View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 03:50 AM
ROCKETCHRIS

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...r9?usp=sharing

Here is a link to a photo I took of The Nick Cara designed YF 23 Prop in the slot Park Jet my son and I are finishing up. This is before the decals and pilot cockpit stickers were added. Unfortunately, the all up weight is 22 ounces ready to fly with battery. I'm glad we installed a motor which at least in theory has 32 ounces of thrust. I found the most difficult task on this build was to design, shape and fit the KFm4 airfoils which were not part of Mr. Cara's design. I got the idea for the KFm4 airfoils from the 5EZP YF 23 on this forum. The plane was easy to balance by just moving the battery around in the Electronics box beneath the plane. I forgot to mention we are using 3 , 9gram Miuzi servos and a Spektrum 4channel receiver. During my research before the build , I found out that most of the previous builders for this design had made the elevator one solid piece and used separate servos for each aileron because the usual elevon 4x4 set up with the ailerons didn't provide enough elevator function. We are going to program the ESC tomorrow (Our first time programming an ESC) and adjust the control servos and do a radio check. If all that goes well we will attempt a maiden flight.

Page generated in 0.06712 seconds with 8 queries