WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - "5EZP" Grumman A-6 INTRUDER
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Bobdaeronort
Bobdaeronort

Originally Posted by ROCKETCHRIS View Post
I've been trying to decide which prop in the slot park jet to build next. I wanted to expand my foam model building skills and finally decided to give Mr. Daeronort's 5EZp A6 Intruder at 100 % plan size. With the COG shown on the plan and the availability of a build video, I hope I can be successful. My general plan is to do a rough build of the model first to understand how the parts go together to identify any pitfalls and then I will do a second final build keeping weight, fit and finish as positive as possible. If anybody has any motor/prop and ESC combination suggestions , I would appreciate a heads up. With a wing span of over 37" long , I'm guessing a high KV quad motor is out of the question because of the weight and drag demanding a higher torque motor. I also plan to activate the rudder in some way , even if it's just an under rudder beneath the horizontal stab to be effective with the air flow.
ROCKETCHRIS -
I used a Grayson Hobby Micro-jet motor (2200kv w 6x4 prop) initially. I swapped it out for a GH MJv2 (92500kv) which improved the performance greatly.
I built a new one at 80% and used the Micr-Jet motor again.
The intruder makes a wonderfully stable flyer and a good ground skimmer.

Page generated in 0.02794 seconds with 7 queries