminate conflicting Voltages and/or frequencies depending on the type of BEC; Y-connecting both ESCs leads into single feed into Receiver won't accomplish this?

Again Thanks for the info.

Page generated in 0.04760 seconds with 8 queries