WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Aerodrome RC Stearman Military Trainer
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
modbuilder

Hi Gang -- This is basically a bump to keep Franny's Stearman build log fresh, 'cause I'm starting the same build, and I want to keep it alive and current. Franny graciously exchanged some email thoughts back several months ago, and I'm just now getting one of those " 'round to it's" . My ambition is to build the 48" aerodromeRC short kit pretty much as designed, but go to school on it and see what mods I might want to make for a 60"-er. I'm grievously pained with the 6 to 9 oz dead weight that Franny had to stick in the nose to get the CG right. I'm determined to either lighten up something behind the CG enough to eliminate the dead weight in the nose, or put in an oversized motor or battery or something to get some value added from the weight. Thinking about lots of things to lighten it up behind the CG, but am a rookie builder, so I'm reluctant to drift too far away from the design/build instructions. Anyway, here's a bump for Franny's Stearman. Franny, if you're out there, how 'bout some flying video? BTW -- really appreciate all the great photos during the build. Regards..... Bob R.

Page generated in 0.06707 seconds with 10 queries