View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 10:29 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
It was normal to have a supermarket plastic bag in pocket just in case !! Know it well ..... I had a beautiful Royal P51D which I had brought back from US to UK ... Spent loving care building the model from the kit. Flaps, retracts ... cracking model.
3rd flight - Rx battery pack failed where a cells tag broke away cutting power to Rx. She went in with throttle still open ... (IC glow HB51) .... spreading wreckage far and wide.

I find it amazing the crashes I have with foam now and still fly next day ... longest time to repair incl. glue time was 2hrs. That was ripped out wing bolt fixing area in fuselage, centre part of wing T/E from aileron rods back torn out, fuselage split at fwd part of cockpit, motor mount split, wing L/E fixing / alignment pins snapped of .....
Only reason I didn't go back out flying same day was sun had set !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aGBXrJ6e34

Ahhh yes, the good old times with a Plastic trash bag to pick up the pieces
I have crashed a lot at first, so i know others will crash too, and i had a instructor helping me a little, but i mostly learned with a 2 meter glider with a power pod and a 049 engine, many a time i picked up small pieces of balsa, then i went to foam planes, and there were fewer pieces to pick up I still do crash from time to time, but most of my crashes now days are due to mech. failure like a servo locking up, that was my last crashes problem, aileron servo froze on me, if i would just have left the ailerons alone and used the rudder to get it back in Maybe that would have saved it Take care and have fun, Chellie

Page generated in 0.04491 seconds with 8 queries